Code of Conduct

Default Millesime Imperial substitute

Hi guys,

I'm a BIG fan of Creed's MI, however it's longevity is apalling on me and can't justify a
    purchase with such fleeting results.

Is there anything else out there similar in scent which has better longevity?

Default Re: Millesime Imperial substitute

Somewhat similar : Sean John Unforgivable
    Somewhat similar, but more expensive I think : Bond No. 9 Wall Street. The longevity on this one is incredible. Easily 10-12 hours.

PVC and Leather. A Chain and a feather

I found Durbano's Turquoise to be similar to MI. It has the same watermelony-calone-aquatic vibe going, and is cheaper per mL.

I like MI and really dislike Unforgivable. However, you might find it to be exactly what you were looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I like MI and really dislike Unforgivable. However, you might find it to be exactly what you were looking for.
    how can that be if they're so similar, or is it a reputation thing

I dont think there is a Millesime Imperial substitute point blank period....Bond Wall Street smells like green marine cigar water in the best way poss...Millesime Imperial is Musk, Calone and Ambergris.....

how do you get musk from MI? Its whater and citrus, with maybe some whater melon.. worlds most overrated scent!

I liked MI when I first smelt it, but in the end I got Unforgivable the same reason I got Cool Water over GIT. They are just too similar with me not having the budget to get the Creeds.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrone View Post
    I liked MI when I first smelt it, but in the end I got Unforgivable the same reason I got Cool Water over GIT. They are just too similar with me not having the budget to get the Creeds.
    Amen...besides when somebody smells you they won't be able to tell the difference. Obviously I think most people would prefer the more expensive one in this case but it's not wise to spend 3x the amount for something that can be had at a fraction of the cost and still very good at that.

My only grip is that Unforgivable doesn't last as long as I want. I understand MI ahs the same problem, how is the longevity on Wall Street???
    Last edited by MrFragranceReview; 6th March 2010 at 12:00 AM.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    how do you get musk from MI? Its whater and citrus, with maybe some whater melon.. worlds most overrated scent!
    Completely disagree. It's the worlds most UNDERRATED scent. It's considered an entry point for many, but once they move on to bigger and better things they forget about MI. IMO, it's the finest aquatic scent...... ever. To the OP, don't substitute something inferior, because trust me, they ARE inferior. Wall Street, is far more synthetic and green, and Unforgivable, is a pale imitation. Stick with the original, and bring along a decant to reapply.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

If you like strong juniper berry up top and ambergris in the base, you should sample John Sterling. I don't think you will consider it as "natural" smelling as the Creed, though.

Sur la Plage

I would just get the MI.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I haven't tried Wall Street or Unforgivable, but MI is really growing on me. But I can see where OP could have issues with longevity. It's just not very potent on me. But it is quite wonderful. Took me quite awhile to embrace it.

Interesting thing happened to me today, I wore MI as SOTD for probably the 2nd time since buying it and it did something only a couple of fragrances have ever done to me. It didn't die after 3 hours! This must mix with my body chemistry in a way that makes it bloom, as soon as I was outside walking around, in a bank, etc. there was detectable sillage and I applied only 2 sprays, one to front of neck, one to back of neck. This is probably the second time I've ever detected my own sillage and it was still there after about six hours. Not as strong but noticeable. I didnt seem to get olfactory fatigue from this one either.

I really like Sean John's Unforgivable but it literally is completely gone as in "took a shower gone" in 2 hours on me. Total disappointment on that end. I'm really glad MI works for me, I'm pretty fond of the scent and that it stays with me the way a fragrance is supposed to just makes my day. Hope you find something that does the same.

On that note, I'll have to check out Wall Street.
    .Dave J

Wall street is similar, but it has some weird 'carrot' note that puts me off a bit...
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    Completely disagree. It's the worlds most UNDERRATED scent. It's considered an entry point for many, but once they move on to bigger and better things they forget about MI. IMO, it's the finest aquatic scent...... ever. To the OP, don't substitute something inferior, because trust me, they ARE inferior. Wall Street, is far more synthetic and green, and Unforgivable, is a pale imitation. Stick with the original, and bring along a decant to reapply.
    Sorry, but the worlds most underrated scent? you have got to be kidding.... lol!

Agreed. I love M-I, but i can`t hardly detect it on my skin after 1-hour! I am planing to buy a new Creed soon, and I can`t decide if i`m going to pick M-I or Erolfa. I think maby Erolfa is a bit more unique and original, and has better staying-power than M-I. It`s a high price to pay for only 1-2 hours pleasure, so at the existing moment the Erolfa is in the lead!

Go get some JOOP! and some Bulgari Aqua and layer them, go easy on the JOOP!
    J/K, this would probably be terrible. I don't think you can get a MI sub that's any decent. Shame on DIDDY!!

Unforgivable, i thought my partner was wearing MI.

Quote Originally Posted by pkf View Post
    Sorry, but the worlds most underrated scent? you have got to be kidding.... lol!
    Nope not kidding at all. You may not be aware of the natural trends that emerge on these boards, but Creed being an entry point to niche is generally where many newcomers start, and once they've gone past their Creed phase, will generally own keep or care for some of the more respected Creed fragrances. Millesime Imperiale often gets tossed under the bus for being "new", being targeted to a wider customer base, and being highly imitated, but I firmly believe that it doesn't get its share of praise for being as brilliant as it actually is. I actually think it's better and a bigger accomplishment than GIT.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

It is interesting to hear these comments on poor longevity. For me, I can always smell it 12+ hours later. Of course, I am not smelling topnotes, rather the ambergris drydown.

My problem with Millesime Imperial has been degradation of topnotes over time. Not that they go away or become unpleasant, but rather that they have less sparkle than when I first bought it. I have found a remedy of sorts: layering with Tam Dao. It is amazing how this brings the MI to life. I really need to try layering with Santal Imperial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Black View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a BIG fan of Creed's MI, however it's longevity is apalling on me and can't justify a
    purchase with such fleeting results.

Is there anything else out there similar in scent which has better longevity?
    I would suggest you try Montale Boisé Fruité.

you could try unforgivable's body wash and layer it with MI to prolong it

One that hasn't been mentioned is Maxims Orphée. Definite watermelon-sandalwood accord that is similar. My sample might not be fresh, as I get more of it in the drydown than the opening. But the drydown smells a good deal like MI's opening.

^The drydown smells citrusy or sour at all? :0
    Or just the same melon note as in MI ?

Also, afa Montale Bois Fruite,
    I find it to be a mix of SMW and MI, about 85% SMW, and only 15% MI

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ^The drydown smells citrusy or sour at all? :0
    Or just the same melon note as in MI ?

Also, afa Montale Bois Fruite,
    I find it to be a mix of SMW and MI, about 85% SMW, and only 15% MI
    The same melon note.

Agree with you on the Montale as well.

I SWEAR....I'm not making this up...
    I wore MI out to a bar one night and my friends girlfriends were all over me telling me how great I smelled...
    (We're all good friends so it wasn't too awkward...lol) So i purposely wore unforgivable out about 2 weeks later to
    see what they would say....nothing...no comments...nothing at all....just a true story I thought I should put out there.
    I like both but find that there is NO replacement for MI.

Basenotes Plus

I completely agree with mtgprox05. MI is my SotD for today and has barely diminished some 7 hours after application. For me it remains a benchmark for the genre and I could never visualise not having it in my wardrobe.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 8th March 2010 at 11:37 AM.