Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Skin care for men BLOG/FORUM??

Hi i,m interesed in find a good blog about creams,moisturizers for men ,........ but indepedent not with comercial enviroment ,a forum like basenotes but especific in the skin care for men.

any options.?

thanks
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Skin care for men BLOG/FORUM??

Here are a few sites I visit from time to time.

http://scform.blogspot.com/
    http://www.styleforum.net/
    http://www.menessentials.com/forum/
    http://www.makeupalley.com/
    http://badgerandblade.com/

The best one IMO is scform but the blog owner has been busy or something like that and has not updated the blog in more than a month. He has reviewed a lot of men skin care products and I am actually using some of his recommendations and they do work very well. Makeupalley is another good place to read reviews on products but keep in mind that it's more female product orientated so you won't get much reviews about male products. Plus you got to be a member to read the reviews. I personally don't really make a distinction between male or female skin products. Menessentials is alright too but the lack of active members has made most reviews out of date. Styleforum is not bad and are among the better forums for men skin care but I can't stand the search function ! Badger and Blade although more shaving orientated does have a section dedicated to skin care. But don't expect to find reviews on products from Avene, Shiseido or Estee Lauder here LOL.

If anyone else has any male skin care/blog suggestions please do share. The lack or reviews on male skin care products is heart breaking when you end up doing the trial and error way and end up wasting a lot of money.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 6th March 2010 at 11:05 AM.
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info Jonny.
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Post Thanks / Like

No problem...if you do find any other good men skin care forums or blogs remember to share them here
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Post Thanks / Like

good list Johny. I agree, I've checked most of those regularly but there just doesn't seem to be a solid comprehensive site/forum. Understandable though I think.
    NEW STUFF FOR SALE - TOM FORD, Guerlain, Acqua Di Parma, Serge Lutens, Byredo, Diptyque, etc. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by JoNnY 4 View Post
    I have been a member of this forum for close to 5 months now and can tell you it's extremely informative on all things related to men's grooming in general, including skin care.

If you take the time to read up on various topics brought up in regards to wet shaving, you will quickly learn more about your particular skin type. Since shaving is (IMHO) the quintessential aspect of men's grooming, there is much to be learned about properly caring for your skin, before, during, and after shaving. The best part about B&B is that the majority of members are value minded. My generation has been brought up to think that expensive products, like one of the poster mentions above (Shiseido, Estee Lauder, etc) mean a product is superior to thier drugstore counterparts. Proper skin care products can be had inexpensively, and still work the same wonders of their high-end (read: expensive) counterparts, provided you take the time to learn what type of products work best for your skin type.

B&B is a wonderful community and a wealth of knowledge, and with that let this be my warm welcome to any of you who wish to further explore "the art of shaving".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warlandsboy View Post
    I have been a member of this forum for close to 5 months now and can tell you it's extremely informative on all things related to men's grooming in general, including skin care.

If you take the time to read up on various topics brought up in regards to wet shaving, you will quickly learn more about your particular skin type. Since shaving is (IMHO) the quintessential aspect of men's grooming, there is much to be learned about properly caring for your skin, before, during, and after shaving. The best part about B&B is that the majority of members are value minded. My generation has been brought up to think that expensive products, like one of the poster mentions above (Shiseido, Estee Lauder, etc) mean a product is superior to thier drugstore counterparts. Proper skin care products can be had inexpensively, and still work the same wonders of their high-end (read: expensive) counterparts, provided you take the time to learn what type of products work best for your skin type.

B&B is a wonderful community and a wealth of knowledge, and with that let this be my warm welcome to any of you who wish to further explore "the art of shaving".
    I agree warlandsboy about B&B and recently I needed some help with buying a quality brushless shaving cream and got a lot of help from the members there. It's not that I am criticizing B&B at all its just that a lot of the shaving brands mentioned and suggested there are not available in my country and probably in this part of Asia. In my country there is not a big variety of drug store brands that offer a good price and good quality (I have tried many) so most of the time the local consumers would have to resort to the more expensive department store brands. Btw I have taken a lot of time, effort and money to learn what products work for my skin. So far Shiseido works for me as I believe their products are made by Asians for Asians and I am more comfortable with that from a skin care point of view and nothing else.
    Last edited by JoNnY 4; 11th April 2010 at 04:31 AM.

Do you know its pricing?