Code of Conduct

Default AARRGGHH! My second order directly from Montale=second time wrong item sent.

To remind the folks at home what happened last November: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/235...on-my-doorstep

Well because I'm a fan I decided this time around to get something more subtle and went with a 100ml bottle of Original Aoud.

Guess what came in the mail today? NOT a bottle of Original Aoud! It was a bottle of Golden Aoud!

I wish there was a "bang head on wall" emoticon because it is more than fitting right now. At least my Red Aoud and Vetiver Des Sables came in completely full!

Thankfully this is the last of the Montales that I enjoyed enough to get full bottles of. I just hope he doesn't think I'm trying to scam him because this is the second time this has happened to me.

*EDIT* Update below
    Last edited by PorkFat; 9th March 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Default Re: AARRGGHH! My second order directly from Montale=second time wrong item sent.

That totally sucks. I guess take photos of the bottle in the box and packaging material and send if you're worried he'll think you're up to something (haha, that's how I feel every time I walk into a Radio Shack... like they think you're there to steal something).
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Default Re: AARRGGHH! My second order directly from Montale=second time wrong item sent.

Further confirms my suspicions that Montale is just an amateur house dressed up in big-boy clothes. Sorry to hear about that, PorkFat. Please let us know if things are resolved.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Further confirms my suspicions that Montale is just an amateur house dressed up in big-boy clothes. Sorry to hear about that, PorkFat. Please let us know if things are resolved.
    Well, yeah! When you take credit card information over unsecure email what else would you be? I winced both times I typed those 16 numbers into an email and sent it to him. I can't call because I only have a cell phone. The last time I activated international dialing, it was for the same thing. My cell phone got misplaced only to realize a month later that somebody made international calls on it that wouldn't have happened if I had that block on it still. I get nothing but bad luck from me fellow Frenchman...

And yeah, I did take a picture of the wrong item just like last time. But I could have gotten it from anywhere and just sent him that pic to make him think I got the wrong thing. That's what's going through my mind right now. I mean, it's not like there's a language barrier. The English words are written right on the bottle and it's spelled the same in my email.

I just hope he sends me a replacement soon because I'm moving and all I need is for one of my favorite scents to get lost in the mail.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 8th March 2010 at 06:45 PM.

I would be hopping mad, too. I'm sorry to hear of your customer service woes. It's a shame when a company that makes good fragrances can neglect an area vital to their continued existence!

wow that is very unfortunate
    they should totally make it up for you
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    I wish there was a "bang head on wall" emoticon because it is more than fitting right now.
    Here ya go, buddy. Hope it helps you feel better.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Well, he replied to my email today! He's sending me an Original Aoud now, hopefully. This was two swings and two misses. But I keep getting a free 100 ml bottle each time, so it must be getting expensive for the ol' guy.

If anyone's interested in Golden Aoud, I'll be selling/swapping it in the usual spot as I already have a bottle.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 9th March 2010 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    Well, he replied to my email today! He's sending me an Original Aoud now, hopefully. This was two swings and two misses. But I keep getting a free 100 ml bottle each time, so it must be getting expensive for the ol' guy.
    They'll either get it right or keep screwing up, I'm sure the cost of one bottle still made profit to cover the other.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

well, if your correct bottle arrives alright, it might have been worth the trouble, no?
    All the best anyways and I can totally understand your anger and annoyance at Montale, all I'm saying is that i wouldnt be too hesitative about a free bottle of golden oud..
    Last edited by timaru; 9th March 2010 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    well, if your correct bottle arrives alright, it might have been worth the trouble, no?
    All the best anyways and I can totally understand your anger and annoyance at Montale, all I'm saying is that i wouldnt be too hesitative about a free bottle of golden oud..
    It is kind of fun, in a way! I don't know if I'd rather play Montale Roulette or know for sure that I'll be getting what I order! Haha!

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

The guy who made the mistake probably had part of his wages docked for this rather expensive mistake...so I'd feel bad about laughing my way to the postal office.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    The guy who made the mistake probably had part of his wages docked for this rather expensive mistake...so I'd feel bad about laughing my way to the postal office.. :P
    Thanks, now I'm a sad Panda... Hopefully it wasn't the same person making the same mistake and this got him/her fired. Oh man...

As someone once said in a previous thread (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/230...#post1543243):

Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I have never heard of one guy having so many frag issues

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    As someone once said in a previous thread (http://www.basenotes.net/threads/230...#post1543243):
    A legend is born! It's the guy with no luck in fragrance. They say he rides into the night and where there is trouble in perfumery, he is there! Some say he is the cause of his own misery. But what misery allows for bottles of Montale to fall into his lap? What is the source of his power? Nobody knows for sure.

Seriously, if somebody here put a curse on me, will you please knock it off? Or, you know, just make Montale keep sending me free bottles without any of the other stuff, ok?

OK, finally got my replacement bottle. And someone here bought the Golden Aoud so everything is good again! Should I risk one more order to see if I get another free bottle?

Actually, ran into a snag trying to get this one! Montale shipped it registered and I had to sign for the package. I was not in and I got a card instead. So I took the card to the post office to pick it up. They couldn't find it anywhere. They said "maybe the carrier took it back out". Well, when I got home, there was no mail and when it finally came, there was no package. I got a phone call asking me to come back this morning to see if they found it. The first lady went looking and could not find it. The second (the one who originally "helped" me on Saturday) went to where the carriers were packing up and finally found it! For some reason they lost it on Saturday and didn't know what happened but it reappeared this morning. Oh well, all's well.

No more ordering direct from Montale by the sounds of it , so enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Pour_Monsieur View Post
    No more ordering direct from Montale by the sounds of it , so enjoy
    Is this for certain? I placed an order three and a half weeks ago, and have not received anything yet. They're also not answering my emails...
    Should I be worried?

Matthew,

I've exchanged three e-mails with Pierre in the last two days about ordering, and he has said they will still ship to the U.S. I am going to call him with payment information later today, or I was...your situation does not sound promising.

Regards,
    T

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Is this for certain? I placed an order three and a half weeks ago, and have not received anything yet. They're also not answering my emails...
    Should I be worried?
    I think Pour_Monsieur just means that PorkFat might be having second thoughts about ordering from Montale again, rather than Montale have stopped taking direct orders.

Wow PF - it's like the fragrance that doesn't want to be owned, or something!
    Last edited by great_badir; 23rd March 2010 at 12:21 PM.

I assumed he was referring to some of the posts in this thread.

Matthew, I assume you're using the Hotmail address and not the contact form on the website? I have sent messages through the contact form that never reached them, or to which they never replied, but replies to direct e-mails through Hotmail were swift.

Regards,
    T

Yup - I'm using the hotmail account (although I DID try the website contact when I got no response).
    When I was enquiring about prices, he responded very quickly. Now that I have paid though, I get NO response. I have tried 4 times now in the last 8 days, very politely - just asking if the order was shipped and if there is a tracking #. I'm getting discouraged, and am a little dissapointed in the customer service.
    Perhaps I'm being unreasonable?

Quote Originally Posted by TBoner View Post
    I assumed he was referring to some of the posts in this thread.

Matthew, I assume you're using the Hotmail address and not the contact form on the website? I have sent messages through the contact form that never reached them, or to which they never replied, but replies to direct e-mails through Hotmail were swift.

Regards,
    T

I don't think you're being unreasonable, Matthew. I do know several members here have said it too upwards of three weeks to get their shipments, so I don't see cause for real worry yet. On the other hand, a reply to one of your e-mails would - or should - be simple enough, especially since you have gotten rapid replies when you were ordering (as I have). I have not called with my payment information, and at this point, the collective experience of the board may keep me from doing so. I can get Red Vetyver for exactly the same price from The Perfume Shoppe as I can direct, and I'm pretty sure it would be shipped faster. Probably packed better, too. I might pay a bit more for shipping and I wouldn't get the free 20mL travel bottle, but then, is that worth possibly exposing my credit card information by ordering in a less-than-secure way? I'm thinking that fixing any credit issues will cost a fair bit more than shipping from Canada.

Looks like I need to head over to The Perfume Shoppe's website.

Regards,
    T

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Yup - I'm using the hotmail account (although I DID try the website contact when I got no response).
    When I was enquiring about prices, he responded very quickly. Now that I have paid though, I get NO response. I have tried 4 times now in the last 8 days, very politely - just asking if the order was shipped and if there is a tracking #. I'm getting discouraged, and am a little dissapointed in the customer service.
    Perhaps I'm being unreasonable?
    It may be worth keeping in mind that the Montale team are headed for Esxence in Milano this week, and as a result, might be running on a skeleton staff back in Paris. As Montale is not a big multinational firm, it may explain at least in part, their lack of correspondence.

Dont worry Matthew , when I ordered from them I had no order confirmation and they didnt reply when I asked them if everything had gone through OK . Im sure your order will be fine

Wanting to order some Red Vetyver. Perfumme Shoppe shows it at $130, and i Dont know if that is with or without the 10% off. If Montale is at least that cheap, and will send it directly, well, worth it to me to get the extra concentration and the 20ml travel size. Anyone with an update?

Quote Originally Posted by finsfan View Post
    Wanting to order some Red Vetyver. Perfumme Shoppe shows it at $130, and i Dont know if that is with or without the 10% off.
    $130 is not including the 10% discount.

Must be due to the random Montale Frag Name Generator ([random word] + Aoud) they use for their new frags...makes it tough to keep which frag is which ..
    -

I must say, this confusion is interesting lol

I ordered Black Oud a week ago and it arrived today. They seem to have forgotten the pouch. I already have Sweet Oriental Dream 100ml and it does have a pouch so i assume this one should too.

Also, i asked for samples but they sent none.

Quote Originally Posted by Leukothea View Post
    I must say, this confusion is interesting lol

I ordered Black Oud a week ago and it arrived today. They seem to have forgotten the pouch. I already have Sweet Oriental Dream 100ml and it does have a pouch so i assume this one should too.

Also, i asked for samples but they sent none.
    They don't give pouches with 100ml bottles anymore.
    As for samples, they've become a bit stingy with them now. Previously however they were quite generous and would even send samples upon request even if you didn't buy from them.

Their great customer service was always something that separated them from the norm , I hope they arent getting all shitty and high and mighty now

Yes. I wrote i wanted to buy samples and that they should just take the money off my account but they still didnt.

Any way you look at it, it was rude.