Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these two fragrances would you most like to see advance? Select one from each group only.

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Group A) Givenchy Pi

27 27.27%
  • (Group A) Tom Ford Grey Vetiver

55 55.56%
  • (Group B) Thierry Mugler Cologne

29 29.29%
  • (Group B) Creed Green Irish Tweed

63 63.64%
  • (Group C) CdG Incense Avignon

19 19.19%
  • (Group C) Serge Lutens Chergui

72 72.73%
  • (Group D) Thierry Mugler A*Men

40 40.40%
  • (Group D) L'Artisan Dzing!

53 53.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Blog Entries

Default BMM10: 3/9 Games 29-32 (A*Men, Avignon, Chergui, Dzing!, and more)

Basenotes March Madness 2010

Games 29-32
    (Round 1)
    Poll ends March 10.

(3) Givenchy Pi vs. (14) Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    (8) Thierry Mugler Cologne vs. (9) Creed Green Irish Tweed
    (5) CdG Incense Avignon vs. (12) Serge Lutens Chergui
    (1) Thierry Mugler A*Men vs. (16) L'Artisan Parfumeur Dzing!

Most recent bracket:

(Click bracket for full size.)

Poll will close in 24 hours, vote which fragrance you'd like to see advance to Round 2. Vote for one fragrance from each group only, voting for both is statistically the same as not voting at all.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/9 Games 29-32 (A*Men, Avignon, Chergui, Dzing!, and more)

The Zeitgeist Sez...

Predictions:

(6) Aramis Havana def. (11) Azzaro Chrome
    (4) Dior Homme def. (13) Diptyque Eau Lente
    (8) Azzaro Pour Homme def. (9) Jean-Paul Gaultier Le Male
    (1) Guerlain Vetiver def. (16) Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Standings:
    Maximum Score Possible 29
    The Zeitgeist 25

gupts 27
    an_oud_girl 26
    wicozani 26
    flannelman 25
    zliang 25
    Asha 24
    DocmanCC 24
    timaru 24
    the_good_life 24
    surreality 23
    mrcologneguy 23
    Buddy97 23
    TwoRoads 22
    rogalal 22
    Royal 22
    Bluesoul 21
    mudassir 21
    kbe 21
    telecaster 21
    Furriner 21
    JaimeB 20
    Exquisitely Me 20
    robpgmc 20
    veuve amiot 19
    jacona 18
    Roryj 17

(The Zeitgeist is the "spirit of the time", and his picks are the picks of the majority in all rounds, as an experiment to see if the majority pick in every round is more likely to be correct than any individual's picks. In other words, "Is all of us smarter than one of us?")
    The Zeitgeist has spoken.

Will GIT wipe the floor with Mugler Cologne...?

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Tough call............The fight will go down to the last minute I think.........

On the other hand I never envisaged that A*men could at any point be defeated, let alone trampled by Dzing.

I think A*Men not only has a huge supporters community but also an even wider disliking towards it among lots. So I would assume IF its going down it would be due (at least halfway) to votes against it, not for Dzing..

I cant believe Pi is losing. I mean it's a decent linear gourmand and I would have expected it to be way more popular.
    Last edited by timaru; 9th March 2010 at 10:28 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Asha View Post
    Sincerely hope so.

A*men loving brothers & sisters.

It it time to show thy love for this iconic fragrance.
    Come forward and VOTE for A*men.
    Remember: Your Vote counts.

God bless.

These are difficult. I'm confident GIT will win, A*Men and Pi will struggle and possibly lose. The only shoe-in is Chergui - unfortunately. I much prefer Avignon .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

High stakes for me in this round... much wishful thinking in my guesses here. Not that I'm doing all that well anyway, of course. Goes to show how much my wishful thinking is worth.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Last edited by Asha; 9th March 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Go Dzing!
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Blog Entries

Where are all those votes for Tom Ford coming from? Pigs are flying today!
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Totally agree mudassir

boy, game 4 really proves to be thrilling!

GO GIT!!! finally getting my 2.5oz bottle on Friday.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

A*Men/Dzing: it ain't over till the gravity-challenged lady Dzings
    Last edited by kbe; 9th March 2010 at 05:18 PM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

My precious Mugler Cologne is taking a beating
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

A*Men's in the lead... no wait, Dzing, no A*men, Dzing, A*men... it's too close to call! Where are all those people who vote A*Men year after year in the annual Basenotes awards?

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    A*Men's in the lead... no wait, Dzing, no A*men, Dzing, A*men... it's too close to call! Where are all those people who vote A*Men year after year in the annual Basenotes awards?
    Out clubbing, together with the Pi fans?
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Blog Entries

I fear for Kouros now, as I'd find it hard to believe everybody who is voting for Grey Vetiver or Dzing has actually smelled them.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    I fear for Kouros now, as I'd find it hard to believe everybody who is voting for Grey Vetiver or Dzing has actually smelled them.
    I have smelled both, own both, and they both got my vote. Along with GIT and Chergui. Pretty easy choices today - at least for me. It's when two powerhouses go up against each other that it gets very tough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    I saw Grey Vetiver way over Pi and went "Holy s**t!", then I saw Dzing! beating A*Men and went "Double holy s**t!"
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

summer means fireflys

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    A*Men/Dzing: it ain't over till the gravity-challenged lady Dzings
    This was a really tough call for me. I like them both, but in the end went with Dzing because I wear it more often than A*men. I thought the vote might be a little closer than it is right now.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

By FAR the toughest choice for me so far in the tourney between GIT and Mugler Cologne. Reason being, I DON'T care for GIT, but respect it's history, quality, and importance. But DO like Mugler Cologne, and think it has been almost, if not equally, as revolutionary. Very, very tough decision, but personal preference won out and I went for MC.

Edit: And I'd like to add, that Pi being crushed by Grey Vetiver doesn't surprise me in the least. Pi, is massively overrated outside of Basenotes, and it looks like it's a bit underrepresented within the community, so I don't think there are too many supporters around here. I think Grey Vetiver has a chance to be a modern classic, it's an incredibly handsome and contemporary take on a classic theme. Very likable, and it smells pretty damn good as well.
    Last edited by mtgprox05; 10th March 2010 at 12:50 AM.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Blog Entries

I like GIT just fine, but Mugler cologne is just one of those scents that when you want to wear it, nothing else will quite do. And I really cannot stand the gourmand vanilla sweetness of Pi. Grey Vetiver isn't a must have vetiver for me, but it's well done.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

It looks like we have the 4 winners already
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

The A*Men defeat hurt my bracket... I had it going to the elite 8...

Darn, I did not predict well this round! I prefer Dzing! and Grey Vetiver, but I figured they were way less popular than A*men and Pi respectively. I agree with some comments made here and in previous threads about the competition getting the votes just so they can be *against* the more popular scent. In the coming rounds, I may do the same to preserve what brackets I have left!!!