Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Plus

Default No 5 Parfum on eBay

I know these 'Is this fake?' threads can get a little tiresome but I saw the following item on eBay for a really good price and wanted to know your opinions. I know No 5 is really popular so I imagine there are lots of fakes out there.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chanel-No-5-Pa...item2a053cbca5
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Default Re: No 5 Parfum on eBay

So what gives this one away? Strangely my first No5 was in a handbag case the same as this back in the 80's. I hated the stuff and had to give it away.

The thing with ebay which I have bought from with great success is: LET THE BUYER BEWARE. I hate the thought of someone being taken on there and its only when people stop buying fakes will it happen. Buyers will keep doing it as long as people buy their stuff.
    DONNA

Banned

The seller says: Returns: No Returns Accepted

So even if it *is* fake, you can't complain. As for myself, I am wary of buying on e-bay.

I have this particular container and it looks OK. Still, Chanel is the one brand I never buy on ebay. It's the one that is most like to be a fake.
    Olfacta
    also at http://olfactarama.blogspot.com
    Musings and random thoughts about the genie in the bottle

My one and only bad ebay experience was with a Chanel No. 5 that turned out to be fake. I would proceed with caution.

The refill looks exactly like the one I just bought in January. Retail price for new is ~$90.

From her feedback, I'd say your risk is less about whether it is fake and more about whether it is off due to poor storage. She says new, so I don't really understand how the case can be beat up.