Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Voyage d'Hermes in stores !

A little update here:

I now realize why Hermes gave Voyage a soft release. It's not a fragrance to wow you.... I wore it yesterday and the night before from a sample, and it's quite enjoyable. I wasn't blown away, but I'm slowly being wooed by it. Growing on me for sure.

I now smell the mango from Jardin sur le nil, the mineral from TdH, the cardomom from Declaration, and the new lime-aide notes that I haven't smelled in a JCE creation yet. It's new and yet still familiar, just like JCE has quoted in the press release.

Very concise, clean and yet still interesting (the cardomom note is just perfect) and it's modern without smelling too synthetic. I still prefer the Hermessence line, but I'm really enjoying Voyage.

Two thumbs up.
    Sales thread here

This sounds like the Guerlain's Homme equivalent,launched by Hermes:decent,but easily forgettable...
    It reminded me of Body Shop's White Musk.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Excellent bottle design. I'll have to sample this

Here's what i get out of Voyage d'Hermes. Cardamom, there is a lot in the opening it seems. It actually starts off as a stripped down Terre d'Hermes IMO. As it dries a little bit it smells slightly saltier than the original -- kind of reminds me of the salt around the rim of a margarita along with a little lime. Doesn't project as much as the original, but is still nice. The dry down is like a stripped TdH but instead of the orange and grapefruit in TdH.. replace it with a light salty lime. I also get much less cedar out of this one. I still prefer TdH over this.

I'm still interested in trying this one, since I've just recently become a huge convert to Un Jardin Sur le Nil. Any similarities pique my curiosity.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

To reiterate for Canadian readers: this is available at Holts.
    Here are "probable" notes, which I saw on the 'net:
    * citrus (citron, bergamot)
    * spice (coriander, ginger, cardomom, black pepper)
    * green (artemesia, green tea)
    * wood (birch, cedar)
    * base (white musk, amber)
    Opens with lovely citrus, followed quickly by peppery spice. The spice blends effortlessly into woody notes with a hint of green. The birch has a lemony aspect, and that shakes hands with a sharp, woody cedar note.
    Some find this a lightweight scent -- I don't! It seems substantial (though admittedly translucent) -- 3 spritzes are all I need. Not as green as Jardin sur le Nil, not as birch-y as Declaration. Invigorating, refreshing, a real energy-boost.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

I tried this in Dubai last weekend and I really liked it. I got sort of a "Timbuktu" from the topnotes but toned way down and eventually dried down to a Poivre Samarcande mixtures of iso super e and black pepper. I really need to try this again.

Default Gentiane Blanche 2 ???

I walked in to an Hermes store the other day specifically to try it and they were nice enough to hand me a sample. I kinda thought it was ho-hum, waiting for a note to grab me in, but all I could think about was that to me, it smelled a lot like Gentiane Blanche because of the musk notes. Only until reading this thread did I think and agree about Jardin sur Le Nil, and Voyage did have a strong citrus beginning, but a bit more mellow, and then followed by the white musk notes.

One thing I'm noticing from Ellena lately is that to my nose there seems to be too many common notes that he uses in his palette that they all seem to familiar and come out smelling like variations on a theme with emphasis on a particular note.

I love his work, they're nice, but I'm not an outright fan of everything citrus. But for those who love citrus based scents, I think they'd appreciate the variations. If we were talking versions of amber, I'd definitely pick up everything he comes out with.
    Last edited by iMaverick; 19th April 2010 at 11:37 PM.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Gentiane Blanche 2 ???

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick View Post
    ... to me, it smelled a lot like Gentiane Blanche because of the musk notes. Only until reading this thread did I think and agree about Jardin sur Le Nil, and Voyage did have a strong citrus beginning, but a bit more mellow, and then followed by the white musk notes.
    Interesting comparison to Gentian Blanche. I love that scent, it seems quite different than Voyage to me. Namely that Voyage is quite bright and citrus-prominent; whereas I find GB to have a quiet and slightly dark, almost brooding woody-musk note that is very appealing to me. I do concede that there is a designer similarity at work here, though.
    odysseusm

"The force that through the green fuse drives the flower // drives my green age..." Dylan Thomas

Boring.

It's pleasant enough and refreshing. Light citrus opening with a salty aquatic drydown.

Unfortunately, you have to damn near empty the bottle to have any sillage or staying power whatsoever. First time I put it on, I put one spray on my arm. It was gone (no exaggeration) in less than 15 minutes. GONE. amazing.

Now I know why the fragrance is refillable! You pretty much have to douse yourself with this.

Quote Originally Posted by TalkingMuffin View Post
    Boring.

It's pleasant enough and refreshing. Light citrus opening with a salty aquatic drydown.

Unfortunately, you have to damn near empty the bottle to have any sillage or staying power whatsoever. First time I put it on, I put one spray on my arm. It was gone (no exaggeration) in less than 15 minutes. GONE. amazing.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

It's frags like these that make me realize paying $250 for a bottle of Creed is an absolute steal.
    Last edited by TalkingMuffin; 4th May 2010 at 11:58 PM.

Sur la Plage

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I thought I would share my opinion about Hermes' latest creation. I tried a sample two weeks ago, was intrigued and ordered a whole bottle. Have been wearing it for a couple of days, here is my impression:

- longevity is pathetic: either this frag develops a strong olfactory fatigue or, as others have mentioned, it has a very short life span: a single spray disappears within an hour and I cannot smell anything after that

- top notes: as others mentioned, citrus and spices dominate the opening; it is light, fresh and pleasant but not special

- mid: this is my favorite part: the scent appears deceptively simple yet well balanced; there is some cardamom but is is soft and mellow, not what you get from a spice jar; there is a bit of pine lingering somewhere in the background; there are abstract fresh floral notes with a hint of sweetness

- base: there is not much left by the time it gets to it given the frag's poor longevity

Overall, I liked it enough to order a whole bottle. I think this is a very pleasant summer scent: simple, modern and elegant. It is definitely unisex but somewhat leaning towards masculine, IMO. Anyone planning on wearing it, should carry a decant and be ready to apply a few times a day. Luckily, the bottle top is not sealed and opens easily for pouring out.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverwide View Post
    I actually think it's lovely!
    So do I.

Doesn't it smell like Eau de Cartier in the dry down?

I like it, it's a very refreshing fragrance. Definitely designed for a younger audience and I've had numerous compliments from ladies.

Many compare this to Declaration. Dost it have that sharp unpleasant "body odour" note that Declaration has?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Many compare this to Declaration. Dost it have that sharp unpleasant "body odour" note that Declaration has?
    Nothing dirty about this one. I smell a clean mineral and woody like white musk at the base. Citrus-wood-white musk.

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I quite like this one! It's nice and bright and cheerful. TdH is nice, but quite heavy. I'm a fan of JCE's style, so I wasn't surprised that I ended up liking it. Having said that, I don't think it's quite FBW. If I had the money it would be!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Misterben wore this this weekend from a sample, upon my recommendation. He said it reminded him of gin and tonic, and I found it had a nice spiciness, detecting a bit of coriander. On him, it had moderate sillage and good longevity (at least 8 hours).

yo bro i am from sri lanka, well where can i find this voyage d'hermes in dubai ?
    i mean the new one 2012 black bottle.... plz someone help me to get this in dubai??