Code of Conduct

Thread: Neroli Alert!

Cool Neroli Alert!

I refer to Castle Forbes Limited (of course) Edition Neroli in EDP.

http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vsho...8&cat=0&page=1

Is the juice that good? It's about $200

Perhaps $60 for PDN's Neroli isn't so bad http://www.beautyhabit.com/cgi-bin/sc/productsearch.cgi

Then again, where to find L'Occitane's discontinued L'Oranger Neroli in EDP?
    If half the stories are true, you could learn French instantly by simply applying one spritz.
    Two and you'd win a mansion in Provence.

*sigh*

Well, as the saying goes,
    When life hands you a lemon--
    Go chew on bitter oranges . . .

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 12th January 2010 at 10:18 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Default Re: Neroli Alert!

I like Neroli alerts...but I haven't tried Castle Forbes Neroli though. I have been impresses by their other products though. Cologne Sologne is decent, but kind of humdrum and mellow. If you haven't already tried some of these, I would get some samples. My favorite nerolis are Czech and Speake Neroli (a pure floral orange blossom with jasmine-like accents pricey but not as pricey as Castle Forbes), Castile (a rose/neroli/musk concoction), or my new favorite Berdoues EV no 444 (dark neroli and light musk only available from a few barbershop sites in France). Best wishes and good luck!

Blog Entries

It's hard to find neroli NOT paired up with petitgrain or orange blossom. I enjoy neroli, but don't care much for orange blossom (and I really dislike petitgrain), so I'm usually screwed when it comes to neroli frags.

My one current neroli savior is Bond No 9 Eau de New York, which pairs it up with that freshly-mowed-lawn vetiver.

But I'm curious now about that Berdoues EV no 444. Neroli & musk?? Like soapy clean white musk? Or skanky musk?
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Well thanks to basenotes for calling my attention to "POUR LE JEUNE HOMME" of MPG I tried to swap for a decant on makeupalley heard nothing back, then today wandered into the sale at Apothia and they had it at 66% percent off, one bottle, so I paid under $40 for 100 ml it is a kid's neroli alright, so sweet you might be sucking a neroli lollipop.

as usual I have to speake out against czeck neroli for having very p-poor longevity...nice while it lasts but not even strong enough at the outset imo and soon gone with the wind

I like this sort of scent. Check out my review of Armani Privé Oranger Alhambra, I think it is a gorgeous scent. Doesn't seem to have attracted much BN comment.
    PS -- having sampled the entire Forbes line a year ago, I sadly was underwhelmed by the lot of them. Didn't try the new neroli one, but I am somewhat skeptical based on past experience.
    Last edited by odysseusm; 14th January 2010 at 12:59 AM.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by asingleman View Post
    Well thanks to basenotes for calling my attention to "POUR LE JEUNE HOMME" of MPG I tried to swap for a decant on makeupalley heard nothing back, then today wandered into the sale at Apothia and they had it at 66% percent off, one bottle, so I paid under $40 for 100 ml it is a kid's neroli alright, so sweet you might be sucking a neroli lollipop.
    *extreme jealousy*

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    It's hard to find neroli NOT paired up with petitgrain or orange blossom. I enjoy neroli, but don't care much for orange blossom (and I really dislike petitgrain), so I'm usually screwed when it comes to neroli frags.

My one current neroli savior is Bond No 9 Eau de New York, which pairs it up with that freshly-mowed-lawn vetiver.

But I'm curious now about that Berdoues EV no 444. Neroli & musk?? Like soapy clean white musk? Or skanky musk?
    Berdoues is only available in France. It has a dark neroli paired with ambrette seed musk. Good life is the expert here.

Castle Forbes Neroli Limited Edition (only 500 bottles made) is an excellent long lasting Neroli. I've been sampling this over the last couple of weeks, but the only thing that put me off buying it is that when I spoke with Andrew French (the perfumer) and also The Gentleman's Shop in the UK, they told me that it has not been produced for the last 2+ years, so any bottles you see that are being sold, are already over 2 years old.
    First in Fragrance have this in stock, but theirs is £141. A few shops in the UK still have the odd one left going for around £95, but there's no way I'd spend money on something that is already that old and if a shop has not kept this away from heat and sunlight, then it may end up smelling quite nasty. For me, it's not worth risking.

Long-time neroli addict here. Love the PdN Cologne Sologne, on me the neroli shouts through the soapier notes. And yes, for $60 it's a winner. The MPG Pour le Jeune Homme was incredible. I say "was" because I suspect it has been ***ed with and reformulated to make it thinner and sweeter. The original had a clear, true neroli note balanced with the zing of rosemary and a mellow sandalwood in the later stages.

Castile gets a lot of love here, and it's on my to buy list. Floris 127 has its fans too, but I don't know how neroli-centered that one is.