Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 10 March

Good morning!

Yet another day in Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte for me. This is a perfect scent for this time of year: cocoa & vanilla fit the snowy cold weather, mimosa & lily of the valley the bright sun and the promise of Spring in the air.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, all!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Sur la Plage

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 10 March

My SOTD is Lorenzo Villoresi Piper Nigrum.

Top notes are watercress, star anise, mint, green notes and citruses
    Middle notes are pepper, nutmeg, olibanum, petit grain, clove, rosemary, spices and elemi resin
    Base notes are amber, styrax, benzoin, peru balsam, myrhh, virginia cedar and woodsy notes

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

OJ Ta'if. It was a perfect choice for today. I got up tired, slightly grumpy. I was standing in front of my perfume cupboard looking at all the bottles and just didn't feel like wearing any of them. Then I saw Ta'if. It is bright enough to cheer me up but gives enough warmth and comfort to get me through a cold day (it's even cold in the office, the heating is again out of order :-( ).

Tigrushka, your description of Eau de Charlotte makes me crave a sample to try. :-)

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 10 March

Jean-François Laporte, Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

Parfum d' Habit ( Original Version )

Notes of : Vetiver, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Leather
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

ROMA! Now I feel ready to face the world - well the boilerman,
    actually!

Basenotes Institution

Have a good day everyone.

I am sad and shocked because I have learnt a friend of mine died unexpectedly in the night, shortly after elected surgery . He was my age and a rare soul. He had one of those ever twinkling , kindly faces. He was just kind to his core and will be greatly missed. Everyone who knew him loved him for his generosity of spirit.

Narcisse Noir for me today.
    Last edited by Mimi Gardenia; 10th March 2010 at 08:10 AM.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Oh boy!

Hugs and positive thoughts all around. In L'Artisan Fleur d'Oranger 2007 from 30R.'s bottle (mine is long gone, it was 2005 version).

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scrubed off the Dior Homme I sprayed this morning,
    bacause I got my newly won Dolce Vita with the mail.

OMG! I had totally forgot how much I love that juice!

What should I do without the House of Dior?!

Féraud by Louis Féraud... Love it NOW (sunny and chilly)!!

Louis Feraud 2004 by Louis Feraud is floral green fragrance for women. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Pierre Bethouart. Top notes are pear, pink pepper and grapefruit; middle notes are cherry blossom, apricot, gardenia and heliotrope; base notes are vanilla, sandalwood, amber, musk and cedar.

So sorry to hear about your friend, Mysticknot - that is shocking news.

I have not been about much lately, partly because I am preparing for a long work trip, in France, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland, and also because I have been wearing a number of scents I couldn't spell.

Today is just Kenzo Eau de Fleur de Magnolia. I spent some time preparing my travel scent bag for the trip - I suppose I should sort my briefcase out at some point...!
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

VM, if you're coming to Belgium, I will gladly show you around! Or if you need info, let me know!

Musk Abyadh - Amouage
    Wishlist is pointless.

Sharing the House with Roberto in MPG Fleur d'Iris. Soft and inoffensive for plane travel.

Le Parfum de Therese Federic Malle

Started off the early morning in a sample of Christian Dior Pure Poison. This is the very first time that I have tried any other Poison since my beloved original from the 1980's, which was perfect and glorious IMHO. I am trying desperately hard not to compare it, but alas I fail. Pure Poison is okay...just okay.

SotD--my new (to me) vintage Estee Lauder Azuree or as I am nicknaming it, Summer Antaeus!

SotE--Zino Davidoff, in memoriam 1986-2010 (*runs to ebay to stockpile*).

I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Have a good day everyone.

I am sad and shocked because I have learnt a friend of mine died unexpectedly in the night, shortly after elected surgery . He was my age and a rare soul. He had one of those ever twinkling , kindly faces. He was just kind to his core and will be greatly missed. Everyone who knew him loved him for his generosity of spirit.

Narcisse Noir for me today.
    My condolences to you and your friend's family.

Basenotes Plus

Mysticknot, I'm so sorry! ((((hug))))

Robert Piguet Visa

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    I am sad and shocked because I have learnt a friend of mine died unexpectedly in the night …
    Let's hold hands, mystic. Last week I was stunned to learn that my client/friend of 15+ years has less than a year to live. Besides making me sad, it has caused me to relish all the good things even more and to realign life’s priorities.

Roma, kewart? I'm wearing Cadjmere (again), which Luca Turin appraises this way: “An abridged version of the woody-lactonic (in this case cypress-coconut) structure of Laura Biagiotti’s Roma.”
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Mysticknot -

Wearing EL Beyond Paradise and not too sure about this one - old flowervase water?
    Headed for sink....

reine

I'm so sorry for your sad news, Mysticknot. My sympathies.....

Bel Respiro
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Mysticknot and Quarry, I'm sorry for your sadness.

Happy Travels to Cello and VM!

My decor today? Bois d'Iris and a violet sweater!

Bvlgari Black

Basenotes Plus

mysticknot & Quarry I am so sorry to hear the news of your friends. Friends are so very special & precious.

Blessed traveling to those "on the road" (or in the skies, as it were). I put my husband on a plane bound for Puerto Rico this morning. Looks like he'll be home sometime early May. So my "Totoro" isn't home anymore.

My SOTD is just a daub of Sonoma Scent Studio's, Vintage Rose. Now this is more my kinda rose! A rose, quite pleasantly tippsy on red wine. She's got a nice buzz going, scent wise, even this early in the day.

I like it!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hello everyone!

I'm in vintage Cialenga by Balenciaga today - warm and mossy, and somehow soft and furry. Very nice.

mysticknot and Quarry - thinking of you today.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 10th March 2010 at 03:12 PM.

Warding off some kind of lurgy in Al Rehab's Oudy. It's a medicinal baseball bat!

Stay well, folks :)

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend MysticKnot! *big hug* Today is a day devoted to some law curiculum and fine cooking. Felt like wearing something warm and comfy ,and I ended up with Hypnotic poison.

Anarchy <3 !

Blog Entries

Guerlain - Sous le Vent

Inspired by the wet earthy smells and the first signs of spring.
    This snappy chypre is like a breath of fresh air.
    As the name implies, it comes "On the Wind".

Notes of basil, bergamot, lavender, tarragon, carnation,
    oakmoss, iris, woods, patchouli.
    Last edited by kumquat; 10th March 2010 at 04:03 PM.

This morning I'm testing one of FragrantCloud's creations, Oudh Out, a spicy, woody scent. On the agenda for this afternoon or evening is a test of Susanne Lang's Midnight Orchid.

After getting to sample DIY perfumes by several BaseNoters (Ancika, Ed Carruthers, and FragrantCloud), I have to say that they all can hold their own against much of the commercial stuff that's out there. It just goes to show that there's nothing magical about established brand names, fancy bottles, hype, or big PR campaigns.

My condolences to mysticknot and Quarry our friends are not supposed to leave until we're ready for them to go.

RHM you'll just have to come up to Boston and spend some time with your Basenotes family, we know how to hug and we smell good.

For those of you who would also like to visit Boston check out my signature for some news you might find interesting.

Wearing a new amber as I continue amber week.

Neil Morris Regal Amber

Amber is one of my favorite notes in fragrance. I am always amazed at the different way it feels depending on the whims of the artist composing the fragrance built around amber. It is especially fun to see the same artist take amber and interpret it in two very different ways.

Neil Morris has approached amber in a lush way exploring all of the softer aspects of the note while pairing it with smoke, incense and, most unusually plum, to create a memorable fragrance; Burnt Amber. Mr. Morris returns to amber for a second go-around in 2010’s Regal Amber. Regal Amber is a much more contained fragrance than Burnt Amber and it has one of the more focused note lists of any of Mr. Morris’ creations but the notes used combine in ways to make one believe there is much more present and makes Regal Amber something different than its older sibling.

The top of Regal Amber begins with black amber and maltol. Black amber has an intensity that takes the amber accord right up to the edge of unpleasant and by combining the caramel accord that maltol brings to a fragrance the opening stages of Regal Amber feel like a gourmand’s amber. This feeling disappears as black narcissus shows up in the heart and, as one who loves Mr. Morris’ use of narcissus, this takes Regal Amber away from gourmand territory and into something truly unique as the indolic charms of the narcissus combined with the top notes create a unique heart and one that persists and gets more interesting as the narcissus takes over and becomes the dominant partner with the amber. The base is a strong redwood cut with just a little vanilla. The vanilla serves to revive a little of the gourmand feel but the redwood really keeps the sweet aspects of the vanilla well controlled.

Regal Amber has amazing longevity and excellent sillage.

Regal Amber is another example of Mr. Morris’ ability to wring different feels from the same note. With Regal Amber he shows restraint and creates opulence.

Have a Worldly Wednesday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 10th March 2010 at 04:09 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Parfum Sacre (Caron)

Basenotes Institution

Jicky (vintage Parfum de Toilette) by Guerlain

Mysticknot and Quarry - ((hugs))

Today - Ava Luxe Madame X, the last drops of the sample I have been nursing for 2 years.
    The one scent in her line that makes me very sorry that she produces perfume sporadically these days.
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

happy is the bleu heart<3

I'm doing a full-on test of Oxiana today, thanks to kumquat. It starts out weird and mushroom-y, but then the myrrh becomes apparent. It gives me the feeling of cold incense. verrrry interesting! notes: musk, patchouli, opoponax and myrrh

hugs to mysticknot and Quarry. It's hard to lose a friend under any circumstances.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Mysticknot and Quarry: I am so sorry.

I am wearing Mona di Orio's Nuit Noire. What a delightful beast to get to know! It smells of bygone times in parfumery.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Let's hold hands, mystic. Last week I was stunned to learn that my client/friend of 15+ years has less than a year to live. Besides making me sad, it has caused me to relish all the good things even more and to realign life’s priorities.
    Mysticknot, I am so very sorry! Q- I know exactly what you mean.

Bonsai, Ta'if always sounds good to me, too.

Sakecat, I will be sad indeed when my Madame X is used up. Hopefully, Serena will reconsider very soon!

Today I chose SL Bois et Violette. Lifts me up every time.

Yesterday stats:
    afternoon: Apres l'Ondee
    Bedtime: Lubin Idole, very comforting

Life is in a crazy cycle right now, I must say!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Mysticknot and Quarry.....Sorry to hear about Your Friends.....Hope that all who have been under the weather are feeling better.....My thoughts and prayers are to all in need.
    Riverside Drive by Bond No.9
    Gary

Testing SL Santal Blanc....big mistake to do anything Serge-y with a queasy stomach! Eeeeeek!
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Wearing Guerlain's Apres l'Ondee today.

Kumquat, that is an amazing time lapse photo. Wow.

Wishing everyone a good afternoon and evening. Take care, all!

Mysticknot & Quarry - my deepest sympathy to you both.

Angelique Noire by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Mysticknot I'm really sorry to hear about your friend.
    Today I'm wearing Nu EDP again, this is quickly becoming one of my favourites. A lot of people hate the bottle but I think it's really cool, it looks like an odd sculpture when it is sat in its stand.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Big hugs for Mysticknot and Quarry ... I wish I knew the right words to comfort you.

Been a busy morning here in paradise...

SOTD: Chanel Gardenia

A sample of L'air du désert marocain. A bottle of this would be nice
    My blog about perfume
    (Norwegian language)

Basenotes Institution

Thanks very much for all the kindness everyone- you guys always comfort me.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I waited for the mail today so I could wear my new Agent Provocteur Diamond Dust edition. Hooray! Smells a lot like my vintage Coriandre but lasts a lot longer! APDD has some of the prettiest packaging and bottle I've ever seen, too.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Mysticknot and Quarry - my condolences to both of you!

Quote Originally Posted by *bloomy* View Post
    Started off the early morning in a sample of Christian Dior Pure Poison. This is the very first time that I have tried any other Poison since my beloved original from the 1980's, which was perfect and glorious IMHO. I am trying desperately hard not to compare it, but alas I fail. Pure Poison is okay...just okay.
    You go, girl ... The Poisons rocks!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Stetson tonight. Pretty doggone good for an el cheapo.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

((((mysticknot & Quarry))))

I started the day in Vetiver Tonka. I spritzed on Louve when I got home from work. I needed the sweetness of Louve after the dryness of VT.

Emma

MK and Q.....total bummer. Positive energy radiating your way.

Kumquat, you never fail to amaze and delight with your graphics. Today's is a stunner. Manymany thanx.

Aromatics Elixir
    today - this one always garners tons of compliments from all ages and genders.
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

MysticKnot and Quarry... sorry to hear about the death and illness. As much a part of nature as both are, it still is tough to take.

SoTD: Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere.

SoTE: Scents of Time Night Star
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!

((((((Mystic and Quarry))))))

Sending love to RHM< 30 Roses...any and all, my friends.
    Missing Brielle and ComDiva, too

Spent the day having lunch w/ Eldest Suave Boyo in Harvard Square...
    Wound up in his favorite Mitsouko, wearing the blouse he bought me for my birthday two years ago...

Waiting for J to come home at 5 am on Friday am ;-0
    La Rose de Rosine for bed ;-)

Good nifght, dear faces.

Wore LTBL to a conference today. Tested Badgley Mischka.... left without it, pretty, inoffensive, but I expected more.

(((Mysticknot and Quarry))).

Wearing Replique today. Take care, all.

Happy Birthday Guerlain-Lover! I am sorry I am posting so late--I hope you had a wonderful day! I share your love for Guerlain and today wore Sous le Vent

For the stats--last night's SotN was No.5 extrait...
    Last edited by Asha; 11th March 2010 at 01:46 AM.

Basenotes Plus

My SOTE yesterday was applied after midnight, so it's technically today's SOTD- right?

Any hoo I tested out a sample of Kingdom I must be naughty by nature because I loved loved loved it, and did not feel like it was as super skanky as some of the reviews I've read. With the untimely death of it's creator, I had better grab a bottle before it disaapears.

During daylight hours it was a second day in Trussardi Skin for me with matching lotion to amplify it a bit.

Hello again, everyone!

I'm in vintage Tuxedo by Ralph Lauren tonight.

Have a good evening!

Ange Ou Demon
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Blog Entries

Smile Re: SotD Wednesday 10 March

Today I wore Tumulte Pour Homme. One of my favorites.

(((Mysticknot, Quarry)))
    Today I wore Dior Homme. It is so calming ans soothing.
    Evenstar