Code of Conduct

Default SOTD Sunday 7 March-10

Good morning allWas suprised to see no sotd thread yet...So I made my own. Today is a very warm day for winther. The snow is all slushy and it's a grey day. For some reason it almost gave me a feeling of spring( even though may would be more realistic). I have a lateshift and wanted something green and fresh today,so sotd is L'ombre dans l'eau.

Default SotD Sunday 7 March

I just woke up, and couldn´t see any SotD thread yet...

I´m wearing Creed Fleurissimo (my last drops) today.

Have a sunny Sunday, all.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Default Re: SOTD Sunday 7 March-10

Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Morning Ine!
    Saw we posted the SotD thread at the very same minute!

I´m wearing my very last drops of Fleurissimo (Creed) on this sunny Sunday.
    Last edited by musse; 7th March 2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: typo
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Default Re: SotD Sunday 7 March

For S'n'S - Loukhoum finally wore off and I am able to sink into the richness of...

Discovered this a few years back in the EDT - then Shades noticed my idiot burbling and kindly sent me the even better Extrait.

It's at the rich end of chypre...look at the base: vetiver, oakmoss, patchouli, sandalwood, labdanum. In place of jasmine there's carns which give it a spicy warmth. A bit much for this mild day - but what the hay!!

(You guys have mentioned some things I gotta try...Colony...Azuree...)
    Last edited by TaoLady; 8th March 2010 at 12:52 AM. Reason: The "l" you say....??!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Good morning
    We still have a lot of snow, but the sun is shining
    I'm going to a late shift in my gorgeous Farnesiana.
    Have a nice day
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

I will shortly be driving back to NY in Love's True Bluish Light.

Maroussia by Slava Zaitsev - all fur coat and no knickers, perfect for a quick trip to the supermarket ;)

Top: aldehydes, bergamot, orange blossom and peach
    Mid: heliotrope, jasmine, rose, lily-of-the-valley, orchid, iris, tuberose and ylang-ylang
    Base: amber, benzoin, cedar, civet, musk, sandalwood, tonka bean and vanilla

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Yves Saint-Laurent Body Kouros.

Top notes: Nutmeg, Eucalyptus, Anise
    Middle notes: Incense, Lavender, Carnation, Cinnamom
    Base notes: Benzoin, Caramel, Tonka, Sandal

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Chanel Cuir de Russie edt from a sample

I also put on Balmain Jolie Madame to compare. CdR reminded me of it when I last sampled so we'll see how they stack up next to each other.
    Last edited by Antaeusintheair; 7th March 2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: JM
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Did my taxes earlier; my, was I grumpy (bashing-around-objects-grumpy).
    Needed something to calm me down so I went with CdG Hinoki. Feeling much better now.

Another day in "Y" and another morning of welcome sunshine.
    I am cooking baked ham, dauphinoise potatoes,
    vegetables with parsley sauce, followed
    by summer fruits trifle,for Sunday lunch.
    You are all welcome to stay!

I'm in Versace for Women.

Happy Sunday, everyone.

Eva Pasco

Sunday greetings!

It feels like spring today...my usual, Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia.

May obstacles strewn along your path become stepping stones for your endeavors today...

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Insolence. I was craving something sweet, thick and pillowy and this one ticks all the boxes.

Have a lovely Sunday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

starting out in Chanel no 19, but I feel a calling for something a bit more luscious later in the day....
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Lutens Nuit de Cellophane today - exploring the mild side of SL!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

reine

Sunny and fresh here in Belgium!!! Spring is slowly coming, so I'm wearing Kai Perfume Oil to celebrate...

Kewart, your meal sounds absolutely scrumptious!

I'm still in bed, eating a bag of tortilla chips. And wearing Paul Smith Rose.

Have a lovely Sunday.
    Last edited by soirdelune; 7th March 2010 at 01:50 PM.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

AM: Mitsouko edt
    PM: Madison Soiree by Bond No. 9

Cuir de Lancome

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Old Spice (classic) this morning. Makes me feel like throwing my seabag over my shoulder signing on to a tall ship.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

After six days of Jil Sander Sun (who knew), now in Sensuous. Ditto on the sunny weather these parts, though it's still treacherously cold.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Eau Dynsmisante - Clarins
    Wishlist is pointless.

Kewart, I'll be right over for lunch! Sounds yummy
    I'm wearing Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Ferragamo - light, easy, casual little citrus.

Basenotes Plus

Spritzed some YSL Paris edp on earlier but it gave me a little bit of a headache. So I washed that off & put on Natori body cream and edp. OsMoz classifies Natori as a floral chypre. I wrote a review of it & you can read it here http://www.sniffapaloozamagazine.com/NATORI.html, if you like.
    I'm still craving rose scents. They satisfy me.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Happy Birthday Mira! Hugs and good scents to you!

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing the beautiful Une Rose on this oddly bright and sunny day
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Institution

Feeling sleepy...stayed out too late having fun

Poivre 23 by Le Labo (from a sample - thanks NEoTY26)

Imagine an EdP version of Piper Nigrum by Lorenzo Villoresi, with incense. That's what P23 is like. This is one of the LL scents they should have released in all stores, instead of stupidly making it a London boutique exclusive. It is, along with Scent Two: Laurel by Monocle x CdG and Hermessence Poivre Samarcande, the 1-2-3 punch of peppers that I enjoy immensely.

Later, if I have the energy, I'm gonna wear some chypres - since I missed out for yesterdays SnS.

Blog Entries

Mazzolari - Monforte 2

An ephemeral scent that smells of rosewood.
    I feel very ladylike in this.
    I must float about in something diaphinous
    while wearing a fragrance
    that has such a gentle, sweet presence.

Top notes: lemon, bergamot, orange
    Heart notes: Egyptian jasmine, Turkish rose, nutmeg, cardomom
    Base notes: ambergris, vanilla
    Last edited by kumquat; 7th March 2010 at 04:40 PM.

Shamelessly borrowing Taolady's sotd.....Jacomo Parfum Rare

SotE: PG 10 Aomassai

Evening all,

RHM, you should try my SoTD Baroque from Fragonard. Full of rich, luscious roses!

Notes include Tea Rose, Bergamot, Bulgarian Rose, Ginger, Lignum Vitae, Vanilla, Musk.

Mikeperez, I adore your exquisite taste in pepper! xoxo
    Today, like Baldufita, I'm craving a floral...so it's Lys Mediteranee created by Edouardo Flechier for Frederic Malle.
    Gorgeous, fresh lilies!

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Nanadebary Green. Tra-la-la-la.

Love it when Ubu's avatar and mine stack up. Hers looks so luxurious and classy. Mine looks kinda b1tchy and slouchy.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Today I was wearing Jasmin de Nuit from TDC. Definitely in my top 10! :-)

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SOTD Sunday 7 March-10

Mitsouko EDP.

summer means fireflys

Stretching out SnS one more day ... I'm wearing vintage Diorling, a leather-y chypre that is SO smooth and elegant.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Nanadebary Green. Tra-la-la-la.

Love it when Ubu's avatar and mine stack up. Hers looks so luxurious and classy. Mine looks kinda b1tchy and slouchy.
    Hee hee hee! You made me snort tea again!

Petra, great description of Maroussia! I have a bottle and I like it but couldn't quite put my finger on a description of it, but you've nailed it. You just know I'll end up wearing that one day this week, just to be able to wander around grinning to myself.

Kewart, I am drooling reading your lunch menu. Mmmmmmmmm.

We've been having quiet fun today, enjoying the snow on the ground and the sunny weather, though it's very cold and hopefully we'll have more dumps of the white stuff very soon. (I know a lot of people are tired of winter but I want just a little more snow before springtime comes, please. My skis are pining and need to go to the mountains again.)

I'm carrying on in the chypres in Miss Balmain. This was the breakthrough scent that got me over the oakmoss hump last year. Before I wore it for a day on bare skin, not on fabrics, I'd always dwelled on the bitter, pursed-lips topnotes, but now I know there is a warm heart lying underneath, so I feel more kindly disposed to that prim and rather sniffy first encounter.

Anteus, I feel this (Miss Balmain) is radically different to Cuir de Russie, which I find warm, luxurious and animalic from the get-go. It will be interesting to hear what you think.

Mikey, I shall have to see if I can visit Le Labo when I finally make it to London on my next trip home. If you say you love Poivre 23, I'm likely to appreciate it too. And I'm getting curious about all their scents. Wonder what they'll make of Small in their shop? She's getting very professional now - she makes a bee-line for the touches and starts looking for things to sample. Naturally, being 5 years old and cute as a button (yes, I'm biased), all SAs adore her and she gets given stacks of samples.

Last and most importantly, Happy Birthday Mira! Hope you and Dimi had a great weekend celebrating. x
    Last edited by Wordbird; 7th March 2010 at 07:06 PM.
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

kbe, I looooooove Old Spice, and you're right, it's such a classic. I really should pick some up for DH.

Decided to wear Party in Manhattan today it was a wrong choice. Went to an annoying brunch for my brother's birthday....very pricey restaurant (think $13 for eggs!), along with his narcissistic girlfriend, her mother, and her mother's exboyfriend (nice leather pants and buffed nails). Oh well. I'm also feeling sorry for myself. Our son, who happens to be 2, has preferred his father (DH), except when I'm around and DH isn't, since he was about a year old. Even if he falls down and wants comforting, he wants "papa!" and pushes me away. It breaks my heart. Everyone says it's a phase, but it seems to be lasting forever. I spend loads of time with him....he's not in daycare afterall, so I don't understand. Sorry for complaining, I am grateful to have such a happy healthy boy, I just don't know what i"m doing wrong/?? Maybe it's the perfume :-P
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cello View Post
    Kewart, I'll be right over for lunch! Sounds yummy
    I'm wearing Tuscan Soul by Salvatore Ferragamo - light, easy, casual little citrus.
    I like Tusacan Soul, too! Great unisex frag.

Carrying on with Day 2 of my self declared "week de chypre", which I decided on yesterday, after enjoying the SnS. Don't know if I'll actually make it a whole week, I'm so impulse driven when it comes to my choice of the day. LOL

Today is Ma Griffe, which gets a lot of love here on BN.
    "a crisp green mossy chypre floral parfum with top notes of gardenia, citrus, galbanum and clary sage; heart notes of jasmine and rose on base notes of sandalwood, vetiver, oak moss, benzoin, labdanum, and musk" per PI.

How the scent makers come up with these combinations is a continual revelation!

Kewart, count me in!

Some seriously beautiful photos above today.

Wearing No 5 Eau Premiere today, just cuz.

Have a good Sunday, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Our son, who happens to be 2, has preferred his father (DH), except when I'm around and DH isn't, since he was about a year old. Even if he falls down and wants comforting, he wants "papa!" and pushes me away. It breaks my heart. Everyone says it's a phase, but it seems to be lasting forever. I spend loads of time with him....he's not in daycare afterall, so I don't understand. Sorry for complaining, I am grateful to have such a happy healthy boy, I just don't know what i"m doing wrong/?? Maybe it's the perfume :-P
    Oh, surely you must not be doing anything wrong! Please don't worry about your little boy's preference for Papa. My nephew did the same thing at around the age of four. Up until that point he wanted his mother only. My brother was convinced his son hated him. And then, suddenly, he was the favorite. Your little boy loves you.

(By the way, I am testing The Party in Manhattan today, and while it has grown on me, it did not start off being something I could conceive of wearing ever again.)

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    I spend loads of time with him....he's not in daycare afterall, so I don't understand. Sorry for complaining, I am grateful to have such a happy healthy boy, I just don't know what i"m doing wrong/?? Maybe it's the perfume :-P
    Hi lovethescents. I hope you'll excuse my amateur analysis, but I do have some experience with young ones. I have two of my own (college and highschool age now), at one time I ran a daycare/preschool in my home, and I now teach kindergarten. I think it's quite possible that your son is acting this way 'because' he spends so much time with you. He feels so comfortable with you and knows that you will always be there. Papa, in contrast, goes off to work (I am assuming here, please correct me if needed), so when he comes back he is exciting and different. Your son may be forging his connection with him, trusting that you will always be around. Plus, there is the whole male-bonding thing going on; boys like to emulate their papas, in most cases.

Again, I hope you will forgive the unsolicited input. I just sensed the sadness in your post.

Oh....scent of the day... I am still getting hints of the Coco Mademoiselle I wore out dancing last night. It's my sweetie's favorite and a gift from him. I didn't get home until 2:30 a.m. (risky with my college-age son home and 'supervising' lol). Not sure what to scent myself with when I finally get my lazy booty out of bed.

Put Alahine on this morning and it's still going strong without re-application. (Unheard of for my scent-eating skin) It makes me feel very underdessed as well, slouching around in my sweat pants and vest. I feel as if I should be in formal evening wear !

In addition to testing out The Party in Manhattan, I am testing Nuit de Longchamp and PG Papyrus de Ciane. The Papyrus de Ciane is my least favorite of the three; surprising, because I am an enormous fan of PG scents. But despite its loveliness, the scent seems quite pedestrian -- nothing to set it apart from any other fresh, green cologne-type scent -- and its staying power is practically nil. The Party in Manhattan began with an intense blast of something approaching acetone (or Bestine), but is now becoming soft and very sweet, in a Tabu-like vein. The Nuit de Longchamp had a wonderfully promising beginning -- spices galore -- but is settling into plain old, very nice, but plain old nonetheless, rose.

Have a lovely Sunday all, and take good care.

Happy Birthday Mira.....Hope You're having a Blast!!!
    Bleecker St. by Bond No.9
    Gary

Ava Luxe Roses EDP.

Happy Birthday, Mira! I hope you have a wonderful day and that you get to eat lots of tasty food.

I did a pre-shower spritz of 31, Rue Cambon (thanks, Ubu! ) and now doing a side-by-side with Bois des Iles. Am I the only one who finds these two remarkably similar?

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Aramis 900 tonight. Deeeelightful!

Top Notes
    Lemon, Bergamot, Rosewood.

Middle Notes
    Carnation, Orris, Geranium.

Base Notes
    Moss, Patchouli, Vetiver.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Hi all. OJ Tiare for me today. It's purty, but just not me.

Started out with Bandit... followed this afternoon with Yatagan (the Bandit drydown smooths out the sharpness of the Yatagan) and tonight, more of Michael Storer's Monk (and on top of the drydowns of both Bandit and Yatagan, I can smell the "wet concrete" one reviewer mentioned smelling in Monk.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Aramis 900 tonight. Deeeelightful!

Top Notes
    Lemon, Bergamot, Rosewood.

Middle Notes
    Carnation, Orris, Geranium.

Base Notes
    Moss, Patchouli, Vetiver.
    And I like it too! (to quote an old "Irish Spring" commercial that said it's made for a man but...)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post

Today is Ma Griffe, which gets a lot of love here on BN.
    "a crisp green mossy chypre floral parfum with top notes of gardenia, citrus, galbanum and clary sage; heart notes of jasmine and rose on base notes of sandalwood, vetiver, oak moss, benzoin, labdanum, and musk" per PI.
    I thought from its description that I'd love Ma Griffe, however, the top is too sharp for me (aldehydes?) and the heart overpowered for too long by the top notes which on my skin seem to stay forever, smelling too much like my grandmother's "cheap perfume". Disappointed in that, may try in warmer weather and see if it is different (as I have a vintage and a new.) Otherwise, I may end up putting MG on my first BN sale/swap.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by actiasluna View Post
    And I like it too! (to quote an old "Irish Spring" commercial that said it's made for a man but...)
    Another Aramis 900 female fan here!

Too bad about Ma Griffe, actiasluna! Do try again in warmer weather.

__________________________________________________ _____________

SOTE - Marc Jacobs' Ivy Splash

Today I wore Reminiscence Patchouli Elixir on on arm and Parfumerie Generale L'Ombre Fauve on the other. Not sure what SotN will be yet...could be MKK again.

Basenotes Institution

Aromatics Elixir again ......

A very Happy Birthday to Mira !
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 8th March 2010 at 03:33 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

I wore Angel by Thierry Mugler.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_at_nite View Post
    Another Aramis 900 female fan here!

Too bad about Ma Griffe, actiasluna! Do try again in warmer weather.
    I will definitely do that, as the scent sounds worth the wait.

Going to bed in Serge Lutens Chergui...rather comforting on this cold rainy night.