Code of Conduct
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Tendre Poison - discontinued?!

Dosn't show up on the international
    part of www.dior.com anymore..!
    Last edited by Le Grand Duc; 5th March 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Default Re: Tendre Poison - discontinued?!

In a local store where they used to sell it, I've seen Midnight Poison in its place.

I've heard this one was terribly reformulated into something quite different from what it was, and by the time I got around to it, I thought it was quite foul. This might be more of a mercy killing than a discontinuation.

Tendre Poison was released as a lighter, younger alternative to Poison, so maybe that's not necessary now that Poison is a lighter, younger version of itself. It's been tenderized!
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 5th March 2010 at 08:06 PM.

Anyhow, it's the death of one of my babies,
    give me a minute to mourn ... but then again
    better her than any of her sisters!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    ... but then again
    better her than any of her sisters!
    Yes! Even though it's different, I would be SO sad if they got rid of Poison. It would rob the next generation of ever discovering this great scent.
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 5th March 2010 at 08:13 PM.

That'll never happed! Hell no!
    It would be like cancelling No. 5!

Basenotes Institution

If 'purple' Poison were ever discontinued I would have a fit !
    Poor Tendre ......
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 5th March 2010 at 10:13 PM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I truly liked Tendre as a more floral version of Poison. Very sad. Better stock up...
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Enough with the "is it discontinued" threads.

Far canal. Apprarently it's alive and well on the Hong Kong part of the website. Do we all feel better now?

http://beauty.dior.com/hk/en/base.ht...pane=olfactory

I buried Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Enough with the "is it discontinued" threads.
    And you are?!
    You don't need to reply to them,
    if they are such an annoyance
    to you ... simple as that!

Anyway; good that it's still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    And you are someone apparently incapable of exploring the Dior website. Posters should draw conclusions accordingly.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Alarmist posts about possibly discontinued fragrances, uttered with authority, and without sufficient research are in the same company as Jim Jones, David Koresh, Joseph di Mambro and Marshall Applewhite.

There's concern in the community ...

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/244...orum-etiquette

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/247...undant-threads

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    And you are someone apparently incapable of exploring the Dior website. Posters should draw conclusions accordingly-
    Not to start an argument or anything,
    but when I visit the Dior page, I go
    under 'internationally', and not some
    obscure sub-category as Hong Kong!
    Please!
    This forum should be more friendly,
    and not so goddamn hostile towards
    anyone who aren't experts or obsessed
    with Creed and niche houses..!

*reaches for popcorn*

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri View Post
    *reaches for popcorn*
    AAAhahaha, shut up you!

CATFIGHT!!!

Haha!

HIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong
    Tendre Poison was released as a lighter, younger alternative to Poison, so maybe that's not necessary now that Poison is a lighter, younger version of itself. It's been tenderized!
    When did they reformulate Poison? 'Cause if what I've smelled is the sanitized version, I can't even fathom the concoction that was worn in the '80s.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    When did they reformulate Poison? 'Cause if what I've smelled is the sanitized version, I can't even fathom the concoction that was worn in the '80s.
    According to some fans, it's been reformulated a number of times in its lifetime, gradually losing its intensity and animalic nuances.

I'm not entirely sure when my vintage bottle was made, but it is a different shape from the modern one; more elongated and less squat, and the juice has some noticeable differences between the old and new.

It's hard to put in words, but my vintage Poison is much thicker and richer, less fruity and floral, more oriental and animalic, and is completely linear versus modern Poison's progression to an ambery drydown. Where as modern Poison starts out with a huge bang and then gradually mellows, lasting about eight hours on me, vintage Poison just lasts and lasts and lasts, and keeps up the same intensity it has in its opening notes throughout. On a "Poison" day, I'll wake up the next day and my whole room will smell of the stuff.

The vintage esprit de parfum is different yet again. It's not more powerful than the vintage EdT - I don't think that's even possible - but it has a notably different composition from either the modern and the old formulations I've tried. Very little floral here at all, but kind of sweet, warm, dense, musky oriental.

I still like modern Poison, but it's a beauty that's become worn with time and toned down its personality to keep up its mainstream appeal. Vintage Poison is just too big for the modern market, I suspect. It's still great and over the top, just differently. It used to be Vampira... now it's more like Abby from NCIS.

Last edited by Sugandaraja; 6th March 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    According to some fans, it's been reformulated a number of times in its lifetime, gradually losing its intensity and animalic nuances.

I'm not entirely sure when my vintage bottle was made, but it is a different shape from the modern one; more elongated and less squat, and the juice has some noticeable differences between the old and new.

Yes, my vintage is in the flat EDT bottle with the glass stopper, not the grenade/apple shape with the sprayer. I agree with your impression. I also have the old, flat bottle of Tendre Poison as well.

The original Poison was so controversial that, if memory serves, public places in Paris *banned* the scent!
    Last edited by Primrose; 6th March 2010 at 11:08 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I don't want to offend Dr_Rudy, but I can't find Tendre on the French, the German, the US, the UK, the Belgium, the Belgium / Luxembourg, the Australian and the international website. That's the big markets for perfume of the world.

Is it still available in Italy, Spain, Hong Kong, latin America, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, or is it fair to assume, that they don't update those websites frequently?

I'm not sure for China, Taiwan, Japan, Korea, though, as I'm not able to read them.

Also the biggest seller in Germany, Douglas, doesn't have it any longer.

I'd say: It's discontinued, if it is not on the French website, because they usually have the greatest variety of perfumes available. There are some examples for perfume discontinuing for single countries, but France usually has everything available.

Would be interesting, if it is available only in South Europe, latin America and Asia, but it's not very likely, if you ask me. If somebody knows something, please post.

@ Le Grand Duc: You don't want to know, how often the tone turns in threads in the male section. Reminds me of cockfights. Must be the hormones. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    @ Le Grand Duc: You don't want to know, how often the tone turns in threads in the male section. Reminds me of cockfights. Must be the hormones.
    I took refuge over here to escape the Great Creed Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    I'd say: It's discontinued.
    I'd say so too, unfortunatly. It's nowhere to be found in Copenhagen!

@ Le Grand Duc: You don't want to know, how often the tone turns in threads in the male section. Reminds me of cockfights. Must be the hormones.
    Believe you me, I know, I know ...

Speaking of the "is it discontinued" threads (hope I will not upset Dr_Rudi )..

Let's assume we have a huge favourite, for instance Tendre Poison (oddly enough this is THE favourite of a lady friend... i am more of a hypnotic poison kinda' guy) and that Tendre Poison is indeed discontinued (such a shame )... Well, one would like to keep his/her signature smell so would try to replace Tendre Poison with something similar or very similar! What can she/he do?

In the Male section (where the cock fights happen ), there is a huge thread where people explore what fragrance is similar to what fragrance!
    That's very nice. I mean I'm searching for something like Venezia Uomo, I find some suggestions of similar perfumes, I go out and try them and if I'm lucky I do find one similar (for my nose) to venezia uomo. But at least I have some suggestions from people like me that used venezia uomo in the past.

Is there such a thread for women frags? Or does anyone know of a site that would suggest frags similar to other (discontinued) frags?

Tendre Poison was lovely! If it had been reformulated into something awful, though, probably best to let it go.

Btw, I never saw a relationship between Poison (purple) and Tendre Poison (green). I never thought of Tendre Poison as a lighter version of Poison, rather a different type of scent entirely. But I am saying this by memory of the original Poison. It and Giorgio were supposedly banned from many restaurants back in the day, which was before cigar and cigarette smoking were banned in restaurants, so how monstrous can those perfumes have been? Eh, such a fuss. Angel came along and blew this fussy attitude out of the water. It was never banned (though many thought/think it should be ). Vive le Mugler! (Apologies for the digression).
    Last edited by lilybelle; 2nd June 2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: spelling. :(

Quote Originally Posted by ampersand View Post
    Speaking of the "is it discontinued" threads (hope I will not upset Dr_Rudi )..Is there such a thread for women frags? Or does anyone know of a site that would suggest frags similar to other (discontinued) frags?
    There is Michael Edwards' site that recommends fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    There is Michael Edwards' site that recommends fragrances.
    You mean http://www.fragrancesoftheworld.com/, right?
    Well, it seems helpful but I'm a little confused.

There is that section, "Fragrances of the World Digital"
    If you step inside there are 3 choises: Confused, Hip&Celebrity Fragrances, Long Gone Scents

If I go into "Confused" and I select Biagiotti Venezia I get 3 alternatives.
    If I go into "Long Gone Scents" and I select Biagiotti Venezia I get OTHER 3 alternatives. For example, one of the suggestions here for Venezia is Givenchy Amarige Mariage. Well, Venezia is an oriental woody fragrance and Amarige Mariage is floral. How can they ve similar?

So which are which? Do you know how that application should be used?

Sorry, ampersand, that looks confusing to me, too. That must be a new feature, those three categories. I'd take some of those recommendations with a grain of salt, too. It recommended Nahema as an alternative to classic original Poison. I don't get that one. ???

I've also heard (last year) that Tendre Poison will be discontinued.
    Very disappointing indeed