Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: UPDATED JUNE 28th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    We won't be going after all and I'm sad about it.
    Oh, RHM, the rest of us are sad about it, too! (Especially me... I'd been looking forward to hosting you and introducing you and the DD to our enormous bunnies).

That said, you'll be deeply missed, we'll do some extra sniffing for you, and if circumstances change at the last minute, the guest space is yours!
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

RHM, you also cannot attend? That's too bad!

Basenotes Plus

We're not even making our annual girls road trip to see my family in Florida this year. We've gone every summer since my daughter was in 2nd grade, she's going into 8th now.

It came down to an either/or decision.

We are sending her to band camp. She can't participate in color guard unless she attends the camp intensive. Since she worked so hard on her grades, all A's last marking period & 3.9998 gpa for the year. (I'm kinda proud of her.) She wants to do color guard, she's willing to work for it, she's going to get to go to camp.

I know you all understand, but I still am going to miss you.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

My little girl was in color guard, so I can relate, good Mama. We share your pride.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Umm, guys? This is a teensy bit premature, but - do you think any of you could make it to NYC mid-October this year?

I might be coming over for a week...

I would so, SO love to meet you all one day!

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I do look forward to seeing posts of all the fun! My heart will be with you all.
    I will be there in spirit, as well. I hope you all have a blast!!!

RHM, you are a Fine Mama !
    We will sorely miss you, but Sof surely needs band camp.

Kisses to you both, heartfelt.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    Umm, guys? This is a teensy bit premature, but - do you think any of you could make it to NYC mid-October this year?

I might be coming over for a week...

I would so, SO love to meet you all one day!
    Nukapai, YES!!! PM me if you do come to NYC, won't you? I'd love to meet with you!!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    Nukapai, YES!!! PM me if you do come to NYC, won't you? I'd love to meet with you!!
    I would LOVE that!

Basically, I am so craving to meet up with everyone on here - but especially us girls, well, and SMM and Ody (again!) and Mr reasonable ... and, ok, a lot of you

I now have the perfect opportunity coming up to combine work and pleasure. Si says that we're taking the Gorilla gallery (lol) to NYC this October and I'm 'allowed' to come along as long as I can arrange a perfumista meet-up for the show as well, since we're worried that if we go to all the effort to schlep our stuff overseas and we end up with nobody coming, it'd feel like a flop. And it certainly wasn't in London; I think we had about 1000 visitors so far and the show is still running today.

So far the dates and venues are hazy, but they've said mid-October.

I want to stay for a whole week, so imagine there'd be some perfumery tour opportunities. I am already budgeting from my monthly money how much I would spend... *gulp*. Not a lot, but I have to at least snap up a bottle of Fresh Sugar, as per my US-trip tradition. I always buy a bottle when I'm over.

Default Re: UPDATED JULY 20th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

Hello everyone.
    Four days to go....Yahoo!
    I posted some information on the first post in regard to Sunday's event with Neil Morris.
    If that is the only event you are going to you will need to PM me so I can give you the address we will be at. It is a private residence and I Don't want to post the address up here.
    Looking forward to seeing you all.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

One more day to go!

To anyone who is withing driving distance.
    If you have all of a sudden realized you have the time to be in Boston tomorrow come on out and meet us.
    The schedule above is the schedule we will be following. Feel free to come join at any part during the day.
    The more the merrier.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Talking Re: UPDATED JULY 20th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

To all who went, I just wanted to say thank you for such an amazing time this weekend! I’m a local, but never knew how many great fragrance adventures were to be found in Boston! And as newbie, I couldn’t have wished for more wonderful company from the basenoters (& friends) along the way – everyone I met was just so incredibly kind and fun and generous and witty and knowledgeable (am I gushing yet?). My nose has still not recovered from all the perfumed delights -- visiting the various stores with their huge selections was overwhelming (in a really good way), and special thanks to the folks at Neiman Marcus who treated us so generously. It was also a huge honor to meet Neil Morris, who is just amazingly talented, and he and David Garten were so warm and welcoming and provided a fantastically fragrant and fun Sunday afternoon! And, of course, enormous thanks to Somerville Metro Man for so thoughtfully putting all this together – what a great weekend! Yay! Can’t wait to do it again

I can't wait for the full Bostonian scoop!

And Nukapai, I would love to get together when you come to NY!

Still recovering (by the end of both days, my nose went funny and was pulling "mint" from combinations of grapefruit and some sharp wood - but it did the same thing to David Garten, so I know I'm not *totally* crazy!), and still glowing from all the BN wonderfulness... WHAT a wonderful time! Not a usual occurence for me, but I'm a bit at a loss for words. Suffice it to say that whenever memories of this past weekend cross my mind (which they are doing frequently) I hop up and down with delight on the inside.

THANK YOU everyone, and especially to our wonderful SMM, for a truly fantastic experience...
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Fragrant Greetings to all! David and I both had a wonderful time meeting and sniffing with all of you yesterday! It's wonderful to see how differently the fragrances are on everyone's skin. It was so nice to see old friends and meet new ones. Special thanks to my "twin" brother, SMM! Quarry, sorry you couldn't make it, I would have loved to have met you!

Warm, fragrant hugs,

Neil

This perfumista should be wearing a t-shirt that says: "I survived basenotes Boston 2010"! Seriously...heading out to the Boston wonderland weekend, A La Nuit gently graced my pulsepoints. This morning I'm f'ing doused in Habanita! Which goes to prove, you CAN teach an old dog new tricks! The city of Boston itself is rich in history, brimming with breathtaking architecture, gourmet restaurants, cultural diversity, and the best of the best luxury boutiques! Nothing, however, compares to the loving kindness freely flowing through the basenotes friends (and their extended family/friends) I was so fortunate to meet. Our time together was short but precious. Life lessons were shared, in between the spritzing & sniffing. Come to find out I DO LIKE NOTES OF ROSE! Neil Morris' new Rose Tattoo was an instant favorite. (not to mention Burnt Amber, October, & Summer of Love! I actually bought them all!!!) Having the chance to meet Neil & David was one of the many gifts I received! Ida, Gabrielle and Mark ~ whose souls are now permanently etched inside my own ~ Joy, Lisa, Lesley, Catherine & Catherine, Adam, Jarvis, "Mo", all treasures beyond compare! Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge of perfumes, and of life!
    Nobody can put THAT in a bottle! I'll probably be on this "basenotes weekend high" for a few more days...but for now I'll finish drinking my gigantic "Southie" cup of coffee and fiddle with my camera/computer to try and get photo's online...xoxo
    Last edited by ubuandibeme; 26th July 2010 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    I can't wait for the full Bostonian scoop!

And Nukapai, I would love to get together when you come to NY!
    I heard today that the event might be happening as early as September! 0_0

If any of you know of cool dungeon-y gallery or exhibition spaces in the basements of New York buildings, let me know...

We're probably heading to Brooklyn.

Ooohhh, sounds you had a terrific time, June! I can´t imagine a better "high" than the one sharing time with nice people gives you!
    xoxo
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by musse View Post
    Ooohhh, sounds you had a terrific time, June! I can´t imagine a better "high" than the one sharing time with nice people gives you!
    xoxo
    Wish you could have joined us!

Quote Originally Posted by Nukapai View Post
    I heard today that the event might be happening as early as September! 0_0

If any of you know of cool dungeon-y gallery or exhibition spaces in the basements of New York buildings, let me know...

We're probably heading to Brooklyn.
    Nuks, I'm jealous of you going to NY! Wish you could have been in Boston...Send a note to Kevin Guyer (Ruggles) - he might be able to help w/suggestions for a venue.