Code of Conduct

Default Fendi (Original for Women) = Balenciaga Pour Homme *minus* Swagger

I don't know if anyone else smells the similarities...but I sure do.

I just scored a super old bottle of Fendi (1985 for women) at my local Rite Aide (WTF?) for like, $20.

Balenciaga PH to me is Kouros with more incense and fruity apple overtones and less medicinal grossness at the top. Its like apple-cider with musk patchouli and incense.

Fendi smells like-- guess what? An apple-y incense! While they are actually very differently directed fragrances I think they converge quite a lot. Fendi is considerably more smoky and spicy while Balenciaga PH is much more musky and patchouli-centered. Regardless, they both have been discontinued and now fragrances like Jubilation XXV take their places in the boozy fruit incense category, as it becomes increasingly more trendy...

Thoughts?
    Last edited by justaguy; 8th March 2010 at 05:18 AM. Reason: contradictory awkwardness
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Default Re: Fendi (Original for Women) = Balenciaga Pour Homme *minus* Swagger

I found an old bottle of Fendi edt the other day. The opening is a little boozy with aldehydes over some florals (& fruits?), pretty feminine in a Chanel-sophisticated kind of way. But it gives way quickly enough to a mildly powdery incense over white musk. While I did get the apple cider-incense phase, it disappears all too quickly on skin, leaving mostly a powdery floral musk. Works better on fabric IMO.

Btw wd you mind posting a pic of the original 1985 vintage bottle? I think mine's the 2003 version.

Mine looks like this:
    http://www.myperfumesource.com/women...es/WFENDI2.gif
    I am assuming it is super old because it lists no ingredients and the box is shredded up. Plus the liquid is rather dark.

I think we definitely have different versions based on what you said-- I smell no powdery-floral section. In fact, sometimes it smells like Timbuktu in all of its woody goodness.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Quote Originally Posted by justaguy View Post
    I don't know if anyone else smells the similarities...but I sure do.

I just scored a super old bottle of Fendi (1985 for women) at my local Rite Aide (WTF?) for like, $20.

Balenciaga PH to me is Kouros with more incense and fruity apple overtones and less medicinal grossness at the top. Its like apple-cider with musk patchouli and incense.

Fendi smells like-- guess what? An apple-y incense! While they are actually very differently directed fragrances I think they converge quite a lot. Fendi is considerably more smoky and spicy while Balenciaga PH is much more musky and patchouli-centered. Regardless, they both have been discontinued and now fragrances like Jubilation XXV take their places in the boozy fruit incense category, as it becomes increasingly more trendy...

Thoughts?
    Justaguy, you got me curious at this one. Fruit, incense, smoke and spice? I think I'm missing this one.
    One fendi that recent got my attention was Fendi Asja. It's a nice dry cinnamon with honey and fruits. It reminded me something of anarchiste from caron, maybe the dry cinnamon thing.