Code of Conduct

Default BMM10 The Road To The Final Spritz Day 5-6 Recap

BMM10 The Road To The Final Spritz Day 5-6 Recap

Half of the field down and we start filling out the rest of the second round with eight more matches. I’m Somerville Metro Man and we’re on The Road To The Final Spritz. Two matches in each region and form held once again as the higher seeds took six out of the eight contests and we saw the first designer take downs of niche brands.

We’ll head out to the Creed Region first where last year’s runner-up the second seeded Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan opened a run that they hope will take them one win further than last year. Their first opponent Calvin Klein Obsession for Men, the 15th seed, was never in the contest and The Sultan strolled into the second round, 61-17. Waiting for them will be the seventh seed, Antaeus from Chanel. This long time crowd favorite had what looked like a tough opponent on paper in Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. Instead Antaeus rolled up the tobacco and smoked ‘em, 55-32. This sets up a delicious second rounder between The Sultan and Antaeus and I expect this will be a very close game.

In the Serge Lutens Region we’re headed for a battle of designer fragrances in the second round which is no surprise because that is the way the bracket was designed no matter who won. The surprise is many thought Davidoff Cool Water would be one of the teams advancing but Boucheron Jaipur Homme had different ideas and after they slapped a saddle on they rode Cool Water out of the tournament, 45-36. While the score seems close there was no point during the match that Jaipur wasn’t ahead. That scenario was different on the other side as Dior Fahrenheit and Versace The Dreamer staged one of the closer battles so far in the first round. Fahrenheit was under pressure early and it looked like they got caught dreaming but once they upped the pace the temperature rose and so did Fahrenheit, 46-38. The Thermometer Titans were looking forward to applying the same heat to Cool Water in a designer grudge match but Jaipur shouldn’t think they’re going to get any less of a torrid reception.

Two blowouts in the Guerlain Region which lead to another great second round game. Chanel Egoiste completely wilted Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet, 61-18 and Terre D’Hermes did not respect the lineage or the House in dispatching Creed Windsor 72-14. The sandalwood serenity of Egoiste versus the grapefruit giant Terre D’Hermes, in the second round, will make up for the boring first round matches.

Finally we go out to the Comme des Garcons Region and the closest match of the first round, so far. Fourth seeded Shulton Old Spice versus 13th seeded Creed Himalaya. The women in the stands were all watching the Old Spice mascot riding his horse and telling them to look at me now look at the guy next to you. The ladies on the Creed side of the arena were wavering but it didn’t affect Himalaya early as they pulled out to an early lead. With that lead they must have been looking at the mascot as all of a sudden Old Spice was saying to Himalaya “look at me” I’m going to take you down. The closing stages of this match were very close but Himalaya finally got the hard-earned victory, 45-41; and sent the Old Spice mascot out the door riding a horse backwards. Himalaya’s opponent will be Christian Dior Eau Sauvage. Eau Sauvage took on one of Chanel’s Les Exclusifs in the form of Coromandel and many thought that Eau Sauvage was playing to an older audience and that Coromandel would overwhelm. Instead it was the cagey experience of Eau Sauvage that overcame the chocolate thunder of Coromandel, 48-24.

Almost done with the first round with eight matches left.
    Remember to keep voting and watching as only you have the ability to determine the winner.
    I’ll be back to wrap the entire first round up in two days.
    Until then, I'll see you back here on The Road to The Final Spritz.
    Somerville Metro Man….Out!

Default Re: BMM10 The Road To The Final Spritz Day 5-6 Recap

Funniest post ever! Thanks!
    url=http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/972]Wardrobe[/url]

SMM - you missed your vocation sir.

A sterling job once again, just as you did last year.

My heartfelt thanks to you.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    The closing stages of this match were very close but Himalaya finally got the hard-earned victory, 45-41;
    Hmm. I see Old Spice as the winner in this race 47 to 46 over Creed Himalaya. Was there a change in totals after the fact?
    Last edited by kbe; 11th March 2010 at 11:03 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Hmm. I see Old Spice as the winner in this race 47 to 46 over Creed Himalaya. Was there a change in totals after the fact?

I think because the games thread are not locked at close, there are a few members that poll their vote when it does not really count.

No Old Spice. . . well, there goes the dramatic upset. . .

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

OK that would explain the difference. Thanks Gupts
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell