Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Tuesday 9 March

Good morning!

I'm still stuck with Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte.

Enjoy your day!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SotD Tuesday 9 March

Good morning all !
    I hope Chaya, RHM are feeling better today. Thoughts for everyone in need.

I am wearing Narcisse Noir in extrait again- I adore this scent - so languid ,exotic and lovely.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

A test day again. This time Bond no. 9 - Broadway Nite and Creed - Fleurs de Bulgarie.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Tuesday 9 March

Jean-Paul Guerlain's

Head Notes
    Nutmeg,Coriander,Mandarin Orange, Neroli,Bergamot,Tobacco,Lemon,
    Heart Notes
    Carnation, Sandalwood, Pepper, Orris Root, Sage,Vetiver
    Base Notes
    Leather,Tonka Bean,Amber,Civet,Oakmoss,Vetiver,Myrrh
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Ah, Mysticknot- thank you !

Thanks to my Secret Santa here, I'm awash in PdN's magnificent Le Temps d'Une Fete !
    If it gets better than this- I'm not sure HOW.
    [If only it were parfum, I'd squeal like a pig ;-)]

Sending love to the 'morning sick', the ailing, the weary, the valiant....
    AND THE REST OF US !

Off to work.
    Ladida.....
    Last edited by chayaruchama; 9th March 2010 at 10:27 AM.

Basenotes Plus

I'm wearing MKK today and I'm dissapointed, this is not the beast everybody says it is!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Eva Pasco

Good morning to all!

Just a little spritz of Bodycology Gardenia over the body creme later this morning.

"Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and fans the bonfire." Francois Duc De La Rochefoucauld

May our own desires fan the fires of our dreams today...

Quote Originally Posted by libertine View Post
    I'm wearing MKK today and I'm dissapointed, this is not the beast everybody says it is!
    That was my impression, too. Mostly Kiehl's Musk plus a bunch'o roses.

Clair de Musc today.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

A big amount of Guerlain's tender but dark floral chypre Chant d'Arômes, with honeysuckle, indolent flowers and a green chypre mixture of earthy oakmoss, vetiver, tonka bean and wood that revives the spicy powder of Vol de Nuit.

Knit_at_nite, I loved reading about your "dumping" yesterday.

Hugs to 30R., Chaya and RHM.

Will wear By Kilian Back to Black -- not exactly my cup of tea, but how am I supposed to understand it better without wearing, right?

I am off to a very stressful day at work in Natori. I baked up a storm yesterday so that I might feel that I am caring for my colleagues as they receive the news this morning. Don't worry--their jobs are safe. And they will be munching on my Irish brown bread and walnut coffee cake as they absorb the changes that will take place. Natori is the perfect choice, Lovethescents.

Thinking of 30 Roses and hoping she is o.k.
    Glad Chaya is feeling back on form enough to go into work.
    Yves Rocher's Un Jour Se Leve is helping me prepare for my
    tutoring sessions this afternoon on "connectives!"

Scent of Peace #9

Am SO with Libertine and The Widow on MKK - body chemistry, eh??!!

Mr. G - been meaning to compliment on your GORGEOUS array of Guerlain bottles. Many thanks.

Still reorganizing after the pothos fell on the 'fumes on my etager...found a mini of
    Youth Dew Amber Nude

....purrfect for this still-chill ayem!!
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Good morning all and big hug to those in need of one!! Thanks for all the support yesterdayI'm feeling a littlebit more optimistic today,but things go very up and down. Sotd is Samsara edp layered with some Tam Dao.

Blog Entries

Spent the day in Burberry London, followed by TM's Angel for bed-time.

Cannot decide what to wear today.

I'm testing a sample of Juliette has a Gun's Citizen Queen this morning and I'm going back and forth on just like, love, or appreciate. Apparently undecided there too. I think the scent itself may be as well. Very aldehydic, very vanilla, and very leather. Supposedly it's a chypre according to description and notes (well it has "chypre notes"), but I am not getting that at all. This one perplexes me, but in a good way.

Oh bother. I'll post later when I decide on the SotD.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Mugler B*Men today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Castelbajac, bittersweet and gamine.

top notes: orange blossom and almond
    middle notes: cyclamen and lily-of-the-valley
    base notes: patchouli, musk, vanilla and cedar.

Thank you all for your very kind and supportive words! Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just expressing myself :-)

Last night I spritz a tiny amount of Mugler Cologne on DH. It was woooooooonderful! Thank you dear potiron!

Today's a jam packed day with the boy....gym class, followed by lunch and a playgroup. He's such a good child, he deserves it!

I had a dream last night about wearing Dolce Vita....how odd? Think I'll try a little dab of that..

Therese, I'm so happy you're pleased with your fragrance choice! Your baking, by the way, sounds fabulous!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose.

Notes include Davana, cinnamon, pink and rose pepper, coriander, blackcurrant buds, osmanthus, peony, Turkish rose, tea, elemi, incense, myrrh, opoponax, cedarwood, papyrus, patchouli, wenge, vetiver, musk and benzoin.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Some lovely images here, today.

I've reached the point in my term when my students hate the sight of me and, frankly, I feel likewise.

Still, it is all somehow more tolerable in a generous spritz of Cuir de Lancome.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Christian LaCroix Bazar today -

reine

Basenotes Plus

Good Morning, dear ones!

SOTD is actually two: Rosine's (you knew there had to be a rose, right?) Rosa Flamenca and Lisa Hoffman's French Clary Sage Day Time. I didn't actually layer them over one another. The LH is behind my ears & the Rosine is on my wrists.

I thought I'd revisit my post and add some information about the scents I selected for today. From the Les Parfums de Rosine web site: "The perfume was created by François Robert in 2004.
    Rosa Flamenca is a night and day perfume. It reveals the freshness of orange blossom and neroli, and the sweetness of jasmine and rose.

Olfactory family : Floral Bouquet.
    Top note : Orange Blossom, Neroli, Petit Grain, Green orange peel.
    Heart note : Jasmine, Rose de Mai Absolue, Rose essence, Fig tree hood.
    Base note : Sandalwood, Benzoin, White musk."

It's absolutley beautiful!

And from Liss Hoffman's skincare web site: "French Clary Sage features a bright, fresh personality. Linen and cotton accords are blended with notes of French Clary Sage and Sicilian Bergamot for a feminine aroma that is refined and sophisticated."

And yes, I feel quite sophisticated as I type here in my jeans & old shirt, getting ready to do my husband's ironing. Ahhhhh....the power of scent!

Pretty!
    Last edited by RHM; 9th March 2010 at 04:46 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Andy Tauer's Incense Rose.

Sending positive vibes to those in need.

I'll join Jasper with Andy Tauer's Incense Rose...

Hugs to all needing them today...
    Last edited by cavaliercanary; 9th March 2010 at 03:57 PM.

Now testing Black Amber (luckyscent) and Ferre by Ferre. No new big loves found today.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taolady View Post
    Mr. G - been meaning to compliment on your GORGEOUS array of Guerlain bottles.
    Me, too.

Being caught up on a goodly number of things from the office-related to-do list (Yay!), DH and I are heading out for some Home Depot/Menards materials reconnaissance. His next renovation project: The Bell Tower! So exciting for us. Vetivers for the lumber and hardware stores: Sel de Vetiver + Black Vetyver Cafe.

~ Hope something good rings your chimes today. ~
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Unscripted - Patrick Dempsey
    Wishlist is pointless.

Continuing amber week in a good one introduced to me by the lovely and talented pomander.

L’Artisan Ambre Extreme

If you were taking the SAT’s and you came across the question “Jean-Claude-Ellena is to Extreme like hand is to _____?” The word you’d use to fill in the blank would probably not be glove. More likely it would be some non-sequitur because Ellena is known for the minamilist take on perfume composition and when I see extreme in the name of a fragrance I expect something with some power. Nevertheless, in 200, M. Ellena created Ambre Extreme for L’Artisan and while it is by no means a fragrance I would describe as extreme in the sense of power it is an extremely good amber.

In many ways Ambre Extreme exhibits all the hallmarks of an Ellena fragrance. A few notes, in this case six; each phase has a distinct feel, and it all floats in a self-contained bubble. Ambre Extreme is a straight and simple amber but M. Ellena chooses his complementary notes wisely and so it takes that simple amber accord and enhances it throughout the development of Ambre Extreme.

Ambre Extreme starts with a soft cardamom and nutmeg laid over the amber. This gives a soft beginning that keeps the amber from getting too edgy on me. A very discrete rose enters in the heart and it adds a floral counterpoint but the amber is really the dominant note through thew middle stage of this fragrance. The base adds patchouli and vanilla. The presence of vanilla in other amber fragrances makes it too sweet for my tastes but in Ambre Extreme M. Ellena keeps the vanilla’s volume turned way down so it enhances the amber instead of detracting.

Ambre Extreme has above average longevity and moderate sillage on me.

While it might be hard to fill in the blank on my first hypothetical SAT question my second one might be easier “Jean-Claude Ellena is to Perfume like artist is to ______?” My answer would be intelligence and Ambre Extreme is a good example of M. Ellena’s intelligent ability to enhance a central accord into something unique.

Have a Thrilling Tuesday everyone.

Hello everyone -

It's Gucci No. 3 again today for me!

Top notes - aldehydes, coriander and bergamot
    Middle notes - tuberose, iris, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley
    Base notes - leather, patchouli, musk, oakmoss and vetiver

Y'all have a great day!

SMM, love your take on JCE's Ambre Extreme!
    I'm wrapping my arms around the entire lot of (((basenoters))) today, giving you all a nurturing hug!
    Also, am wearing Insolence by Maurice Roucel for Guerlain ~ it's perky and uplifting!

SL Fille En Aiguilles for me today.

Still quite chilly today so my choice is the spicy and sweet, rose and woods of Chanel Egoiste.

A "Cinnamon Twist" Rose--that's Egoiste for me!

Top Notes
    Sicilian Tangerine, Brazilian Rosewood.

Middle Notes
    Cinnamon, Carnation, Coriander, Damask Rose.

Base Notes
    Sandalwood, Vanilla, Ambrette seed.

Have a great day all!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Therese - good luck today! Don't forget to pamper yourself too.

30 Roses - happy to hear the stress bubble has burst. Another step towards the "new normal". Please take care of yourself and your mom.

--------------------------

Wearing Possets Sex Juice today.
    One of the more complex scents in the Possets line.
    Starts with an herbal, almost minty note with dirt, cream and honey.
    The dirt note is really strong.
    Sounds weird - but it is quite compelling.
    The base is the Possets signature creamy vanillic base with a healthy lashing of MKK/Musc Ravageur-style musk.

Really digging this (ha!) now. Went through the sample in a flash and have already dug (ha ha) into the full size.

(I'm gonna stop with the dirt(y) jokes now)
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Institution

Vetiver Pour Elle by Guerlain

Chloe (original) 1975

For my last day of work this week, I'm all casual in dress and spirit. Vacation starts VERY SOON!!!
    L'Artisan Premier Figuier Extreme, all creamy and fresh.

Testing PG Corps et Ames. This one is impressing me mightily thus far, not only for its loveliness but also for its restraint.

Sending hugs to where they'll do the most good. Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

Everybody smells sooooo GOOD!

I just opened my package of samples from Sonoma Scent Studio. The first two I tried on skin are Velvet Rose (oil) and Femme Jolie (oil). the Velvet Rose is pretty linear & my skin seems to have "eaten it up". Whereas, the FJ is surprisingly peppery and quite interesting. I like it, here in the first few minutes, much better than the Velvet Rose.

My dry skin is a factor in the scent consumption, of that, I am sure.

From the Sonoma Scent Studio web site: Notes for Velvet Rose:
    "A fresh but deep rose soliflore with Damask rose, bergamot, violet leaf, soft carnation, musk, and subtle patchouli."

and for Femme Jolie: "Notes are ginger, cinnamon, clove, plum, peach, orange blossom, violet, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, musk."
    Last edited by RHM; 9th March 2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: added note details from SSS's web site.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hoping for spring in Royal Bain de Caron.

Testing Sonoma Scent Studio Opal.
    Silky, smooth, comforting, gently vanillic musk.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Egoiste (Chanel)

Started out in Plus Que Jamais, but added 28 La Pausa in the afternoon.

Good Morning, all! I haven't posted in a while, but I lurk daily and miss everyone.

Joining amber club today, wearing Tom Ford Amber Absolute. Love, love, LOVE!!

Blog Entries

Dioressence
    Created by Guy Robert of IFF (1970); a soft oriental aldehyde parfum with top notes of fruit and rose; heart notes of jasmine, geranium, cinnamon and vanilla and base notes of patchouli, oak moss, vetiver and musk.

This is sumptuous, green and a little powdery to start. I have a vintage bottle. Oddly there is no mention (in Perfume Intelligence) of the ambergris that was supposed to have been added to the Miss Dior formula to create this fragrance.
    Last edited by kumquat; 9th March 2010 at 06:21 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Hi Turquoisewater, it's good to see you!

Thanks to a divine perfume friend, I am wearing Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Fleur des Comores. It's so pretty! A smoky vanilla combines with indolic-tinged florals and a touch of fruit (passionfruit?), making for an interesting, complex scent, heady and tropical. It's lush and sweet, but there's nothing cake batter about this one.

Hugs to all in need of them.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Wow, everyone smells fabulous today!

Quarry - sharing your excitement in the bell tower project!

Today I am loving Penhaligon's Amarinthine.
    Amaranthine’s top notes as green tea, white freesia, banana tree leaf, coriander seed oil, and cardamom absolute; its heart notes as rose, carnation, clove oil, orange blossom, ylang ylang oil, and Egyptian jasmine absolute; and its base as musk, vanilla, sandalwood, condensed milk, and tonka bean absolute. (Props to NST)

Went to bed last night in Invasion Barbare, unusual for me to duplicate a wearing on the same day. I absolutely adore this one!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

30 Roses

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Mouchoir de Monsieur today, recently aquired and already a favourite.

Feeling weary...and it's only Tuesday. LOL

SOTD: Bandit EDP

Evening all,

spent the day in SJP's Lovely and got two compliments from co workers. One of them asked how many different scents I own so I had to 'fess up. I always find that difficult to do to people who don't share my perfume nerdiness...

Some amazingly lovely images today.

Wearing No 5 EdP. It and Eau Premiere are my go-to fragrances when I'm unsure what to wear. And today is just one of those days.

Have a great day, everyone!

I am with Lessa -- yes, fabulous and diverse! Some of us are even trying to step out of the rut, I think.

Back to Black is not a keeper for me and I will not wear it any more -- life is too short to put up and to conform.

Wear another weird one instead -- John Galliano, with synthetic patch and other stink.

SotD was CdG Kyoto. Perfect in this freezing cold weather.
    In the evening I sampled SL La Myrrhe (than you lovethescents). Sadly, this one is not for me.
    Last edited by potiron; 9th March 2010 at 09:19 PM.

Havana Vanille again today. When I was sampling this I could barely smell it and now, after a 10 ml decant and a good few mls from my new bottle I get wafts of it all day. I'm sure I have 'trained' my nose to smell it !
    Last edited by hilaryjane; 9th March 2010 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typo

Basenotes Plus

Greeting all on this very windy CA day.

Feeling fresh and feminine in Trussardi Skin EDP

Today I am wearing DIOR HOMME, Christian Dior.... I have NO idea why this frag is not considered UNISEX??? I am a woman and I just LOVE it...freakin' love it!

Chanel Coco Mademoiselle this morning, and as the lovely drydown persists, a layer of Sycomore this afternoon. Nice blend!

Ooh... with a little Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere EDP on one arm and a little later, Chanel Allure Sensuelle EDP on the other. I think I might have sweet dreams!
    Last edited by actiasluna; 10th March 2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Appending... later that same day.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!