Code of Conduct

Default Blind buy?: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Garrigue

Cannot seem to find a sample anwhere online at all. I've read a few reviews on Garrigue and it sounds my cup of tea big time! A couple of questions to anyone that's tried it:

Was this scent made with the more mature man in mind, or can it be worn by any age?

How safe a blind buy do you think this is?

Default Re: Blind buy?: Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Garrigue

I'll be interested in the answers to this. To me, a "garrigue" scent should evoke the smells of resinous shrubs and herbs as a warm breeze floats over sun-baked Mediterranean hills. So, is MPG Garrigue that sort of scent? And is it dry and lean, or is it sweet and dense. My preference is for the first sort. But I have the impression that it is the second sort.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I'm interested in this one too, along with Sud Est. However, I recently got a good deal on Miglin's Pheromone for men, so I'm going to see if this one satisfies my desire for a dry frag. Hopefully, I'll receive it this week some time !

I'm not sure it's gonna be your thing Ody. It's perfectly wearable by anyone, it's not age restrictive. I find it in line with something like Chanel Platinum Egoiste. It has a sort of barbershop quality to it, IMO, it's what you'd get if Rive Gauche PH and Platinum Egoiste had a lovechild, then do that all with high quality ingredients.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Garrigue sits comfortably alongside Green Irish Tween & Ciel Man, for me. Picking up from where mgt left off I would describe it as a refined, understated aromatic fougere. It is subtle - no gimmicks, it doesn't shout but it's certainly not bland or generic - it's a class act and very satisfying. It's not overtly herbal, but it's not sweet either. Hard to pin down, really. I think Vibert and foetidius put it well in their reviews.

Now I remember the reviews, and why I lost interest in it (can't deal with the fougere type frag).

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    Garrigue sits comfortably alongside Green Irish Tween & Ciel Man, for me. Picking up from where mgt left off I would describe it as a refined, understated aromatic fougere. It is subtle - no gimmicks, it doesn't shout but it's certainly not bland or generic - it's a class act and very satisfying. It's not overtly herbal, but it's not sweet either. Hard to pin down, really. I think Vibert and foetidius put it well in their reviews.
    It was actually the review by Vibert that really interested me in this frag. I am a big fan of subtle fragrances and I just feel this will hit the spot. Vibert described a "salty" accord, which really interests me too.

Managed to find 5ml for sale, can't wait to recieve it now!