Code of Conduct

Default Borneo 1834 Bell Jar

I have a friend in France who will be visiting next month, and I'm thinking of asking her to bring a bell jar of Borneo 1834 over for me. I've seen photos of 1834 bell jars with beautiful line drawing artwork reminiscent of Indonesian shadow puppets, but when I visited the Salon Shiseido website, the photo of 1834 showed the simple SL bell jar sans artwork. Does anyone know if the bell jar with the artwork is still available or was it a limited edition?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Blog Entries

Default Re: Borneo 1834 Bell Jar

Those art work bell jars, if available, would cost you an arm and a leg. I remember them being quite a bit pricier than regular ones.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    Those art work bell jars, if available, would cost you an arm and a leg. I remember them being quite a bit pricier than regular ones.
    Yeah, those cost €750.

Quote Originally Posted by NEoTY26 View Post
    Yeah, those cost 750.
    OUCH!!!
    Oh well, I suppose a standard bell jar will do....

By the way, is Borneo 1834 the only SL fragrance that is offered in a limited edition (read: obscenely expensive) bell jar?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snafoo View Post
    OUCH!!!
    Oh well, I suppose a standard bell jar will do....

By the way, is Borneo 1834 the only SL fragrance that is offered in a limited edition (read: obscenely expensive) bell jar?
    Nope, every new release has these special bottles. They are pretty rare, as they only make 10-20 of them. (maybe one of our other SL residents can correct me on that number?)

One of my favorites is the Mandarine-Mandarin one with the contrast of blue & orange.
    Last edited by teger; 7th March 2010 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks for the info, NEoTY26. And that bottle of Mandarine-Mandarin looks gorgeous!

something to consider also... you might be able to still source a Borneo 50ml export bottle somewhere here in the states. I'm not sure how hard they are to find, but I know that's how I've got mine.

That way, you could have one of those resolutely Paris-only scents brought back in bell jar (I know for one I've deleted all emails from the Paris personal shopper informing me that she could send me Rose de Nuit...)

They actually go for 850 euros and are limited to 30 bottles! The last time I was in Palais Royale, they had several of the "sold" bottles on display; ALL are stunning. Every SL, export and non-export has been made into an exclusive edition. The bottles themselves are standard bottles, just decorated and painted (sometimes with gold paint), or an etched pattern into the bottle. Last time I was there, they had several bottles of Sarrasins and El Attarine; didn't even bother asking about the others. But seriously...850 euros?!!?!?!