Code of Conduct

Thread: Aspirin Mask

Default Aspirin Mask

I read about this cheap and easy way to exfoliate the facial skin on a few blogs and forums. So last night I went out and got some aspirin and tried the aspirin mask. Although the results were not as drastic or immediate as some of the reviews on makeupalley, the mask definitely made my pores smaller and overall made my skin look and feel really good. The only thing I didn't like was the way the crushed aspirin tends to flake off bit by bit when it starts to dry on my face. It was quite a mess in my room and luckily for me I wasn't on the bed.

I know some people use stuff like yogurt and honey as a binding agent to hold the crushed aspirin together. But I'm looking for something a little more lighter...i'm thinking of either aloe gel or cetaphil. Anyone have any better suggestions for a better binding agent ?
    "A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed."

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Aspirin Mask

The aloe sounds good. Perhaps..... try an Egg white, or a bit of mashed avocado. I would think the Cetaphil would be too drying- but I'm not a big fan of Cetaphil-

Eva Pasco

I know there is much to be said for using natural ingredients as exfoliators or masks...but I really love Olay's microdermabrasion kit which offers the benefits of exfoliation and a peel for a nominal price because you can get many applications from it and you probably would use this once a week.

Banned

Use aloe gel, Jonny. I do the whole procedure once a week, and it's great.
    Although a word of warning: if you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid - which is present in Aspirin - don't do this.
    If you aren't - and if you have a headache - it's a wonderful 2-in-1.