Code of Conduct

Default Angel Men Pure Malt is in stock at Beautyencounter.com - $55.90!

I know the Gucci Rush sold out really fast when I posted it as being in stock the last time.
    So you might want to jump on this one quick! I know I got mine as they're going at a fair price and not trying to gouge anyone.

Link: http://www.beautyencounter.com/3439600600797.html - $55.90

It is simply my favorite fragrance Thierry Mugler has put out and it is amazing stuff!

Some video reviews:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foPRZch4j1A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDMN-kqop8k
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzOO2YSlNt0

I'm only posting this because it's REALLY good and very hard to find retail. Please let us know if you got one or if they sold out!

P.S.: Free shipping for $100 or more. So if you were planning on getting something else, you might as well throw it in now.
    Last edited by PorkFat; 9th March 2010 at 02:46 AM.

Default Re: Angel Men Pure Malt is in stock at Beautyencounter.com - $55.90!

Thank you for the information PorkFat I stocked up already so there's no worry for me
    I do consider buying the Le Male 2005 limited edition at Beautyencounter.com but still wondering if it's a smart decision regarding the juice inside

I really shouldnt be buying this but I can't pass this up...thanks for posting but at the same time...damn you!!! lol
    Last edited by Jer350; 9th March 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I really shouldnt be buying this but I can't pass this up...thanks for posting but at the same time...damn you!!! lol
    You and me both, bud! I thought that Back to Black was going to be my last fragrance until I moved into my new home and settled in. NOPE! Haha! I saw this in stock and jumped on it!

What an incredible scent. Just got this today after such a long search, simply divine.

With tax and shipping it kills the deal for me. $66.74 is my total. I really wish this stuff makes it to Marshalls one day.

Blog Entries

Good luck. Grab it while you can. It was a limited edition, and is not in production now. $66.74 is still below what it retailed for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    With tax and shipping it kills the deal for me. $66.74 is my total. I really wish this stuff makes it to Marshalls one day.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Just until last week, there were heaps of sellers that had Mugler Pure Malt testers listed for as little as US$50.
    It seems now, they have formed a cartel of some sort as they all have jacked up their price to around US$80.

At US$50, I really had to struggle not to order back ups. Eventually I concluded that I love the original better than any flankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    That stinks! I take it you live in California. It's the only state they charge tax for.
    I threw in a bottle of something to bring it up to $100 for free shipping.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

God I wish I was American,
    perfume is cheap as trash
    over there!

I'm so jaloux!

On that page, you can get
    3,4 oz of Hypnotic Poison
    for a mere $75 ... here it
    would set you back $156!

Has anyone who ordered Pure Malt from this site got any kind of confirmation that it has shipped? They have it under the New Arrivals section of the site so I am kind of wondering if its a listing error.

Has anyone who ordered Pure Malt from this site got any kind of confirmation that it has shipped? They have it under the New Arrivals section of the site so I am kind of wondering if its a listing error.
    No shipping but the charges are pending on my credit card. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I've been busy all day and didn't realize it hasn't shipped yet and my orders to BE usually ship within 24 hours. Hmm... I'll call them tomorrow. I'd feel like a jerk if this was listed erroneously.

Quote Originally Posted by PorkFat View Post
    No shipping but the charges are pending on my credit card. That's as far as I've gotten so far. I've been busy all day and didn't realize it hasn't shipped yet and my orders to BE usually ship within 24 hours. Hmm... I'll call them tomorrow. I'd feel like a jerk if this was listed erroneously.
    Its pending for me as well, if you call and find anything out could ya post what you find out? Don't feel like a jerk about it though, its their fault!

Why not just have a beer? You could eat a chocolate mint cookie with it for the full effect. LOL.
    Last edited by Bigsly; 10th March 2010 at 04:09 AM.

Only if its a Guinness! But quick heads up to PorkFat, I JUST got my email confirmation that they shipped it out!

I just got a shipping confirmation email a minute ago! Speak of the devil!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    God I wish I was American,
    perfume is cheap as trash
    over there!

I'm so jaloux!

On that page, you can get
    3,4 oz of Hypnotic Poison
    for a mere $75 ... here it
    would set you back $156!
    You can stay Danish, just come live here

Well, mine came in today. Smooth transaction and perfect product just as I have come to expect from Beautyencounter.

Well, mine came in today. Smooth transaction and perfect product just as I have come to expect from Beautyencounter.
    Nice Porkfat, glad to hear that. I am still waiting on mine, it could come in tomorrow but if not it will be here on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Why not just have a beer? You could eat a chocolate mint cookie with it for the full effect. LOL.
    Pure Malt is safer for driving.

I recieved shipping confirmation scheduled to arrive 3/16! I purchased 3 to resell on ebay!
    Math you say? $55 * 3 = $165 no tax and free shipping (beautey encounter)
    Ebay (100% feedback and an actual person not a store selling it) "Me" selling it for $99.99 BUY IT NOW (SHipping included)
    BELIEVE ME THIS WILL SELL I HAVE SOLD Pure Malt on ebay before.
    So $99.99 * 3 = $299.97, Now

SO $299.97 - $165 = $134.97 Profit - $21 Shipping (U.S. Priority)(3 Shipped Bottles)

FINAL PROFIT $113.97

I think thats pretty good money for clicking, waiting, and wrapping shit up!
    THANK YOU PORK FAT!

Edit: Give or take .90 cents
    Last edited by thierry mugler; 13th March 2010 at 02:47 AM.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Quote Originally Posted by thierry mugler View Post
    I recieved shipping confirmation scheduled to arrive 3/16! I purchased 3 to resell on ebay!
    Ebay (100% feedback and an actual person not a store selling it) "Me" selling it for $99.99 BUY IT NOW (SHipping included)

SO $299.97 - $165 = $134.97 Profit - $21 Shipping (U.S. Priority)(3 Shipped Bottles)

FINAL PROFIT $113.97

THANK YOU PORK FAT!
    I wanted to buy at least one more for a backup but I honesty shouldn't have bought the one I did buy. I really don't have the money for it but I couldn't pass this deal up.
    Last edited by Jer350; 13th March 2010 at 03:49 AM.

Price gouging is common on eBay. Some poor bastards don't know about the google shopping tool.

FINAL PROFIT $113.97

THANK YOU PORK FAT!

When did you order?

I ordered on wednesday night and still haven't got any shipping confirmation. I even called today before they closed. they said it would ship today. still nothing and it's 8:15 pacific time (where they are located as well)

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    When did you order?

I ordered on wednesday night and still haven't got any shipping confirmation. I even called today before they closed. they said it would ship today. still nothing and it's 8:15 pacific time (where they are located as well)
    Well I ordered mine on the 8th, I got a shipping e-mail on the 10th saying it shipped on the 9th. It is expected to arrive on Monday but it wouldn't surprise me too much it if comes on the 13th...the company is in California.

FINAL PROFIT $113.97

THANK YOU PORK FAT!

I don't think this post will add many friends to your basenotes pool.
    I, for one, detest ebayers like you.
    You do realize, it is usually fellow basenoters that you are gouging with those inflated prices, right? Only fools like us pay double for a scent we crave. It is your right to do it, this is America after all, but I don't know that bragging about it on Basenotes is a wise move.

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    I don't think this post will add many friends to your basenotes pool.
    I, for one, detest ebayers like you.
    You do realize, it is usually fellow basenoters that you are gouging with those inflated prices, right? Only fools like us pay double for a scent we crave. It is your right to do it, this is America after all, but I don't know that bragging about it on Basenotes is a wise move.
    Hmmmm...well, i apologize just wanted to let others know how you can make money by the link supplied by porkfat & if somebody here on basenotes was to ask me for a bottle i would sell it for what i paid for.
    didnt mean to upset you but, cash rules everything around me. i dont know about you, but i see an oppurtunity and i pounce on it. If anything you should be upset at fragrance houses that sell $2-3 worth of juice for hundreds of dollars. Again i apologize if in any way i was "bragging" i was just attempting to inform.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    You can stay Danish, just come live here
    O/T

I wish I had the gutts,
    I would so love me a
    Victorian mansion in
    Eureka, Northern Calli!

I need to marry up!

Hmmmm...well, i apologize just wanted to let others know how you can make money by the link supplied by porkfat & if somebody here on basenotes was to ask me for a bottle i would sell it for what i paid for.
    didnt mean to upset you but, cash rules everything around me. i dont know about you, but i see an oppurtunity and i pounce on it. If anything you should be upset at fragrance houses that sell $2-3 worth of juice for hundreds of dollars. Again i apologize if in any way i was "bragging" i was just attempting to inform.
    No offense taken. I just doubt that Porkfat started this post so that we could make a quick buck, rather, I think that he was trying to help those of us that love this scent obtain a bottle before they all ended up on ebay at twice the price.
    I am a lucky guy with one bottle and one backup, but I am sure that your generous offer to sell one to someone here at cost will be snapped up quickly. That was a very basenoterly thing to do.

Make sure you keep a backup for yourself, it is a great scent.

Quote Originally Posted by scentaddiction View Post
    No offense taken. I just doubt that Porkfat started this post so that we could make a quick buck, rather, I think that he was trying to help those of us that love this scent obtain a bottle before they all ended up on ebay at twice the price.
    I am a lucky guy with one bottle and one backup, but I am sure that your generous offer to sell one to someone here at cost will be snapped up quickly. That was a very basenoterly thing to do.

Make sure you keep a backup for yourself, it is a great scent.
    Yea, im really puzzled why they don't keep pure malt on the shelves.

Just got my shipping confirmation

I only got 1 because I doubt I'll love it (since I don't think AMen is that great to begin with). If I do, I hope there's some left later. If not, I'll take thierry mugler up on his offer on monday (plus a few more $ for a fellow basenoter)

Keep me on that basenotes waiting list if there is one JR thx
    Last edited by G Man; 13th March 2010 at 04:10 AM.

Yea, im really puzzled why they don't keep pure malt on the shelves.
    I am totally guessing here but maybe they created the fragrance using the barrels of one particular batch of whiskey. So maybe the scent would change slightly if they used other barrels from a different batch of booze? Or maybe the price of the process of aging Pure Malt or the buying of the barrels is too expensive?

I am totally guessing here but maybe they created the fragrance using the barrels of one particular batch of whiskey. So maybe the scent would change slightly if they used other barrels from a different batch of booze? Or maybe the price of the process of aging Pure Malt or the buying of the barrels is too expensive?
    I think the barrels were new. Maybe they just used the same kind of barrels that are utilized to make whisky.

Arrow Re: Angel Men Pure Malt is in stock at Beautyencounter.com - $55.90!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    I need to marry up!
    Cali is best served single. Marriage is overrated and the divorce rate is 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Cali is best served single. Marriage is overrated and the divorce rate is 50%.
    Even though I'm a royal European Duke (yeah right)
    I can't afford a mansion in Eureka, are you crazy?!
    Hence the marriage!

Finally got my bottle in today, they did a really good job with the bubble wrap. Only thing I noticed that was slightly off was the box was not wrapped in plastic..oh well!

Finally got my bottle in today, they did a really good job with the bubble wrap. Only thing I noticed that was slightly off was the box was not wrapped in plastic..oh well!
    Damn. I was planning on keeping one of mine shrink wrapped, being it's limited edition and what not.

Well that destroyed my 2nd online store try for online fragrance purchasing. Fragrancenet is long out the door, and I suppose beauty encounter won't be getting another "cent" from me after this one ships to me.

Why can't online sellers be honest and freakin' say "not sealed in box" or something. Damn them all. I'll gladly hand over the extra 10 bucks to a department store for a fresh, sealed, authentic 100% bottle any day now. (well this was a last resort, they don't carry pure malt in stores anymore.)

Given that circumstance, this one time I'm gonna just say...oh well :|

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    Damn. I was planning on keeping one of mine shrink wrapped, being it's limited edition and what not.

Well that destroyed my 2nd online store try for online fragrance purchasing. Fragrancenet is long out the door, and I suppose beauty encounter won't be getting another "cent" from me after this one ships to me.
    Easy there! It was probably just a fluke... Mine was sealed in plastic. I bet if you typed up a nice email or gave them a call letting them know that their listing didn't mention it was unsealed and you feel the item was misrepresented, they will send you a mailing label and sealed replacement bottle at their cost. They're good at doing stuff like that.

Easy there! It was probably just a fluke... Mine was sealed in plastic. I bet if you typed up a nice email or gave them a call letting them know that their listing didn't mention it was unsealed and you feel the item was misrepresented, they will send you a mailing label and sealed replacement bottle at their cost. They're good at doing stuff like that.
    Yeah your probably right, since I am using mine I am not gonna make a big deal out of it. The bottle is definitely legit from what I can tell and since it is a limited edition we know when it was made and the bottle is full. No worries!

+1 Mine came sealed as well.

Got my bottle in today and it was also sealed.
    I refuse to sink.

Got mine. It was sealed

They are SOLD OUT now.

Got my Pure Malt in today, it was wrapped in the original retail plastic.

Wow, it is $120 now

LOL it is $120 now. Funny, they just knew how popular it is
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Lmao

Welp, I'm glad I jumped on that while it was available.
    I refuse to sink.

Hello! Would you know if Pure Malt is available anywhere else for less than $100? Thanks!

Damn! First time I see this thread, I got all excited for nothing. I'm in the group of those who discovered how awesome Pure Malt is AFTER it had been discontinued.