Code of Conduct

Default Vanille Peach for Guys?

I was surfing around the basenotes directory and saw perfect score for something called Vanille Peach. I was listed as unisex in the directory, but elsewhere it is called perfume. I
    was wondering if any of the guys out there have any thoughts on this stuff? I believe that
    it is discontinued, so I thought it would be cool to own it anyway, even if it meant passing
    it off to my wife or my 15 year old stepdaughter, who is starting to enjoy fragrance herself.
    Anyway, who doesn't love the smell of a fresh peach! Sounds like a cool frag for summer!

Default Re: Vanille Peach for Guys?

It's made, or was made, by Comptoir Sud Pacifique. I think it's still available at fragrancenet.com. Vanille Abricot (vanilla apricot) is their best-selling vanilla. I have it and get compliments when I wear it. People say I smell like cake, so take that for what it's worth.

I have a 100ml bottle of Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanilla Peach. I am not sure if this is what you are talking about. I find it to be very sweet, but pleasant.

Yeah, that's the one! Is this the "Holy Grail" peach scent? I don't really think I have anything in my collection right now that screams "I'm a Peach!" Of course, I hope that the other notes in this one will give it something special to my nose and of course
    those around me.

I have trouble with peach notes - the just smell so distinctly feminine. However, Diam Blond by Lutens is something that I wear around occasionally. It's a rich, fairly sweet blend of leather, apricot/peach, and a buttery iris/floral note that I really like.
    I haven't tried the Vanilla Peach you are talking about - those Comptoir Sud Pacifique fragrances are all so sweet that I pretty much gave up on them after trying a few. I like vanilla, but most of that line just overdoes it a bit for me. I will admit to being really sensitive to that particular note though...
    I bet you could find a sample, and I would love to hear if it becomes your holy grail.

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Well guys, here's what's up. I was outbid on my Vanille Peach auction. I'm also getting nervous about this one anyway, because it is listed as a perfume, or best case scenario, a unisex frag. So I looked at my other options for peach notes, and see Canali Black
    Diamond mentioned. This one got mixed reviews, and some seemed to think that Summer Nights was better, so for now, I have
    ordered a sample of Canali Summer Nights, even though this one has no mentionable Peach notes. I wonder if all Basenoters have such strange logic when it comes to blind buys and sample purchasing?

I'd recommend that you give Vanille Abricot a try.

There's always Mitsouko.
    I don't think it's any less masculine that the others mentioned.

Creed Royal Water. Really, pretty good stuff. Make sure you get a fresh bottle. It's pleasantly refined, kind of sweet, sharp and sparkly, and there's a fleeting peach note up front. The smell reminds me of the scent of a good department store, right when you open the door and walk in to the fragrance department. Give it a sample, at least.

A man can pull off Bond no. 9 Chinatown in fall, but most would prefer Mitsouko.
    -

My first thought on seeing vanilla+peach was Mitsouko. How masculine it is, I'm not sure.
    As was said, Serge Daim Blond is interesting. Leather plus (I thought it was apricot?)

I would in general thing "peach" is sort of more on the "feminine" side. This could be an opportunity to layer to make it more "manly". like say add Tuscan Leather

oh, also I believe Tresor? has some peach in there too.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 2nd March 2010 at 04:06 AM.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Try Mitsouko (peach chypre--the greatest of all classic chypres) and Coco (a peachy oriental rose). I prefer the edp version of both.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

I've got it! Peau de Peche. It's reviewed here in the frag directory.

Sur la Plage

Mitsuoko is way more masculine than Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanilla Peach - regardless of how it is marketed or labeled.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I did some more research on the whole peach thing, and heard someone mention something called Lancetti via Condotti Pour Homme.
    I don't see any reviews in the directory, or even see a note pyramid, so I was iffy, however, on an impulse, I ordered a bottle off
    of ebay. Hope it doesn't disappoint!