Code of Conduct

Default Question about Giorgio Red for Men

I always liked this fragrance. I know it was discontinued and bottles were going for a lot of money for awhile. Now I see it all over eBay and various etailer sites for very little money. Is it being made again? And, if so, is it the same, or has the formula changed?

Thanks!

Default Re: Question about Giorgio Red for Men

It is being made again. EA Fragrances bought the license for Giorgio Beverly Hills.

Thanks, Asmo. Has anyone tried it? Is it the same?

Hi rockinruby - I've just purchased a 100ml bottle of Giorgio Red for Men. I've no experience of this the first time around, however, I can tell you it's very spicy, dense and complex. It's difficult to pick out any particular notes as it's so heavy and complex but I quite enjoy it! It seems quite powerful - one or two sprays suffice - and the longevity seems good - 8+ hours on me easily. From what others have said in other threads the formulation appears to be the same as when it was first launched. If you search the forum for recent threads there's a fair bit of discussion on it. Hope this helps!

I have multiple bottles of both the old and new. Previous discussion some felt it they are exactly the same. I notice differences with the older one seeming richer, deeper, stronger. I think the difference may be to age alone because they both tend to dry down the same on me. Same goes for the original Giorgio Beverli Hills for Men that was also re-rereleased.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Get a bottle of Red you will enjoy it !!!!!

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post
    I have multiple bottles of both the old and new. Previous discussion some felt it they are exactly the same. I notice differences with the older one seeming richer, deeper, stronger. I think the difference may be to age alone because they both tend to dry down the same on me. Same goes for the original Giorgio Beverli Hills for Men that was also re-rereleased.
    Exactly as he said.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

It was a bit too sweet for me (the new one), whereas Havana is a bit too dry and sharp. I think Montana "red box" might be just right, though the lavender up top is a bit strong.

It seems like there is a fair amount of attitude considering reformulations. Personally, I think they're usually an improvement and that it's foolish to always assert that the original is better. I also question how people know when certain fragrances are updated. It's not like perfumers usually disclose that and I wonder how it is that anyone could have that level of insider information. Fragrance is volatile by nature, and that 2 bottles of the same may smell slightly different does not mean it was reformulated. Just getting tired of all the bitching and had to vent- thanks!

I don't mind the claims about reformulation if the person explains exactly how he thinks the two differ. Otherwise, it can be very frustrating to hear people say things like "the new stuff is horrible, total garbage."

Quote Originally Posted by blondex199667 View Post
    It seems like there is a fair amount of attitude considering reformulations. Personally, I think they're usually an improvement and that it's foolish to always assert that the original is better. I also question how people know when certain fragrances are updated. It's not like perfumers usually disclose that and I wonder how it is that anyone could have that level of insider information. Fragrance is volatile by nature, and that 2 bottles of the same may smell slightly different does not mean it was reformulated. Just getting tired of all the bitching and had to vent- thanks!
    I guess it depends what fragrance is under discussion. If it is only Giorgio Red then, sure, the reformulation is probably not bad. But if it is some 70's/80's scent that used primarily natural ingredients you can be sure that the reformulation sucks by comparison.

I just saw this at my local TJ Maxx in a 3.4 oz for 19.99