Code of Conduct

Smile Hello Basenotes !

You are my favourite forum !

Hi, my name is Jimi, not my real name, but you can call me so. I am a 14 (lol, almoust 15) year old boy from Romania, if you care. I am in the 8th grade now.
    I realy love fragrances now, so that's why I joined this forum. You, know, you kinda need fragrances more when you are in school or high school then when you are older, because this is considered the best period from a man's life. There are alot of girls to seduce.
    My other obsession is playing the guitar, which I do every day, and at least 2 hours. That turns the girls on too.

My WARdrobe is realy small now, but I want to buy 3 new bottles for my birthday.
    I have:
    JOOP! -> my first fragrance, and also, the strongest, sometimes lasting 2 days.
    Jaipur Homme by Boucheron -> my second fragrance, and in my opinion, the best oriental ever ! Probably the strongest too, if you have the EDP version. Don't worry, through, the EDT lasts more then 12 hours, sometimes a day.
    Kouros (YSL) -> my first YSL fragrance, and it may be my favourite too. In my opinion, better the best in my collection. Starts very strange, but turns after 6 hours into something very sweat.
    Givenchy Pi -> my favourite vanilla fragrance
    Azzaro Pour Homme -> quite a strong fragrance for me
    Will buy:
    Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain Vetiver

That's all, folks !

Default Re: Hello Basenotes !

Hi Jimi,
    Welcome to basenotes from another guitar playing fragrance addict. Keep practicing 2 hrs a day as long as you can, its a long time since I've been able to do that! Advice from a wrinkly old pro: - remember - practice the stuff you are NOT good at most!

Good wardrobe!
    Last edited by hirch_duckfinder; 9th March 2010 at 02:58 PM.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes, Hendrix. You're 14 and you already have a pretty solid wardrobe there!
    Do stick around.

Welcome to the forum, from a keyboard/synthesiser playing addict.
    I remember Kouros from years back, I've not tried it in ages, but you can always smell it when someone else is wearing it down at the local pub.

As yet ANOTHER guitarist, welcome! I started young like you, and also got into fragrances at that time. I am not such an expert on colognes, so i will let the others guide you in that department.

On guitar, however? That's another story.

I used to burn up at least 8 hours a day, and it helped me to improve exponentially. I always worked on things that were TOO HARD FOR ME. That way, when I went back to review the things i was working on before, they seemed much easier.

One thing to keep in mind: ALL STYLES WILL HELP YOU. It is clear you are a Hendrix fan. But I recommend learning a few things(not all, you don't wanna be a clone), by at least a handful of guitarists whose styles are totally different from Hendrix. Makes you more well-rounded and prepared for more styles of music in the future. Check out some of the fusion guitarists like DiMeola or holdsworth, some of the well-rounded players in many stiles like Steve morse or Steve Howe, guys who took what hendrix did and pushed it to another level like Van Halen, the neoclassical style players like malmsteen(don't worry about the speed right away; his stuff sounds great at slower tempos), and it's always good to have a few simple classical or jazz pieces up your sleeve.

As a Hendrix fan, I welcome you too! On a slightly serendipitous note, I was thinking about Hendrix this morning because I received an email about this sale from his catalogue: http://www.hautelook.com/catalog/2342
    I didn't see War Heroes, which I don't have on CD, only 8 track...a Stone Age medium you may not have heard of. To deal with my disappointment I woke the neighbors with Band of Gypsys

Anyway, you have wonderful taste in fragrance and music. I look forward to reading more from you.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 9th March 2010 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
    As yet ANOTHER guitarist, welcome! I started young like you, and also got into fragrances at that time. I am not such an expert on colognes, so i will let the others guide you in that department.

On guitar, however? That's another story.

I used to burn up at least 8 hours a day, and it helped me to improve exponentially. I always worked on things that were TOO HARD FOR ME. That way, when I went back to review the things i was working on before, they seemed much easier.

One thing to keep in mind: ALL STYLES WILL HELP YOU. It is clear you are a Hendrix fan. But I recommend learning a few things(not all, you don't wanna be a clone), by at least a handful of guitarists whose styles are totally different from Hendrix. Makes you more well-rounded and prepared for more styles of music in the future. Check out some of the fusion guitarists like DiMeola or holdsworth, some of the well-rounded players in many stiles like Steve morse or Steve Howe, guys who took what hendrix did and pushed it to another level like Van Halen, the neoclassical style players like malmsteen(don't worry about the speed right away; his stuff sounds great at slower tempos), and it's always good to have a few simple classical or jazz pieces up your sleeve.
    Another guitarist ? I thought there are no guitarists here, wow !
    Yes, yes...
    I practice 2 hrs a day in the week, because I have school. It is very hard here, but I do have very good notes, only 9 or 10 now (notes in my country are from 1 to 10, no A or F as you think).
    In the weekend however... I rock the whole house (just kidding).
    Then I play, and 5 or 6 hrs.
    Also, I think the best guitarist in this moment is Malmsteen. Just look at the videos.
    Also, for other guitar players : if you don't have a guitar for 3 years, don't even try to play Jimi Hendrix music, just look at the tab and you will understand.
    The least you can play from Jimi is ''The wind cries mary'', because it is slow rock (80 notes / minute).
    You will be able to play Star Spangled Banner, Machine Gun, or other songs like Eruption (Van Halen) correctly only after 5 years or so.
    Now, I am planning on playing Enter Sandman and One from Metallica. One is hard to do, through.
    2) I have a good wardrobe ? Realy ?! I read here that some people have 800 (!) colognes ! Huh ?
    I have very good pieces through... My favourite fragrance from what I have is.... Kouros. Yes.
    That thing just never goes, even after a shower, it is pretty tenacious. People WILL feel it after 10 or 12 hours, belive me. If you have a very fine skin, it lasts 24 hrs.
    My second best is Jaipur, which has very good longevity too. Also, it was only 50 $ or so for 100 ml !
    Where can I find the EDP, I don't know !
    Last edited by Jimi Hendrix; 10th March 2010 at 09:05 AM.

welcome, but are you experienced?

PawelL

Welcome to Basenotes, Jimi!

Great taste - as well as wardrobe.

Take care,
    P

Welcome, Jimi.

Quote Originally Posted by RoteRosen View Post
    Welcome to Basenotes, Jimi!

Great taste - as well as wardrobe.

Take care,
    P
    Again, I am surprised about my wardrobe.
    I am very happy that YOU have great tastes too ! I thought that you will say that Jimi Hendrix is old now, but it isn't.
    Also, I want to make a band, because I have a childhood friend that also plays the guitar, and another old friend that likes very much drums ! We already did a song (Boulevard of broken dreams from Green day, with distortion effect)
    Ok, I guess will write reviews on my fragrances now.

Eva Pasco

Welcome, Jimi...

Keep practicing the guitar...long live your fascination with fragrance!

Welcome aboard!

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix View Post
    You, know, you kinda need fragrances more when you are in school or high school then when you are older, because this is considered the best period from a man's life. There are alot of girls to seduce.
    Yeah, go on ... make us feel like old cheese!
    LOL, welcome on board, you have immaculate taste,
    and your english is fantastic ... 15 years old, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Yeah, go on ... make us feel like old cheese!
    LOL, welcome on board, you have immaculate taste,
    and your english is fantastic ... 15 years old, wow!
    I am still 14 !
    Thanks for the compliments.
    My English is legendary, if you consider that I live in Romania, and that I am only 14, but, there is no one here in the 8th grade at least, who doesn't understand English. I am so good, that I even know that you need to write "English" with capital letter ! How's that !
    I didn't know I have such great tastes, and also that many people here are rockers. That's great for me !
    Now I need to go and seduce a girl. Really !

Hey Jimi WELCOME
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER