Code of Conduct

Default Is there a niche/uncommon cologne that smells like this...?

I was looking for something perhaps citrus (bergamot perhaps, doesnt really make too much of a difference though... avoiding a sour edge) & floral (maybe jasmine?)... or anything really similar to that description. I've smelled it before in more mainstream colognes but I do hate wearing some of the common scents out there.

I've smelled other fruit scents like blackcurrant and did not enjoy it. I've really grown to like a few of the notes in a more mainstream cologne: The One by Dolce & Gabbana. I love the Orange Blossom and grapefruit notes...

What do you all think?

Default Re: Is there a niche/uncommon cologne that smells like this...?

Citrus and florals? One of the Acqua di Parma Colonias, Citrus Paradisi or Royal Water may be what you are looking for. But these are very different from The One, which I'm smelling right now. I really wouldn't know what to recommend as a high-end The One. I can say that if you like The One but want it without the wood and with the fruit punched up, then Adventure Amazonia is pretty good for that. It's not niche but it's not common either.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 6th March 2010 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Citrus and florals? One of the Acua di Parma Colonias, Citrus Paradisi or Royal Water may be what you are looking for. But these are very different from The One.
    Without a doubt, and I'm by no means in love with The One or looking for something very similar, just thought as a beginner I could give a couple notes from it to indicate my preference. I will sample the above, definitely. Thank you!

Ah, and another mainstream with some notes i liked was Very Sexy for Him... but again, prefer not wear something that every guy and his brother owns.

EDIT: I like the floral with just a hint of citrus/fruit... refreshing, sweet, not overpowering (in my opinion).
    Last edited by warrior504th; 6th March 2010 at 04:30 AM.

what about cristalle?
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

If you want a "super cheapo," see if you can sample Adidas Team Force, at places like Sears.

For a heavenly floral with just a hint of citrus, I recommend Amoureuse, especially if you're looking for something unusual and classy. Tangerine, cardamon, tuberose, moss, and a subtle, very naturally green quality.

If you don't mind aquatic notes, try Bergamotto Marino. It's not niche, but I don't think it's common.

The Different Company's Divine Bergamote should fit the bill. Bergamot, neroli, with woody base and the slightest hint of a ginger-type spice note.

Another that might be worth trying is CdG Citrico which is a nice, clean, refreshing cologne; I just wish it had the staying power of its stablemate, Vettiveru.

Yuzu Rouge is citrus, tea and rose that is a perfect scent for summer.

Yuzu ab Irato by Perfumerie Generale is a yuzu based fragrance with spearmint, rosemary, thyme and a touch of white florals that is pretty stunning, especially when applied a little on the heavy side as this makes the floral notes a litlle more pronounced.
    Last edited by surreality; 6th March 2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Seek not the favor of the multitude; it is seldom got by honest and lawful means. But seek the testimony of few; and number not voices, but weigh them. - Immanuel Kant

Two niche frags immediately come to my mind: Creed's Royal Water and Le Vainqeur by Rance

Quote Originally Posted by zliang View Post
    If you don't mind aquatic notes, try Bergamotto Marino. It's not niche, but I don't think it's common.
    This is a worthwhile rec, but I find it more powdery and floral than citrusy or aquatic. Well at least, my bottle smells that way - I'm pretty surprised it doesn't smell like an EdC at all....

Anyway, I would recommend Bergamot 22 - it's a citrusy floral with a crisp and piercing woody basenote that reminds me of Light Blue for women.

Reflection Man may be worth considering. The citrus element is elegant although rather subdued (although there is a nice neroli/orange blossom note), and then it transitions into a wonderful jasmine/orris combo. One of the best jasmine oriented scents for men, imo.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 6th March 2010 at 10:01 PM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more