Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default DSQUARED² He Wood Ocean Wet Wood

Anyone tried this? I'm quite interested because it combines 2 things I like in frags. It has the violet notes of the original He Wood--which in turn smelled like Dunhill Fresh, something I absolutely enjoy. It also has aquatic notes, and I'm what you may call an aquaman.

Here's the description from fragrantica:

He Wood Ocean Wet Wood is a male fragrance that glorifies wood in its most spectacular surroundings, inspired by pure nature. It is a fragrant image of old tress in the woods, white beaches and clear water. The fragrance is based on the synthesis of three notes – ocean notes, moist notes and woody notes. Ocean note is formed by fresh and transparent marine accords, artemisia and ambergris; moist notes are emphasized by violet leaf, musk and violet, while the woody note is represented by accords of vetiver, patchouli, cedar and tonka. Daphne Bugey and Alberto Morillas are the noses behind this composition.

I'd appreciate if anyone could post a review or something.

Default Re: DSQUARED² He Wood Ocean Wet Wood

It is really nice, it's definately he wood but it has this amazing watery sea note, kinda like cool water (its better composed than cool water) definately not as harsh or synthetic very well balanced, salty & woody if that makes any sense?

*see below*
    Last edited by cescpistol; 9th May 2010 at 02:42 PM.

The title kind of sounds like a joke. Is there any wood in it? That said, the original is quite nice and will look forward to trying this.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

I can't wait for DSQUARED Morning Wood
    Seriously this one sounds like it might be a worthy aquatic. Where do they sell it?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

zat smell sweaty or what ?

Quote Originally Posted by Azsmells View Post

Best post of the year so far....awesome.

*see below*
    Last edited by cescpistol; 9th May 2010 at 02:43 PM.

HAHA good one! But back to the Fragrance, when does this come out? The description sounds very interesting to me, hope it smells as good as it sounds!

This sounds really interesting! Definitely would love to try it

We haven't even seen (at least here in the US) He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood and and we now have a second flanker.

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    We haven't even seen (at least here in the US) He Wood Rocky Mountain Wood and and we now have a second flanker.
    You're right! I forgot about that one.. who knows how long it'll be until we see this one
    Last edited by CanwllCorfe; 20th March 2010 at 09:04 PM.

Driftwood

With over 10 years on this blog, I feel it's essential to underscore that the noses behind the fragrances often count for more than the house (Guerlain, Armani, etc.) that brandishes its name on the packaging or the sales derived from a fragrance (my opinion only of course). I've been elated and disappointed so many times by fragrances, old or new, regardless of the press they receive. I think it's essential to consider who was hired for the job of creating the juice, more than the house who sponsors it. For example, L'Artisan issues amazing scents, but the ones created by Duchaufour are exceptional. Most fragrances by JC Ellena for Hermes are also considered outstanding.

In this instance, He Wood OWW was created (in part) by Alberto Morillas, a very gifted nose with a very long list of olfactory successes over the years (please google him for his creations - you will be very impressed).

OWW fits comfortably into the category of outstanding scents, probably because Dsquared knew to hire AM to create this latest offering. A salty and bitter opening segues into moist, lush midnotes with a tonka-cedar finish that is most pleasing. Sillage is way above-average. Go easy on the trigger. He Wood fans will be surprised as the notes are different. Aquatic with a twist with mouth-watering, incensy woods (lots of wood).

Pls try. Alberto knows his stuff and so do the twins!!

I tried it the other day on a strip - it's actually quite good, especially for an aquatic.

No surprise though, when you look at the talented noses behind it (Alberto Morillas who created the (in)famous Aqua di Gio, and Daphne Bugey who created the spectacular Rose 31).
    Sales thread here

Quote Originally Posted by lsp_NY View Post
    I was at the Nordstrom in Chicago the other day, and they had it available. I think it is slowly starting to trickle in.

Does Ocean Wet Wood retain the Dunhill Fresh similarity that the original He Wood had?

Hey sorry to revive this thread but I am really interested in getting this - anyone know of a way of getting this in the US? Particularly California? I read that some Nordstroms have it? Can anyone else confirm seeing it available? Thank you!

I found this site which seems to carry this fragrance and will ship to the US

http://www.escentual.com/dsquared2/oceanwetwood002/

anyone have any experience with it? Don't know if this one is worth a blind buy... esp with all this trouble but the post earlier about the purfumer behind this scent really has me intrigued. Anymore input to help me decide ?

bump - any more reviews on it? i am not sure if i like it - it smells very original tough - and you get definatly recognised... what do you think?

and why is basenotes always that far behind with updating fragrances in their directories?

Bumping this thread because Ocean WW is now pretty readily available on ebay and some online retailers. Any more opinions/comments on this one?? (before I do another "because I'm bored" blind buy)

Sur la Plage

A friend of mine has it and loves it. He said it is the best "marine" fragrance he has ever tried.

I personally have not tried it.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 1st February 2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I just came from Sephora and they don't have this yet.

I tried the other He Wood flanker, Rocky Mountain Wood, and it's really nice. I've never smelled anything like it. It's woodsy, floral, and its pepper note is really nice and gentle to the nose. It's actually created by the same perfumer as Le Labo's Rose 31.

This one is hard to come by, but I bought a bottle on ebay (blind), and I've tried one spray on my arm to see how it goes. To be honest, I'm really loving it.

I own the original He Wood, and the OWW is definitely what it promises when compared to the original. The combo of the aquatic notes and the underlying wood notes has me sniffing my arm quite a bit.

I'll give it a few more wears, and I'll let you all know what I think of the silage and longevity. I'd say that I'd give you all an analysis of the notes and drydown, but being a newbie, I know I would not do them justice.
    Last edited by Deevo; 11th February 2011 at 10:39 AM.

Tried all three now and Rocky Mountain is definitely my favorite. All three are in the same vein however.

I just blind bought this tonight on Amazon US. Paid around $35

Still haven't seen it at my mall I have a Macy's, JCPenney's, and Sephora. It'll probably be awhile.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Hmm odd, its in Sephora in Calgary... I tried it the other day, I can agree, it is the best Marine that I have tried as well.

I think DSQUARED² might actually be based in Canada. So that could be why. I'm not certain though..
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Just ordered a bottle of this. There's something special about this fragrance.