Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SAVE THE DATE: 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

I'm going to make my reservations now. I'm going to leave Sunday on the noon train, so whatever goes on that day, looks like I'm out of it.

Mark, can you tell us when and where we'll meet up on Friday for the drive to Brielle's? I'll be staying in Framingham Thursday night, and need to know which commuter train I have to catch and which stop I should get off at in order to connect with you fine people.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

I am so excited about our get-together. I do hope everyone will be able to visit chez-nous for a nice meal on Friday. I will keep it informal (buffet style) so we will have more time for smellies.
    We are almost finished with the house, after 8 months its about time, well finished for the moment. So I hope everyone will enjoy my 1780 colonial.
    Please feel free to let me know of any dietary restrictions so I can work with them. i am going to be doing a few vegetarian dishes, for my darling ComDiva, so do not hesitate to let me know. On that note, I hope everyone enjoys homemade lasagna, meat free, lots of cheese and more cheese.
    And, mousse au chocolat.
    Oh, I am just tickled...
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

For all UK-based Basenoters and anyone who can make it to London in July, please save the dates between 14th and 18th of July if you're interested in a fun perfume event. You get to pick the day that best suits you out of those.

ALSO - all of you with amazing perfume collections, some cool stories to tell about your perfume passion, please see here and I'll explain more in a PM: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/254452-I-want-you!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Did someone say cheese?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Folks, this is important to know to avoid disappointment:

Colonial Drugs, that haven of 1000+ HTF perfumes in Cambridge, does not take credit cards!
    I just checked with them and this is still their policy.
    They take cash and checks.

Good looking out 30 Roses!

Nukapai- that sound great- wish I was retired and could do both trips.

yoo hoo, Mark/SMM ..... legendary cat herder. Will some of our activities require any admission fees separate from our personal purchasing, eating, drinking and transpo costs??
    Sync'in and Think'in in 2015!
    Currently wearing: Bois de Paradis by Delrae

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

For that matter, a reminder that Neiman Marcus doesn't take either Visa or Mastercard.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Good reminders, 30 Roses. I wrote to Colonial Drug yesterday (and included a link to this thread) to ask if they might have at least a loose list of brands they usually have in stock and specifically if they carry i Coloniali Yuzu. This was Cathy's response:

Great to hear from you. So glad that you like our window! We are working on bringing back the Coloniali line including YUZU. We will keep you on the notification list for it. How many people do you expect for your meeting? Have a great week-end. Cheers! Cathy B, Colonial D

I wrote back telling her I think we have about 10 confirmed. I also mentioned I knew they carried the Knize line, hoping she'd remember I was inquiring about that "loose list" of brands.

Who do we know is going for sure? Brielle and her DH, SMM, ComDiva, Chaya, Knit, Ubu, RHM, Leesee, Pomander, me — that's 11. 30R, are you coming??? Whitelace? Queen Cupcake? At one time Nukapai was hoping to make it. I was wondering what happened to Ed Caruthers, too.

I'm bringing my local cousin Pat, too- her world will be rocked!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

We take family trips to Boston each summer with our teenaged daughter, which include museum visits, shopping (including perfumes), the Boston Common (swan boats etc.) We are overdue for a return trip to the museum of Natural History at Harvard and I would love a repeat visit to the MFA-- looove seeing Dance At Bougival!

I think while she is young it's better for us to continue taking her on these family type outings. So, no, I'm afraid I won't be there....

I'm so glad this has come together, and can't wait to go 'asniffin' with everyone !
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Yay pomander!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Somerville Metro Man View Post
    Still trying to nail down times but the tentative places we will be going to are on saturday:
    Saks, Chanel & Hermes, Barney's and Neiman-Marcus
    On Sunday
    Brunch with Neil Morris (very tentative as I'm still trying to nail down place and time) Possibility to move Barney's to Sunday morning and Neil to Saturday.
    This is like herding cats and I am hopeful that by Friday I will have this all nailed down.
    That was Friday, June 11.

Blog Entries

Life has a way of getting in the way....Booo life!!!
    But I'm back and ready to schedule things.
    Full schedule up by the end of the day (US time) in this post today June 28th
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Blog Entries

Default Re: UPDATED JUNE 28th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

See 1st post for full schedule.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

W H A - H O O!
    Mwah Mwah Mwah SUPERMetroMan
    Last edited by Quarry; 28th June 2010 at 11:07 PM.

The itinerary is fabulous, SMM. Are there any special exercises I can do to get the schnozz in shape for all that SNIFFING??!!!! OMG, I am getting soooooooo excited.....

While I cannot attend, I just wanted to write and say how amazing and gracious you are to put together such an event. I will certainly be wishing you and all attendees a super weekend! Thanks again for your generosity!

I've had some unexpected expenses this summer so the money I was going to use for coming to Boston has been eradicated. I may decide to come at the last minute, and if I do, I will try to catch up to the group to at least introduce myself, etc. It is wonderful of Mark to arrange all of this and I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

Leesee-

I'm sorry to miss you-
    But I clearly appreciate your situation

Thank you, chaya. I was so looking forward to this, and to meeting you and the others. Maybe next year. . . . But I know you all will have a grand time together, and I cannot wait to hear about everyone's adventures.

Leesee -

We'll miss meeting you, but we'll do some extra sniffing in your honor!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Thank you, pomander!

Oh Leesee. I am so sorry you will not be joining us. Just know that if ever you are in the northeast, my home is open to you. Feel free to come and stay awhile anytime. We could do our own sniffing excursion. Hell, we could just go into my wardrobe and have a sniffing excursion spanning the last century.
    Do know that you "will" be missed.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

I do look forward to seeing posts of all the fun! My heart will be with you all.
    "No elegance is possible without it...perfume is a part of you." Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel
    Currently wearing: Memoir Woman by Amouage

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Awww, Primrose. I vow to take pix and spill all the beans on Boston.
    Those of us who will be traveling will be extracting the maximum fun and adventure. I virtually envy myself!
    I get on the train one week from today!!!!!!!!

glitter in my veins <3

I can feel your excitement! I wish I were going ...
    Currently wearing: Cinnabar by Estée Lauder

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I wish you were, too, Shades. I've long had this feeling we'd share each other's company one day. Maybe next year.
    Last edited by Quarry; 15th July 2010 at 07:38 PM.

Brielle, I appreciate your post so much. Thank you! And if I do get to visit the northeast, I would love to come and see you and do some sniffaging!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

We won't be going after all and I'm sad about it.
    We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men. ~Herman Melville
    Currently wearing: Sådanne by Slumberhouse