Code of Conduct

Default Molton Brown Black Pepper Eau de Toilette

http://talkingperfume.com/
    nice site

Molton Brown Black Pepper Eau de Toilette is a spice perfume by Molton Brown, a London based brand.

Molton Brown Black Pepper Eau de Toilette main fragrance notes: Italian coriander, Egyptian cumin, Slovenian oakmoss, Indonesian patchouli, French violet leaf, Italian bergamot, and Nigerian ginger.

Default Re: Molton Brown Black Pepper Eau de Toilette

To me it smelled loud and cheap. A real scrubber. While I quite enjoy my two discontinued Molton Brown's, Air of Joy & Air of Calm, a look at the ingredients of their body care lines has led me to conclude they belong in the "lifestyle chic" rather than the "actual quality ingredients" category. Too bad, the cucumber shampoo does smell fresh.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I was very let down by Black Pepper. I am a big fan of the Black Pepper body wash and candle, but the fragrance was not up to par. Lasted little more than 2 hours and was just thin to me.

I agree with JWS,

Love the body wash, EDT is a letdown.
    "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Basenotes Institution

I think thrax owns this...hey thrax (yelling!) - maybe he'll weigh in with a review. Barry's comments nudged me to look elsewhere...

On another subject - I love the sneezingly good top notes of Ralph Lauren Sport Extreme, its piercingly strong black pepper - but then it dries down to that horrible boring Ralph Lauren Sport scent and I'm not havin' it. Still looking for a black pepper note thats a keeper (and yes, I already own Rose Poivree, but I mean black pepper minus florals...)
    Last edited by mikeperez23; 8th June 2007 at 08:22 PM.

The body wash is lovely and invigorating. I have kept it in my shower for years and will always. The fragrance is just terrible: very harsh and cheap. I have expressed this opinion, gently in the NYC MB shop and received a hushed "we know, sorry" reply. This was very sweetly acknowledged with a handful of samples thrust into my bag. Awww... Also even though others approve of the candle, I cannot agree. The fragrance is there but for the price the longevity isn't (once you dyptique, you always repeat... my mantra)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think thrax owns this...hey thrax (yelling!) - maybe he'll weigh in with a review. Barry's comments nudged me to look elsewhere...

On another subject - I love the sneezingly good top notes of Ralph Lauren Sport Extreme, its piercingly strong black pepper - but then it dries down to that horrible boring Ralph Lauren Sport scent and I'm not havin' it. Still looking for a black pepper note thats a keeper (and yes, I already own Rose Poivree, but I mean black pepper minus florals...)
    Hey Mike - how about L'Artisan Navegar.....I get lots of pepper here, and like it most definitely more than the Molton Brown.

I love the bath/shower gel and layer it usually with Donna Karan Black Cashmere.
    DONNA