Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 8 March

Good morning!

Another day in Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte for me.

Have a marvy Monday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Monday 8 March

Hello everyone ! Hugs all round ! Love you all you know !

Well,my lovely little 15 ml bottle Narcisse Noir extrait arrived today . I had the hardest time getting the darned little black stopper off.

This is even better than I remember. Incense ,incense,incense ,white flower garlands. It's sensual , narcotic. Narcotic is the first word that popped into my head actually, from the first drop I applied.
    I am in love !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

It was a public holiday for me today, so I relaxed at home in some Burberry London.

Basenotes Plus

I'm interviewing potential replacements for my job today so it'll be a busy one. My SptD is Nu EDP. A word of warning do not wear this perfume with anything white, I ruined a White shirt
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Caron Pour Un Homme.

Top Notes: Lavender, Rosemary, Bergamot, Lemon
    Middle Notes: Clary Sage, Rose, Rosewood, Cedarwood
    Base notes: Vanilla, Tonka, Moss, Musk

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Mmmm, smelling good, Petruccijc!

I'm in vintage Rive Gauche today. It's just gorgeous and amazingly *soft*????!!!!
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Today testing Kenzo Flower and Roger and Gallet Eau de lotus bleu.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bond No. 9 Great Jones this AM. Green enough for St. Patties Day.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Ivoire for me this morning - there's a surprise!

Good morning all. I hope your day will be better than my last couple of days have been Having a bit of problems with the bf...and frankly I'm not sure how much longer it will last I just noticed I've been ignoring a couple of birthday kids. HAPPY BELATED to all of you!! Sotd is Musc Ravageur to hopefully make me feel better.

Is it - like - maybe - WARMING UP?????

Will go for....

...just in case.

Cheer up Inees...men are like streetcars. If you miss one, there'll be another along in ten minutes!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Eva Pasco

Good morning to all!

Sticking with Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia.

"All of us are stars and deserve the right to twinkle." Marilyn Monroe

May each of us sparkle in all of our attempts and endeavors...

Ineespennes ~ will join you in Musc Ravageur. Sorry about the bf troubles.
    Happy belated birthday to Mira! xoxo

Hugs to Inees, all ailing hearts, souls, bodies .
    Love you !

Cpngrats, Lovethescents !
    What great news !!!

Happy Birthday, Snafoo ;-0
    Happy Birthday, Mira !
    Hoping RHM feels better soon, poor dear

Couldn't go to work yesterday...
    Problems with swallowing [ golf balls in there !], dizziness, otherissues.
    Chamade for the day, Etro Heliotrope for night.
    Silences today-

Biggest hugs to you dears.
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 8th March 2010 at 11:14 AM.

Basenotes Institution

Chaya,RHM - I hope you feel better soon !
    Happy Birthday Snafoo !!!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Hi Chaya - it's a Sniffa friend new here!

SOTD Blue Grass, for nostalgia today.

reine

Wearing Czech & Speake's Dark Rose from a sample. Enjoyably well behaved, but it's making me impatient for my box of cheap and dirty Arabic perfume oils to arrive!

Basenotes Plus

Good Morning everybody! All of your good wishes have worked because I feel great. (Still have a rock in my back but hey...things could be worse.) I have an appointment with my cute doc this morning and we'll figure out what to do next.

{{{{{Inees}}}}}
    Belated b'day wishes to ecaruthers!
    And Happy Birthday wishes today to Snafoo and Mira!!!!

SOTD is a second try for Paris edp by YSL. This time I sprtized once and on my ankle. It's still strong but I'm not getting a headache. The roses in this are lovely. Here's a list of the notes from this "old" girl (1983) by Sophia Grojsman
    "top notes: Bergamot, Geranium, hawthorn, Hyacinth
    heart note: Mimosa, Rose, Violet, Lily of the valley
    base note: Cedar, Sandal, Heliotrope, Amber"
    Notes are from the OsMoz web site.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Glad you're feeling perkier RHM; hope they can lithotrip you again and get that rock out. In the meantime... rock on?

Ines - Tao's right; it will all work out. It's just sucky while it's all doing the working. Hang in there honey and keep your chin up.

Cha-cha Chaya! What? You couldn't even manage a morsel of cheese or maybe an olive or two? You must be poorly, hon. Hugs to you. I hold your hand through the interweb, and pat it gently. Mwa.

Libertine - that's a hard day you've got in front of you. Chin up and keep the positive things that are coming to you now in mind.

Me? I'm enjoying one of my Magic Mondays: Small is in school ALL DAY on Mondays and I love it. (I know I'm supposed to miss her desperately, but since she's in the new school and is a lot happier and getting her mojo back, I feel I can let out a sigh of relief on Mondays and recharge my batteries.) Today I have read a book, had a nap and spent more than 30 seconds putting on my makeup. I even brushed my hair into something resembling a style. And I'm doing all this while wearing another chypre - one that I claimed was my ultimate nemesis until just a few months ago: Cabochard. It's the new version, so it's weak as water, not the vintage stuff Luca Turin says smelled like seriously dirty underwear. But it has that bitter smack of oakmoss that I have learned to love, and those of you who know me already know of my predeliction for all things leather. It's good. Geez, I really have grown up, huh?

Have a good day all. xxx
    "A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future." Coco Chanel

I'm streamlining my collection http://community.basenotes.net/showt...29#post1219729

Ubar - Amouage
    the temperature drops all of a sudden and I'v picked Yves Saint Laurent Opium Fleur De Shanghai
    Last edited by Coconut; 8th March 2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: adding evening scent

Happy International Women's Day and Mothers' Day for these folks whose countries celebrate!

Almost put on Mimosa pour Moi -- what else rather than Mimosa on this day? -- but opted for Armand Basi In Red instead -- the ultimate non-ozonic spring freshness, tiny sticky buds on the frozen branches and full sun on the slushy dirt. We are finally melting here and had a very hard rain Saturday night -- I came home like a drowned kitten, Mr.T said I should have called.

Happy Birthday, Snafoo!

"...Sweet perfume was your endocrine

When I held your brain in my arms..."

Last edited by Asha; 8th March 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Not that it needs me as a cheerleader today, but in hopes of a big win in today's BMM, I am wearing:

Dior Homme EDT

Cast your vote here!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/247506-BMM10-3-8-Games-25-28-%28Guerlain-Vetiver-Havana-Dior-Homme-and-More!%29

Dragging butt bigtime today. Sleep issues going on 8 days now. I'm not a great sleeper normally, but usually if I have problems, I take a valerian or some passion flower and no big deal. Daniel thinks it might be hormonal-based (as in menopausal?). Thinking I might need a dr appt some time this week.

Didn't check in yesterday, so Sunday stats:
    AM: Boucheron
    PM: OJ Frangipani Absolute

Today:
    AM: Invasion Barbare
    Brought a bottle of Paco Rabanne Metal for this afternoon.

Happy birthday to Snafoo!

and Mira!

Quarry - we're keeping the barn, at least for now. Decided to go with a modular home farther back on the property. Daniel wants to look over all barn options carefully before deciding what we need to do.
    Last edited by Lessa; 8th March 2010 at 01:20 PM.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Today, I'm in By Kilian's "Love", sweet as can be...maybe a bit too much..

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post

Cheer up Inees...men are like streetcars. If you miss one, there'll be another along in ten minutes!!
    Inees - words of wisdom from the fairy scentmother!

--------------------------

Still doing the sample dump. Take sample (about .5 mL) - dump on chest - wear for day.
    Amazing how different some scents smell when worn liberally.

Today - the last of my Le Parfum de Therese. Melons and leather with a hint of clean saliva. I've been nursing this sample trying to determine whether I like this or not. I've come to the conclusion that it is not me - but I am glad it has crossed my path for this short stretch of time.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

This morning I am trying a sample of Escale à Pondichéry by Christian Dior...Black Tea extract, Cardamom essence, Sandalwood essence and Jasmine Sambac absolute. Delish!

Happy Birthday to Snafoo and Mira!!!

More positive vibes to all who need them, the sad part is it seems like the list keeps getting longer.

I think it is going to be amber week and I'm starting with a new one.

Christian Dior Ambre Nuit

In 2004 Christian Dior released, under the aegis of Hedi Slimane, three fragrances that were sold exclusively in their Dior Homme stores. Bois D’Argent, Cologne Blanche, and Eau Noire were three very good fragrances and like Oliver Twist, colognoisseurs wanted “more, please.” Unfortunately M. Slimane left Christian Dior and it seemed this expansion in to niche men’s fragrances would also be gone with him. Now, five years later we find that Christian Dior was going to pick up the ball and add a new fragrance, Ambre Nuit composed by Francois Demachy. As always when something comes back, after the creative inspiration has left, one can have some trepidation at the result. For me I am pleased to say that Ambre Nuit can easily be seen on the shelf with the first three as an equal and not a poor relation.

Ambre Nuit begins with a breath of bergamot and pink pepper. The pepper is only the first spice to come as there is a beautiful mélange of spices in the heart and all of them are combined with a biting spicy rose accord. It isn’t listed but I keep thinking I get a hint of oud deep in the heart of Ambre Nuit and whatever it is makes for an added depth to the heart of Ambre Nuit. The base is a light application of cedar and gaiac. Throughout the development the amber is present; it is soft and rich and keeps this fragrance cohesive and consistent. The omnipresence of the amber can make Ambre Nuit feel almost linear in development and in my first wear of it I thought that might be a problem. Subsequent wears indicate that M. Demachy was after a subtle effect and it is achieved especially with a slightly heavier application that I usually use.

Ambre Nuit has average longevity and modest sillage, it is almost a true skin scent as you have to be very close for another person to detect it.

I am delighted to find Christain Dior back in the men’s fragrance business and I am especially delighted to find they have as much respect for the line as I have. Ambre Nuit does not suffer by comparison to the past.

Have a Mirthful Monday everyone.

Had a few stressful talks today - balanced out by heartwarmingly wonderful words of support from friends.
    Scent was an afterthought: Sensuous again as I threw it in my bag yesterday.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Basenotes Plus

Guerlain Bois d'Armenie

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Nanadebary Green again.
    You know what spring is like? It's like the Earth likes you.
    Hanging out laundry for the first time in 2010 — yes, it’s Laundry Season!

Small's got her mojo working. Now I want that good fortune to spread to all of you like chicken pox.

Lessa, hoping for the best of what's stress-less — maybe sheathing a new modular home with reclaimed barn materials? (BTW, modular or “component construction” provides the best of all worlds, and don't let anyone tell you stick-built can compete. Your fella’s thinking right.)

Snafoo Have a marvy day!

Happy birthday tidings to Mira, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    In 2004 Christian Dior released, under the aegis of Hedi Slimane
    Sounds like a character from Harry Potter.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Happy Monday, and it is indeed for me. A short work week until a week of vacation. Yessssssss!
    Mauboussin by Mauboussin because it is such a happy scent!

Ava Luxe Rasa

Happy Birthday to Snafoo and Mira!

All the green threads heralding spring and the weekend of chypre sniffing got me craving my very first foray into vintage perfumery, Replique by Raphael Paris, for today's SotD. I have both vintage parfum and edt and they are stunning. A perfect green for winter without being "wintergreen" (neither pine nor mint) and although a heavy and warming green a nice choice for the not-quite-spring-yet climate here.

Notes include:
    Top: Bergamot oil, Clary Sage oil, Coriander, Neroli, Orange
    Heart: Clove Bud oil, Jasmin, Orris, Rose, Tuberose, Ylang-Ylang
    Base: Amber, Civet, Leather, Moss, Musk, Patchouli, Vanilla

I get a lush, citrusy, animalic, spicy, barbershop, green, floral, oriental, chypre (yes it's a kitchen sink scent, but not overwhelmingly so) vibe that starts bright and ends dark.

This ad shows the parfum flacon.

Long Lost Perfumes makes a contemporary copy... I haven't smelled it, but the vintage pops up online quite a bit.
    Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Aqua Allegoria Pampelune

Tom Ford White Patchouli

Weeerrrrrrr......too nauseous today.....the only thing I might try to tolerate is a little spritz of Demeter's Gingerale, we'll see how that goes.

Thank you to you lovely people for your logical and supportive words yesterday. You made perfect sense and I'm feeling less upset about the whole favoritism issue. Thank you thank you!!
    Last edited by lovethescents; 8th March 2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Hello everyone -

I didn't get enough of this perfect chypre yesterday, so I'm in Gucci No. 3 again. Love it, hoard it.

Y'all have a great day!

Nuit de Noho for me today. Tomorrow will be a day of high stress at work. I need to choose my fragrance carefully. It must be personally comforting, but also have low sillage. I am thinking of Havana Vanille vs. Natori vs. LTBL... What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    Nuit de Noho for me today. Tomorrow will be a day of high stress at work. I need to choose my fragrance carefully. It must be personally comforting, but also have low sillage. I am thinking of Havana Vanille vs. Natori vs. LTBL... What do you think?
    Natori! Natori! Natori! I think this would be perfect cuz both HV and LTBL can be a bit heavy and sweet if you're feeling stressed. Natori is elegant, comforting, low sillage and wasn't it also a gift from your daughter? Extra points for that :-)
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Blog Entries

Edouard Manet 1880
    Profumum - Aqua Viva
    A perfect scent for a trip to the gym.
    This is as fresh and charming as lemon can get.
    A bright, tangy lemon drop that doesn't give up.
    I feel constantly renewed while wearing this.

Notes: Amalfi lemon, Sicilian broom flower, cypress, cedar
    Last edited by kumquat; 8th March 2010 at 09:40 PM.

Happy Birthday to Snafoo and to Mira!!!

(((Chaya))) I hope you feel better very soon.

Testing Divine L'etre Aime-Femme from a sample today. So far, so good.

Take care, all.

Basenotes Institution

Ooh, everyone smells so GOOD today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SNAFOO!!

Today for me it's:

Michael by Michael Kors

First time from a sample - it's OK. It smells like BurberryLondonBlackWalnutBananaRepublicJohnVarvato sallrolledintoone. Nonetheless, this has insane longevity & sillage. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by lovethescents View Post
    Natori! Natori! Natori! I think this would be perfect cuz both HV and LTBL can be a bit heavy and sweet if you're feeling stressed. Natori is elegant, comforting, low sillage and wasn't it also a gift from your daughter? Extra points for that :-)
    Natori it is then! How sweet that you remembered its extra-points allure! Thanks, Lovethescents.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Poor lovethescents.
    Hope I didn't make things worse by spinning your chair.

(We tease because we're happy for you.)
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wearing 28 la Pausa today.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eva Pasco View Post
    "All of us are stars and deserve the right to twinkle." Marilyn Monroe
    I love this quote, Eva Pasco! Thanks for sharing it.

Happy Birthday to you, Snafoo!!!

I'm testing Balmain Ambre Gris and loving it. I believe it's FBW for me. Thank you for the sample, Arwen_Elf!

Evening all,

looong day at work today, started at 7 am, ending at 7.30 pm. Feeling slightly comatose at the moment.

Still, smelling good in Gucci by Gucci.

Blog Entries

Hi all!

I'm logged in at the library but must hurry back to the house in a moment.

Things are going well. Mom is recovering --she actually started feeling better as soon as Dad was no longer suffering-- and is optimistic about returning to CT with us. We are crazy busy but making good headway in going through the house and setting aside the things she treasures to bring up to her in a UHaul in April.

The biggest change in plans is that we are going to turn the house into a rental instead of selling it.

I'll post again after I return home.

It's been largely a scent free week for me, other than Pacifica Waikiki Pikake. I couldn't bear to associate my favorite perfumes with the turbulence of this trip. But I really do feel that all is going to be well.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

So good to hear 30Roses’ “stress bubble” has burst and pressure is relieved.

Calandre today for me.

Quiet day at work for a change. Wore my sample of Micallef's Aoud Gourmet for the first time and I adore it from first sniff - wonderfull sillage and it's a stayer too. Think this one may have to be a FB.

Hugs to Chaya and Ine! And 30 Roses of course, so good to hear from you. We'll keep thinking of you.

SotD was PG 18 Cadjemere
    Sampled Chanel No 5 EdC (very soft and easy-to-wear-version of No 5) and TDC Bois d'Iris (sweet carrrot juice - in the best way possible) this evening. Thank you so much, Lovethescents!

I'm wearing Ava Luxe No. 23 today. Mmmmm, sandalwood!

After my morning frag faded, I moved on to A La Nuit Serge Lutens...lovely in the sunshine we are having at the moment.

Started with a sample 31 Rue Cambon, afternoon a sample Sycomore, this evening's Kiehl's Orig. Musk. (I swear that is the exact same musk blend as my baby book, my Gran must've had Kiehl's.)

Catching up... 30 Roses, glad that things are less turbulent... you sound like you are well.
    Last edited by actiasluna; 9th March 2010 at 12:35 AM. Reason: addition!
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan