Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yves Rocher - Comme Une Evidence Homme

Please add to the database.

Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Comme une Evidence Homme by Yves Rocher is a woody spicy fragrance for men. Comme une Evidence was introduced in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Antoine Maisondieu.

Top notes are cypress, mandarin orange and bergamot
    Middle notes are patchouli, guaiac wood and cedar
    Base notes are nutmeg, pepper, rose and cardamom

Last edited by petruccijc; 30th November 2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yves Rocher - Comme Une Evidence Homme

THIS MUST BE IN BASE NOTES DATABASE!

It's great.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Still not in database.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Wearing this today for the first time. It reminds me lot of Bond No. 9 Brooklyn, and also of Express Men Honor.

Post Thanks / Like

Checked the notes...yep, Brooklyn and Evidence share Guaiac Wood and Cypress as components. No wonder they smell so much alike!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

It is sheer brilliance in a bottle! Best of the best from Yves Rocher...natural, sensual, rich and a base note of wonderful rose!
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

Post Thanks / Like

+1

Just bought a 75ml bottle in Paris for 20 euros and it's gorgeous indeed!
    It's a very sensual and sexy woody-spicy fragrance with average sillage and 4 hrs of projection.

Read Ericrico's splendid review about this frag as he can describe the notes better than I can!

Quote Originally Posted by ericrico View Post
    It is sheer brilliance in a bottle! Best of the best from Yves Rocher...natural, sensual, rich and a base note of wonderful rose!
    My Top 10 : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Solo (Absoluto)
    - Chanel: Antaeus
    - Chanel: Egoïste
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Amouage: Jubilation XXV
    - Dior: Homme Intense
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Slayerized -

Enjoy your bottle of Evidence Comme Une Homme, my friend! I appreciate the compliment and hope more Basenoters discover the beauty & depth this scent has to offer. A very natural composition from Yves Rocher (of course) - and so inviting.

All the best - cheers!

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Yves Rocher - Comme Une Evidence Homme

Hi. I got this today and I just wasn't impressed. I realize why now: it's the rose. When I first smelled this, I thought of roses and wild plants that give off an aroma when driving by, and now I find out about the rose as a prominent note from my fellow basenoters. It smells eerily similar to Masaki Matsushima's M:Men (not Male), and both were blind buys for me. I love a sweet fragrance, but I turned my nose up at Rocher's Evidence today- literally and figuratively.
    Last edited by karazzmatic; 30th May 2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: misspelled a word

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi karazzmatic -

Sorry to hear that. I must say...and please don't take offense, but I would not be wearing Comme Une Evidence in the balmy and humid south (Louisiana). Your temperature today was over 90 degrees Fahrenheit and very humid - cloudy with humidity over 60%, chance of thunderstorms! Even now, as I write this in the night there - you are still in the mid-80's with high humidity! While Yves Rocher made a wonderful scent, it would not be suitable in this weather.

Weather aside - assuming you stayed indoors in front of an air conditioner all day. Okay.

This is actually not a sweet fragrance at all. The opening has a wonderful, but not too bright mandarin orange and bergamot. The wood is very prominent (this is classified, correctly, as a "Woody Spicy") - cypress, gaiac wood and cedar, along with the earthy patchouli note that is deep and rich. And, don't forget the spices - nutmeg, black pepper and cardamom. This all leads to a very nice long-stemmed rose, listed in Yves Rocher's website as a "Floral Rose Facet". Not sweet, not dirty. Just a very nice note that creates a deep and warm feeling. This is comfort and sensuality - a wonderful intimate scent, but could also be worn to the office (a rare scent that has that versatility).

So, if you are interested in a swap or trade (or sale), let me know. I will not be wearing it until Autumn, but if you have a bottle that you will not be using...I could take it off your hands.

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by karazzmatic View Post
    Hi. I got this today and I just wasn't impressed. I realize why now: it's the rose. When I first smelled this, I thought of roses and wild plants that give off an aroma when driving by, and now I find out about the rose as a prominent note from my fellow basenoters. It smells eerily similar to Masaki Matsushima's M:Men (not Male), and both were blind buys for me. I love a sweet fragrance, but I turned my nose up at Rocher's Evidence today- literally and figuratively.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. Yeah- I only sprayed it once indoors and that was all I could stand! It smells very sweet to me- reminiscent of Masaki Matsushima's M:Men...but I am still discerning my notes. When I smell rose, I think floral, and when I think floral, I think sweet (most of the time). It probably was meant to be an attempt as an any-season fragrance, but even in cooler weather, it wouldn't make a difference to my nose- I just can't relate to the smell, and I have a pretty sophistocated sniffer (LOL).
    I would LOVE to swap. I have included a picture of the actual cologne. What do you have that you'd be willing to swap for? My email is karazzmatic@gmail.com. Let me know and Thanks!

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like

Oh- I know what you're thinking! I received this from Spain already used slightly- I only sprayed it once, and that was enough! It is the 2.5 oz. size. Thanks again!
    Last edited by karazzmatic; 1st June 2012 at 01:24 AM.