Code of Conduct

Default Green Irish Tweed - Body Wash vs. Millesime

Had the perfume - like many here - for almost a decade now.

Never bought the shower gel.

Those who did get both: is it worth it? What kind of experience/olfactory nuance does the body wash offer compared to the perfume itself?

Thank you.

Default Re: Green Irish Tweed - Body Wash vs. Millesime

Nieman has never had the body wash in stock. But I have tried the bar soap and after shave balm.

While it is hard to justify the price, the soap and balm are top notch, high quality. I would say both help extend the scent a bit if that's your concern. It just adds a little bit to the overall effect. If the gel can double as a shampoo, it might add quite a bit to the scent.

The AS balm is downright opulent. You can feel the quality when it hits your face.

I belong to another forum wherein a few people use the GIT shave soap and they marvel over it as well. (But while the shave soap is infused with the GIT notes, it has little or no lingering scent).

totally!!! I use the gel and the smell of it is almost gourmand. Can you imagine GIT with a thicker caramel note? That is the body wash like. The shower gel has a great "sillage" making it great for summer, have a nice shower and dont wear anything else your skin will smell great for a few hours.
    The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.

I got the body wash for quite cheap on eBay. You can still get a 6.8 oz there for around $40.

Body wash is worth it, IMO, but only for scent purposes. I use it when I want to go out clubbing or something and take a shower before doing so. It's not really a "start your day!" kinda body wash to me.

Layered with the Millesime, it's a force to be reckoned with.

Thank you for your responses so far. I definitely am interested in this if it offers a slightly different (lighter is to be assumed, perhaps fresher?) nuance of the scent. Longevity/strength of the scent is not an issue - the Millesime itself is fully satisfactory.

I was going to ask this today actually.

1) If you buy the body wash from an online store (aside from creed boutique), do they sell the old yellow bottle or the new white one?

2) Which commercial body washes/soaps have a similar smell to green irish tweed?

Another Creed question - I don't want to create a new thread:

"LOT C3309P01" on a Creed bottle - does it mean 2001 or 2009 or else? Pardon my ignorance.

Thank you.

PS I DO know that the "Creed Lot" subject has been discussed before... don't plan to annoy anybody, I'm just wondering if it would be possible for a 2001 Creed MI bottle to be sold by FragranceNet in 2010. It's a 1 ouncer, so the gold bottle criterion doesn't work ( :

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Another Creed question - I don't want to create a new thread:

"LOT C3309P01" on a Creed bottle - does it mean 2001 or 2009 or else? Pardon my ignorance.

Thank you.
    No one (I think) has been able to crack the Creed date code for sure.
    The best explanation that I read here highlighted that the date does not reflect the manufacturing date of the bottle itself but instead represents the harvested year of primary raw materials used in that bottle.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

Speaking of hype and such, how was it possible for Green Irish Tweed to be created in 1985 yet to be Cary Grant's scent? Was the formula taken out of the vault and recreated? Identically or with "modernizing" features? Or is this all a bit of a tall tale? Except for the House of Creed itself, is there any source that would confirm Cary Grant had anything to do with Green irish Tweed?

Mind you, I like the fragrance anyway and in itself, but curiosity eats at the heart of the weak 9-:.

The body wash is outstanding - smells uber rich almost like the fragrance. Does a pretty good job at cleansing as well. The Silver Mountain Water body is as excellent too.
    Last edited by zztopp; 12th March 2010 at 11:17 PM.
    -

I can't answer directly to the GIT wash, but I've had and used SMW and Erolfa body washes so I'll just comment from the standpoint of quality of Creed body washes. Though neither were every great in the "luxurious, lather" type department, they both had a large perfume concentration and really left your skin scented. You might not get a big foamy dose of sodium laurel sulfate, but you will get a very wonderfully scented body wash that certainly will compliment the EDP, or even quench your craving on an evening that you might want to just take a shower with it and only have that as a skin scent.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Thank you all for your knowledgeable answers. You sold me - am going to get the body wash, probably from the boutique - I hardly trust the freshness anywhere else.

By the way, Creed Windsor "lot" also has a "01" at the end so I think we can put the "2001" theory at rest. Thank God.

Have a lightly scented Sunday, y'all.

By the way, one of my favorite body washes (not low end, but not Creed either, perhaps "mid-end" (-: ), is Molton Brown's Julipe (about the only M.B. I can tolerate). I wonder whether they've tried to imitate GIT a tad.

If anybody has owned the body wash, deodorant and/or aftershave of Green Irish Tweed..which would you say is most worth the money? i.e. which actually provides a substantial boost to your "Green irish tweed" smell aura and for the longer time?

I recently bought the GIT bodywash. I'm not impressed. The posters gave me high hopes, this fell very short. Needless to say, I recall smelling a bottle at Nordstroms and got a similar vibe ("doesn't really seem that great"). However, I had been sniffing all day and gave it the benefit of the doubt this time.

It's pretty weak. My Guess Man body wash which is 4 years old has at least 2-3x the concentration of fragrance than this GIT bodywash. Even your everyday Axe or Old Spice washes are at least 2 times as strong, if not stronger.

I admit, the lather is great and the gel is thick and rich. But for $72 I'd expect it to be moderately loaded with the fragrance. The candle (unlit, still in box) actually smells stronger than this body wash.

My verdict: Not worth $72. Nor 50. Nor 25. I'd pay $20 max for this maybe.

(I paid $250 retail for the juice 4 oz, and I think that is worth every cent.)

I don't necessarily disagree with your view. It may be that the purpose of the classy GIT body wash is to keep a very subtle smell close to skin. On the other hand, you're right, the price may be a tad "spicier" than the concentration... ( :

i have tried the virgin island water shower gel, smells great but after i leave the shower it is gone, i guess it must be my body chem. i will try again later on i guess. maybe an unscented soap will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Addict View Post
    Speaking of hype and such, how was it possible for Green Irish Tweed to be created in 1985 yet to be Cary Grant's scent? Was the formula taken out of the vault and recreated? Identically or with "modernizing" features? Or is this all a bit of a tall tale? Except for the House of Creed itself, is there any source that would confirm Cary Grant had anything to do with Green irish Tweed?

Mind you, I like the fragrance anyway and in itself, but curiosity eats at the heart of the weak 9-:.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but GIT was created in tribute to Cary Grant, not for him. However, as he died in 86 it was possible that it was "his scent" for a year. He was definitely a Creed fan, though (see here - http://www.carygrant.net/cv2001/newspaper.html).

Well it doesn't even leave much close to the skin even after a shower. I had to apply the wash directly to my dry skin to get any effect at all. even then it wasn't that great.

I'm a huge fan of body washes and matching products, but this is a huge let down. like i said, at 72 dollars, I'd expect something much more concentrated than a $5 body wash.

I'll be passing on the deodorant stick now, I've been waiting for it. However, it's probably the same story. subpar for the price. I can get a 4 oz GIT online (that actually provides a smell!) for the price of the bodywash and the deodorant stick. how pathetic is that.

big disappointment. love the juice though.

I cant ever imagine having so much money that I would spend $40 on deodorant. I am well off, but I am not a fool. Maybe that is why I am well off....

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

for what it's worth... i have the GIT shaving soap bowl. great shaving soap. scent does not last long at all.

SlimPickens - it's pretty ballsy to say spending $40 for deodorant is stupid on a message board where hundreds of people spend THOUSANDS of dollars on cologne and perfume. are you really going to say that all the fragrance you own (and the money you spent on it) is fine, but $40 for deodorant... now THAT'S CRAZY!!!

haha... reality is your friend.

i thought i was the only one who's creed body wash didnt work well, i have some virgin island water body wash and it doesnt project at all.

I've also been disappointed with GIT body wash lacking in scent intensity and longevity, it's all but gone right after I step out of the shower. By comparison, Guerlain's L'Instant body wash is far stronger and actually lasts a couple of hours after the shower.

Yes, I don't even get a HINT of the GIT smell after I go back into the bathroom. When I used my other frag's washes, I could smell it lingering in the bathrooms for hours after.

A hint for future buyers: Stick to the fragrance spray! unless you want to spend what it costs for a big 4 oz bottle that lasts almost a year of daily use... on a deodorant, body wash and after shave which will all last about < 1 month of consistent use.

Makes no sense. If you are going to buy it, buy it discounted. I have a feeling CREED has a case of GREED when it comes to these (subpar potency) accessories...