Code of Conduct

Default UPDATED JULY 20th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

We did a lot of little meet-ups all over the world last summer.
    Grant and Danielle have spoiled the UK Basenoters with all of their
    special events.
    Like those long ago freedom fighters in the Colonies us Yanks have to
    fight for our right to party.
    That means its time to stage a little revolution of our own.

This is an invitation to all US Basenoters and anyone else from anywhere
    else, including those across the pond, to attend the 1st Annual Basenotes
    US Weekend: The Boston (Scen)T Party taking place on Saturday and Sunday
    July 24-25, 2010.

1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend-Final Schedule
    Saturday July 24th
    9:30AM-Meet in the lobby of the Taj Hotel (15 Arlington St. Boston, MA 02116)
    10AM-12PM Choose your trip
    A.) T-ride to Harvard Sq. and a visit to Colonial Drug
    B.) Chanel & Hermes Boutiques
    To start the day we have a choice for those who are here to make. If you choose “A” you will take about a 20 minute subway ride to Harvard Sq. in Cambridge and visit Colonial Drug. Colonial Drug is a throwback to a more genteel age and they are stocked with various European fragrance lines not commonly available. One caveat is Colonial Drug does NOT take credit cards although they do take personal checks.
    If you choose “B” we will split the time between the Chanel Boutique where we will experience all of the Les Exclusifs which are available there and the Hermes Boutique which has all of the Hermessence line which are now available in mix-and-match travel sizes as well as other boutique only exclusives.
    1-3:30PM Saks Fifth Avenue Prudential
    The Boston Saks has a number of exclusive lines including By Kilian, Bond No. 9, and the only full Guerlain Boutique in New England. This goes along with all of the other exclusives to Saks.
    4-6 Cocktails at Neiman-Marcus Boston
    Neiman-Marcus is having a cocktail party for the Basenotes group along with all of their exclusive lines like Creed and Tom Ford Private Blend among others.
    6:30-8:00PM Barney’s New York Copley
    The Boston Barney’s has the full Frederic Malle line along with Byredo, Serge Lutens, The Different Company, and L’Artisan.
    Sunday July 25th
    11AM-2PM
    Sunday In The Park with Neil Morris- David Garten's Townhouse.
    VERY IMPORTANT-If you will not be joining us on Saturday you will need to PM me so I can give you David's address to join us.
    To bring this first weekend to a close we are going to spend some time with Boston’s own artisanal perfumer Neil Morris. Neil will share a number of his fragrances with us and most likely give a sneak peek into what he has coming in the future.
    Now you may wonder what this all going to cost. Unless we have to book a room for the Neil Morris get-together it will cost you nothing! I wanted to work with the local stores to try and keep the costs down and they all came through so there will be no additional cost beyond the ones incurred in getting to Boston.
    I hope this hasn’t come so late as to make it too difficult for people to attend and that as many of you that can make it will come to Boston in July.

If you are planning on attending please PM me and let me know so I can have an approximate head count. Also realize that you can join for as much or as little of this as you like.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 20th July 2010 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Sunday detail added

Blog Entries

Default Re: SAVE THE DATE: 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

DH and I will almost certainly be visiting in October for the 25th Anniversary of the opening of the MIT Media Lab (he is appalled that 25 years have gone by so quickly!), which will be sort of a class reunion for him as well. I very much look forward to reading everyone's reports and I'll be making notes for our October trip, and I'll definitely let you know more SMM when our plans have firmed up.
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Oh, I would love to attend, but I just looked at my calendar and those are the dates I need to be in Dusseldorf for the CPD market. I'm sad I'm going to miss this one that's so close to home.

I should be able to be there! And as a survivor of last year's Boston meetup on World Basenote day, I can say that SMM does an *amazing* job of handling the logistics on things like this. So if you're on the fence, you should definitely consider coming along.

Ooooh! Fun! I'm just up the road a piece, so I will be watching for details.

I will try to make sure to leave my calendar open for this :-)

Update?
    Its after the first week of may.

Sorry everyone life got busy and I was distracted with it.
    I will have a full schedule up by the end of the day (US time) June 28th.
    Thanks for being patient
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Default Re: UPDATED JUNE 28th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

1st post now contains details.

Default Re: UPDATED JUNE 28th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

Man, thanks!

Default Re: UPDATED JULY 20th 1st Annual US Basenotes Weekend July 24-25, 2010

Important detail added to the Sunday event with Neil Morris.
    If you are only going to join us for Sunday you need to PM me so I can give you the address of the private residence we will be holding it at. I don't want to generally post it.
    Looking forward to hanging out this weekend with some of you in the flesh.

Just out of curiosity, roughly how many people have indicated they're coming?

One more day to go!

To anyone who is withing driving distance.
    If you have all of a sudden realized you have the time to be in Boston tomorrow come on out and meet us.
    The schedule above is the schedule we will be following. Feel free to come join at any part during the day.
    The more the merrier.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlnd View Post
    Just out of curiosity, roughly how many people have indicated they're coming?
    Somewhere between 15-20 that I know of. I think some others will join in spur of the moment which will be fine.

Yeah, totally seconding what SMM said here: if you're going "hmm.. should I go or not?" Just come along. I had an absolute blast last year and it's a really great, fun group of people to spend a day with.