Code of Conduct

Thread: Tea Fragrances

Basenotes Plus

Default Tea Fragrances

I love tea, my favourites are Earl Grey, Darjeeling and Rose. I want to find a nice tea prominent fragrance and would love some suggestions. I know that Bvlgari are supposed to have done some good tea fragrances so I will put them on my test list. I think I'm looking more for black tea than green tea.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Eva Pasco

Default Re: Tea Fragrances

I'm assuming you've tried Elizabeth Arden Green Tea...

Costume National Scent Intense is worth trying.

Basenotes Plus

I haven't I'm afraid. I didn't know it existed....

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

CdG Series 1, Leaves: Tea. That must be a close call.
    Last edited by musse; 6th March 2010 at 02:44 PM.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Several Parfum d'Empire fragrances have tea--two that I definitely know about are Osmanthus Inderdite and Ambre Russe.

Others to consider--Hermes Osmanthe Yunnan and TDC Osmanthus (I don't think tea is listed, but it definitely has something which evokes tea to me).
    Last edited by Asha; 6th March 2010 at 02:49 PM.

I'll second Musse's suggestion re: CdG's Tea. Also, CSP Ecume de The, and the difficult-to-find CSP The Eau de Parfum. For my Earl Grey fix, I like TDC Bergamote.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Guerlain Tokyo and Dior Escale a Pondechery
    Evenstar

L'Occitane's Green Tea and Bergamot Tea are great tea scents, in solid or liquid.

Basenotes Plus

cbihateperfume's Russian Caravan http://www.cbihateperfume.com/russian-caravan-tea.html
    and Ava Luxes' THE Noir are just what you are looking for IMO. (For black tea scents, that is.) http://www.etsy.com/shop/AvaPerfumes?section_id=6304637 She's closed until the end of March but The Perfumed Court probably has samples.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Plus

Libertine, I hope you try the Bvlgari The Rouge. Of the three Bvlgari's it's my fave because IMO it has more depth than the other two. It's still pretty light, in terms of longevity. I also like to layer it with soliflor Rose scents.

PM me if you would like a sample of Dior Escale a Pondechery.

Have you tried L'Artisan Tea for Two?

I am currently nuts about "Route du Thé Homme" by Barneys of New York.
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 6th March 2010 at 06:29 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I have tried Tea for Two and found it too smokey and sickly for me. I'll make sure I try the Bvlgari The Rouge, just reading reviews on it and it sounds good.

Thanks for the offer of the sample but I wont trouble you with sending it all the way over here

Tommy Girl. As a fellow tea lover I can attest to its deliciousness. I suppose it does fall more on the green tea end of the spectrum, but I urge you to sniff it at some point (if you haven't already).

What of Annick Goutal's Duel? This has a nice iris/leather/tea scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Bvlgari-Au The blanc and ...E.Arden- Green tea.

...and Au The Vert, but it's a bit more masculine (I still like it!)- it lasts more than The Blanc and Green Tea

than there's Omnia Cristallyne. A bit more cistrusy and, yes, cristallyne... but it lasts quite little on most people's skin. It still has more lasting power than the oh-so-famous Light Blue though, just to get a clear term of comparison.

Well now... teas vary a loooot. But stick your nose in Bvlgari scents, they really cover a multitude of teas, just go in a shop and test every Bvlgari perfume they have, or get samples to test them, when it comes to teas, nothing beats Bvlgari.

Just an opinion...

Best regards!

P.S.-and yes, one more vote for osmanthus interdite, here! enjoy!
    Last edited by w3pearl; 7th March 2010 at 12:35 AM.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

Tea for Two too smokey?! I think it's absolutely perfect, and well balanced in all aspects. Give it a re-visit if you have the time.

Bvlgari The Rouge is a nice alternative as you mentioned, don't listen to LT's review where he says something about it being a cheap tea you get in your local diner or something like that, it's quite a nice skin scent. Very milky, and you won't be bothered by any smokeyness.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    I have tried Tea for Two and found it too smokey and sickly for me. I'll make sure I try the Bvlgari The Rouge, just reading reviews on it and it sounds good.

Thanks for the offer of the sample but I wont trouble you with sending it all the way over here
    You are welcome. I must admit I read your address so quickly, my old eyes saw Keys (Florida), not Keynes (UK) My bad.

Un profumo affettuoso

Demeter have some "original reproductions" of tea-scent in their range, notably Early Grey Tea.
    Thé pour un été... also a nice tea-scent.
    Forgot who made it.. L'Artisan?

Bulgari Thé rouge isn't bad, but doesn't last long and has a very milky touch to it... - as if you drank your tea with milk (do you?). I personally don't drink tea with milk...

Serge Lutens does "5 o'clock tea au gingembre" - spicy ginger tea... - maybe worth trying?

Like knit at nite, my favorite is Bulgari's Au The' Rouge! I also love Tea For Two - and yes, it is quite smokey. L'Artisan's The' Pour Un Ete is light and lovely - but I personally get a more prominent jasmine from it than 'tea' perse'.

Where oh where is Tang??? She is the "queen of tea"!

Quote Originally Posted by darkdreams View Post
    Costume National Scent Intense is worth trying.
    Costume National Scent Intense is worth buying.