Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Jasmine attar - wow!

I finally received the Amouage Jasmine attar today that I ordered from Les Senteurs for the wife (12 days shipping to the U.S. - not bad). As a Jasmine lover, I have to say "wow". Gerald was right in his recommendation. Very potent but classy, it oozes elegance. The sillage is extraordinary in comparison to other Jasmine pure essential oils that I've experienced. A woman who wears this will draw the attention of every man in the room. It's the best jasmine I've ever experienced ..... wonder where the oil is from? I'm puzzled and frustrated that Amouage doesn't offer this (and their other single-note attars) in the U.S. especially give its' reasonable price ($70).

Les Senteurs was great; will definitely order from them again.
    Last edited by ItalianStallion; 5th March 2010 at 12:12 AM.

Default Re: Amouage Jasmine attar - wow!

Thanks for sharing this info. I'm in Paris this weekend and being a jasmine freak, I will try to hunt down a shop that carries the Amouage line in hopes of trying it.

thank you for the post! I am also a big jasmine fan but wasn't sure if this attar had any class or longevity before deciding to pursue a sample.
    "What actions are most excellent? To gladden the heart of human beings, to feed the hungry, to help the afflicted, to lighten the sorrow of the sorrowful, and to remove the sufferings of the injured" Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)

Question for ItallionStallion or anyone else that has tried this. Is it an indolic jasmine or more soft and transparent? I love Jasmine but prefer them to have that stink to them.

Yes I had the same WOW reaction when I sampled it in Les Senteurs. I find it very indolic, reminiscent of A la Nuit and Bruno Acampora's Jasmin.

wow. I may have to break down and order one from les senteurs.

This is interesting and good stuff with suprisingly little attention... I find it fairly indolic with a jasmine that is not far away from Caron's Acaciosa (whose jasmine is a bit more candied). The Amouage attar has a citrus-fruity undertone and I can also see the Acampora association. Its sillage is on the comfortable side. Any new thoughts?

Is Jasmin the actual name of the attar, or does it have another name? And is it part of the export line? (I understand that Amouage has many attars, but only a dozen or so sold in very selected stores abroad)

cacio

There is a Jasmine attar as well as another one that is very jasmine heavy- Tayyiba. Both are positively gorgeous and deserve more love. Unfortunately, as far as I know, they're not ones that are exported.
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/281969-Montale-Amouage-Gengis-Khan-Musk-Oils-Micallef-Manufacturer-Samples-etc."]Pure Havane and Misc Samples[/URL]

[URL="http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=696"]What's this, an offsite link to more sales?[/URL]

cacio, it is simply called Jasmine and came from either Les Senteurs in the UK or The Perfumed Court. I would recommend sampling it together with Acaciosa. While the latter is very sweet, it is more interesting with its development as a real extrait compared to a (nearly) single note attar (oil). Acaciosa should IMO also be seen as a variation to the former Pois de Senteur Chez Moi, which it not only shared the bottle and box design with, but also a clear resemblance in its base.