Code of Conduct

Default Shoe odor remedy

I dont own a ton of shoes so I have to get the most mileage out of the ones I do have. And after a while, they just start to smell. I finally found a product that works at eliminated shoe odor. It's this stuff by Dr. Scholls. http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/p...p&searchArg=26

It works great. Just spray your shoes every couple/three days. Thought I'd pass this info along.

Default Re: Shoe odor remedy

I use somekind (can't remember) of aqua blue-colored spraycan with a picture of penguin, and thats a product for shoe care. I also used Bath & Body Works room sprays for my shoes, the spruce-scented ones. They were on sale for $1.00 and I bought 30 cans of them so I had to use them for something.

The Dr. Scholl's product is very good. But the best tip is to avoid wearing the same shoes two days in a row. For gym shoes, just toss 'em in the washer now and then.

I stick a pair of cedar shoe trees in my gym shoes after my workout and they work great.

It might also help to change socks at some point during the day; they are certainly cheaper and easier to wash than the shoes themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    I stick a pair of cedar shoe trees in my gym shoes after my workout and they work great.
    I do this with my dress shoes, and sometimes I spray a little Odor-Eaters stuff in them as well. No problems so far. Don't care if my gym shoes smell. I mean, they're gym shoes, of course they're going to smell.
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 18th May 2010 at 08:22 PM.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

"Dryer sheets to the rescue again. These useful little sheets are traditionally used to soften clothes, but they have a secret super power: the ability to give your shoes a clean fresh smell. Just put a sheet into each shoe when you're not wearing them. Next time you go to slip on those shoes you'll be impressed with the lasting fresh smell. The nice thing about these as opposed to perfumed insoles or other products on the market is that the smell is fresh but not overpowering. You probably already have them on hand, so why not give it a try"--from diylife.com
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Don't care if my gym shoes smell. I mean, they're gym shoes, of course they're going to smell.
    I use the trees on my Nike Frees, which can rip more easily if the shape is not kept intact.

But if the choice is between smelling like gym shoes and smelling like nothing, I choose nothing.