Code of Conduct

Default Dior's Fahrenheit 32 review

Fahrenheit 32 - This is perhaps the best Dior's men fragrance ever. Its an oriental, closer to Dior's Homme than Fahrenheit. There seems to be a trend these days to convert fresh fragrance to oriental. F32 has absolutely nothing in common with Fahrenheit - should have been a "Homme 32". Theres none of that leather/diesel oil smell associated with Fahrenheit.

It begins with very common topnotes similar to Allure/Obsession, it also reminded me of Arber from Bodyshop. It eventually drydown to a more pleasing scent which somewhat resemble Armani's Code. Both have a woody vanilla drydown. I have no doubt Dior tried to emulate the success of Code with F32. Its a very simple, understated but elegant oriental that is smooth and easy to wear. Sweet but not too sweet, has hint of freshness - to contrast the stuffiness of oriental notes.

I think this is what Dior's Homme should've been, its not as cloying - less powdery and therefore more masculine. It has a smoky sweetness like L'Artisan's Tea for two. The longevity is good, 6 hours after applying and I can still smell it distinctly. Its not a 'close-to-skin' scent, the fragrance projects vividly. I give it 8/10.

Now, if only Dior can make a 64 bit version of Fahrenheit?

Default Re: Dior's Fahrenheit 32 review

Lovely review. Awaiting anxiously based on your comments. Thank you for taking the time to capture the essence of this new fragrance.

Basenotes Institution

Longtime fan of the original Fahrenheit here...

WOW you say F32 is the 'best Dior mens fragrance ever' - strong words. My curiosity is piqued.

I didn't like Dior Homme (I really wanted to like it, but I didn't), however Eau Noire is my fav Dior scent (nothing out there quite like it).

I see you didn't mention the neroli/orange blossom like other reviews I've heard of F32...did you 'get' any neroli/orange blossom notes? This note can be handled badly (Fleur de Male) or wonderfully (L' Occitane Neroli), so when I heard F32 had it, I was crossing my fingers...

If you tried F32 without knowing the notes, you won't be expecting Neroli. When I first I tried it, I got rude shock - as its nothing like Fahrenheit. Although theres a distinct floral note in there, I didn't associate it with Neroli or honeysuckle. It actually reminded me of Homme, the perfume is constructed in a very Dior manner - very classy smell.

Don't worry, its better than Homme, but taste is subjective - test before you buy!

thanX for your review... i really have high expectations about the new Dior, but im worry about if could be heavy in warm weather.... this spring/summer will be very hot in my city..

what do u think ?

I don't get any orange blossom, or fresh notes. I get a sharp "prickly" (lavender? a la Gris Clair?) topnote followed by a warm smooth oriental base. I did, however, pick up a hint of the petrol accord in the middle.
    Top 10 (not in order): Dunhill 1934, Dunhill Edition, Terre d'Hermes, Rive Gauche, Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver, Knize Ten, Bois du Portugal, Vintage Tabarome, Green Irish Tweed

Summer Rotation: GIT, Aventus, Erolfa, Vetiver 1948, Guerlain Vetiver, Malle VE, Terre d'Hermes, Bvlgari PH, Bvlgari Acqua, Habit Rouge EDC and Sport, ADP Colonia Assoluta, Chanel PMC, Dunhill Edition, Eau Sauvage, TF Azure Lime

Is Fahrenheit 32 called Fahrenheit Summer in Europe?Its the only new fahrenheit I can get here.Do you know if this is the same scent?

Thanks

Nope, Fahrenheit 32 is a new one that just came out.

I just couldn't wait any longer....
    I picked this up yesterday off of ebay from someone in Europe....I think he still has some left.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LAPARFUMERIEDUNET

It's not so special to my mind

Dior Homme is much much better

How does it smell?

As the main trend - correct, nice, a bit daring (just a bit)

if you mix these you will get the idea how Fahrenheit 32 smell:
    SL CHERGUI
    YSL L'HOMME

nothing in common with original Fahrenheit. just the concept from adv: space, feeling of universe

I will not buy this one
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Hm, maybe this one is strongly skin dependent. For me it's too sweet. It does smell a bit like Code, but a quite out of balance version of it, just too sweet (not an interesting sweetness, just sugary vanilly sweet without any real counterpoint) with a bit of arbitrary freshness added. Somehow it doesn't feel right.
    Last edited by fakepurseninja; 12th April 2007 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fakepurseninja View Post
    Hm, maybe this one is strongly skin dependent. For me it's too sweet. It does smell a bit like Code, but a quite out of balance version of it, just too sweet (not an interesting sweetness, just sugary vanilly sweet without any real counterpoint) with a bit of arbitrary freshness added. Somehow it doesn't feel right.
    Personally I prefer F32, Code has a very irritating bug-spray smell in the topnotes. On the drydown, both have the same character - F32 is a bit more complex with floral notes dancing around; Code is more still and minimalistic.
    --------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post
    thanX for your review... i really have high expectations about the new Dior, but im worry about if could be heavy in warm weather.... this spring/summer will be very hot in my city..

what do u think ?
    I think F32 is more of a Fall/Autumn scent. Probably its ok for summer evening.
    Last edited by eau_de_amour; 13th April 2007 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

smelled it and sprayed on myself today again

it's very synthetic. no, it will never reach the level of dior homme. Dior Homme is a work of art.
    Fahrenheit 32 is commerce
    Last edited by DreamerII; 13th April 2007 at 03:56 PM.
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) Frederic Malle 1-20 2) Chanel Egoiste 3) YSL Opium pour Homme edp 4) TF Noir de Noir

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel

Quote Originally Posted by DreamerII View Post
    smelled it and sprayed on myself today again

it's very synthetic. no, it will never reach the level of dior homme. Dior Homme is a work of art.
    Fahrenheit 32 is commerce
    I couldn't agree more. It smells like the whole bunch of mass market fragrances like Boss, CK and all the rest you can smell in every club or bar. Very uninspired.

Dior Homme may not be to everyones liking, but still, it is well constructed fragrance that brought new ideas to the male fragrances market. (well, it smells like a masculine version of Flowerbomb, but why not).

Default Even the bottle´s a cheapo...

Was EXTREMELY unimpressed with this one. Synthetic, vile and very cloying. Cloying to the point of nauseating actually.

This launch just continues the growing trend of "dual" markets for the big brands. Dior have their 3 upscale colognes (and to a certain extent Homme), Guerlain their L'Art et la Matiere series, Chanel their Rue Cambon, Hermès their Hermenessences - the list goes on. Practically this means we now have to pay about 3 times more for the same quality that was standard issue during the 80`s while the conglomerates squeeze every penny
    out of each aquired franchise with their "special editions" and summer versions that seldomly even make it to next year. It´s simple mathematics - increased frequency to spark short term purchase and boosting the sale figures for the share holders. Unfortunately all kinds of new sub-par "niche" houses have popped up as well recently capitalizing on peoples quest for the genuine. Fancy packaging and claims (hardly controllable) of all natural ingredients hardly justifies the prices asked by for instance Profumum. IMHO you earn your respect, by decades of quality output. Sadly many lose it much faster in the race for quick bucks today.

Our hope is with Caron!

/mmm

ps. Sorry for the negativity - it´s just disheartening the way this business is developing.
    Am looking forward to VIW, a Creed spin on cocnut should be great for summer!. ds

Default Re: Even the bottle´s a cheapo...

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt View Post
    Unfortunately all kinds of new sub-par "niche" houses have popped up as well recently capitalizing on peoples quest for the genuine. Fancy packaging and claims (hardly controllable) of all natural ingredients hardly justifies the prices asked by for instance Profumum. IMHO you earn your respect, by decades of quality output. Sadly many lose it much faster in the race for quick bucks today.
    Very true. Its seems like almost every other week there is a new "niche" house initiated to capitalize on the naturals-are-good-for-you or the higher-priced-is-superior angle. I predict that by 2012 the total output of all the niche houses will be more than the designer houses simply because there will be a lot of niche houses around by that time. Infact, some niche houses like Bond no. 9 release upto 4 permanent line fragrances per year (which is pretty crazy) - formed a mere 4 years ago, Bond no 9's catalog has already ballooned to almost 30 fragrances !
    -

I can imagine why some consider this to smell synthetic but I like it, uninspired? not to me.
    It's a totally differend fragrance than Dior Homme , I agree, but why compare apples with pears?
    I get the idea of the color "white" in the visual. It's smells white ,pure and fresh, but still a bit differend.
    Just my 2 cents. Don't shoot me yet, I like Dior Homme too.
    Last edited by eric; 13th April 2007 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I can imagine why some consider this to smell synthetic but I like it, uninspired? not to me.
    It's a totally differend fragrance than Dior Homme , I agree, but why compare apples with pears?
    I get the idea of the color "white" in the visual. It's smells white ,pure and fresh, but still a bit differend.
    Just my 2 cents. Don't shoot me yet, I like Dior Homme too.
    Hi Eric,

Any resemblance to Fleur du Male?

Red face Re: Dior's Fahrenheit 32 review

Quote Originally Posted by omniray View Post

what do u think ?
    ERM!
    Its been available here in Spain or more than a month is the market, soI tryed it in cold conditions when was rainy and cold, and then was warm hot and humid.
    Now:
    I should say it not a day by dat wearing fragrace. I think is more for night time.
    Def. it is quite heavy in very warm conditions.

Maybe a silly example but it could help you to figure it out!:
    When Leue Blue went off here, was 2004 June. It was very hot and sticky.
    I smelledit, and I was horrified, too powerfull, dark medicinal herbal and strong. But there was something on it very complex that appeal me.
    So I give it a chance in autum and I find it delicous. I curently used through the year day or night, but I struggle in summer, I can only wear it in summer night, no way during the days when we reached the 40 degrees here in Madrid!.
    F32 have the same soul of Leue Bleue, powerfull, strong, medicinal, herbal, oriental but i fresh way.
    Give it a try before buy it, and I hope this info coul be helpfull.
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

I'm with fakepurseninja and MonkeyManMatt on this one. Was given a sample of it last week (and I'm surprised at the question from my fellow countryman above - they're giving this stuff out at Douglas if you so much as casually pass by one of their shops).

Dreadful syntheticky vanilla with this undefined "freshness" over it - as if someone clumsily pasted together the base of Le Male with the top of L'eau d'Issey or something. Or maybe it's a bit like Antidote, with all the character (woods) carefully drained out.

old woman meets the dior homme man the hedi created
    amazing bottle...
    very fresh
    my new floral fave....of course...next to THE Dior Homme
    i wouldn't say that the two fahrenheits are very comprable...

anyone think Kris Van Ache will create new scents for dior?
    wishlist:
    Chanel - Cuire de Ruissie and Eau de Cologne
    Penhaligons - Quercus, Castille, and Raquets
    Dior -Eau Noire, Dior Homme Cologne, Dior Homme Intense, and Dior Sweet Sun
    Frédéric Malle - Angelique sous la pluie and Eau d'Hiver
    L'Artisan - l'eau de l'artisan and bois farine
    Hermès - Elixir des Merveilles, Jardin sur Nil, and Hermessence Confret.

I think them fellowes at CD have succeeded in splitting opinion as the original Fahrenheit does. Bottle design betrays the fragrance though. Certainly not pure as the container suggests.

Wow...This is some nasty juice.

Syntheitc, cloying and commercial. It's a disgrace to the name of the original Farenheit!

Ok, revival because I need advice.

Today I smelled this one for the first time, and it was really good, but I see lot's of negative and short longetivity..

Anyone recently tried or bought it?
    unico grande amore.

I just acquired a small bottle of Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly (in exchange for a men's Avon frag I couldn't wear), and I'm wondering how it compares to Dior Homme. It's definitely unisex by today's standards, and it's not very strong compared to the "women's" frags I have.

Methinks you'd be better off with Rochas Lui...
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I had F-32 and recently sold it after not wearing it for months on end. It initially appealed to me when I liked all things vanilla, but as my taste evolved I couldn't stand F32 anymore. It was essentially neroli, vanilla, and mint with an eventual bit of vetiver in the drydown. I found it to be too sweet and cloying - synthetic to the extreme - plus something about the addition of fruit in vanilla didn't work here. Although I realize the post that started this thread is very old, the notion that F32 is better than Dior Homme or 'the best Dior Masculine' is beyond sacrilegious when you consider that Bois d'Argent, Fahrenheit, Dior Homme, and Eau Sauvage are some of the other Dior masculines.

If you're looking for fresher version of Fahrenheit, Fahrenheit Summer is the way to go. Although it's getting tougher to find it just so happens that if you click on my sale thread link you may find one there.. hint hint. I found a deal on a second bottle that was too good to pass up, but I doubt I'll ever use up my first bottle.

While on the subject - can anyone comment on whether there's any difference between Fahrenheit 0 and Fahrenheit Summer? This always bothered me, but not enough to pay to find out. Thanks.

F32 is just weird. It smells like Dior lopped off the top notes of their own "Higher" (synthetic, bright, pear-y fresh) and grafted them on to a cheap vanilla base. The resulting mix is confused, thin, and harsh... and just plain weird.

That said, it certainly is distinctive... and no one else seems to be wearing it. So it's certainly an option if you want to smell unique... until reality and the sheer unpleasantness of the smell sets in and this nasty frosty little bottle is deservedly banished to the back of one's closet.

I would never in a million years compare this confused, bipolar frankenstein juice to Dior Homme, which by contrast is velvety, rounded and fantastically blended... in short, a study in equilibrium.

IMO Fahrenheit 32 would be more suited as a massage oil than a fragrance, because in all honesty thats what it smells like to me!
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

ah.. thanks for clearing my mind, it's a no to F32.. haha
    unico grande amore.

If you like it, wear it. Don't let others' opinions sway your own.

I find F32 interesting. I'm one of those who really detects the original Fahrenheit in the drydown of F32. It's like a softened version of the original with a sharp orange blossom with hints of melon added to the top, and a healthy dose of vanilla injected as well.

That being said, the weird sweet/bitter combination of the vanilla and vetiver just doesn't work to my nose. It's an interesting scent though, and has more depth to it than I initially thought.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    If you like it, wear it. Don't let others' opinions sway your own.

I find F32 interesting. I'm one of those who really detects the original Fahrenheit in the drydown of F32. It's like a softened version of the original with a sharp orange blossom with hints of melon added to the top, and a healthy dose of vanilla injected as well.

That being said, the weird sweet/bitter combination of the vanilla and vetiver just doesn't work to my nose. It's an interesting scent though, and has more depth to it than I initially thought.
    Well, I don't really get manipulated by others, but it was to know what people think of it. I've never smelled F32 of F itself, so just an enquery.
    unico grande amore.

As much as I find the original Fahrenheit unwearable these days, it was at least something very different when it was released. F32 exists in a very narrow strata of accords along with about 80% of the new releases. It is almost impossible to tell some of these apart. I would have had more respect for F32 if it had tried to be different and failed. This was a lazy attempt by Dior

It's a good scent and I tend to use it once in a while, but mostly during summer and on informal occasions.

I found this scent to be the most interesting from Dior for men in a years - the blend of vetiver and vanilla is really different -

Morning Star

I really like Dior Fahrenheit 32. It's one of the only designer scents that I do not currently own but would consider buying. I actually prefer it to Dior Homme, of which I already own a bottle.

As a huge fan of the original F, I am happy with this one as well, it's well done and has nice ingredients, but i think the name is just capitalizing on the success of the original, not only that, 32F is supposed to be rather cold, and this scent isn't.
    Apart from that, i think it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    IMO Fahrenheit 32 would be more suited as a massage oil than a fragrance, because in all honesty thats what it smells like to me!
    Now that is an interesting point. I agree that it smells like a massage oil, but I do not think it is that bad at all.
    Shameless Plug: Sales thread with Roses Musk, Rose Poivree, and others.
    Looking for lot of samples of female fragrances.

Really? I thought the original (redbottle) is for night use and autumn season. Cause if the original on hot summer days the scent is to brutal especially with sweat on you body. So i would use the original in the evening when it would be cooler and F32 in the day.

I don't see how some say 32 is short lived on the skin - ?

I get mega sillage and longevity from this scent = to Le Male

Gave it a quick try at a big department store lately. I thought "ok, not great." This thread has piqued my interest again. Thanks, basenotes!

I wonder if a frag like this is made for guys who haven't had much experience with these kinds of frags (or any, really), because it is strong but boring. There are so many other ones that I'd rather wear, and if I wore this one for an hour or so, I'd probably be thinking about how much better several other frags are (including "women's" ones, which most guys wouldn't think about wearing).