Code of Conduct

Arrow How popular IS Versace Man eau Fraiche?

Hey guys,
    So I'm kinda interested in purchasing Versace Man eau Fraiche after reading many favorable reviews for it. Just one question: how popular is it? Is it worn by practically everyone? Is it among the lines of AdG, Issey Miyake, D&GH, CW, etc...? Will I walk into a club and smell it on 9 other guys? (I wonder if there's a way to check sales charts and stuff, but I don't know if companies release that info)

Part of the reason I got into niche colognes was because I didn't want to smell like the next guy. This is kinda important to me. So I guess what I'm trying to ask is - how often do you smell this on people?

Thanks for your opinions!
    Last edited by akshay03; 11th March 2010 at 05:58 PM.

Default Re: How popular IS Versace Man eau Fraiche?

I was actually gonna send u a PM but ur inbox in full lol here it is

Hey man i saw u where talking about buying the Versace Eau Frauche. I'm actually thinking off putting mine up for swap, it's kind of a Lemon, Apple smell to me, and great for summer. If you have anything in your wardrobe, you'd be interested in swapping, we can talk. U can see how much is left by watching this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRfd7T1d2II

I was doing a collection video. If u like anything else, we can figure something out. I live in NJ

In Spain it isn“t popular..............and IMO it“s amazing

this is one of those scents where you take a whiff of it and really enjoy it for a week then it gets boring aftwards!

You won't smell it on everyone at a club because it would have dissapeared by then... Its nice and refreshing for a hot day but thats about it. I'd consider going for D&G Light Blue (womens) for better longevity or Black XS for a similar but 'darker' fragrance.
    Looking for: Andy Tauer - L'air du Desert Morocain & Incense Extreme

Check out my NEW Aussie sale / trade thread here -
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/249...76#post1801576

hello Metalica77, i notice from your youtube videos you know alot about colognes, hope you dont mind,, i have a question' My question is about the Versace Man Cologne, i own the one in the light blue Box an bottle' which happens to be one of my fav's but recently when i was at the cologne store, i saw a versace man in a black box an bottle, the cologne smells TOTALLY different from the versace man i have come to know an love'' what is that about? is this black box different smelling V.M going to replace my beloved V.S in the blue box??? i know i sound paranoid but i love that sent,. an i wont like to hear they are replacing it or something with that new one in that dreaded black box, i don't like how that one smells at all

It's popular enough to be counterfeited all over the net. Be careful if you decide to order a bottle online. Ebay is full of fake Eau Fraiche bottles.

A friend of mine owns a 50ML of this. And he is an expert in buying the popular stuff.

I don't like this one. I would pick Chrome by Azzaro over this.

I work with about 100 people and everyone knows about my scent adventure I am on now. No one has ever heard of eau fraiche and I have gotten lots of great compliments. On me it lasts long time and I think it is so invigorating and awakening when I apply it. Really enjoy this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony87 View Post
    You won't smell it on everyone at a club because it would have dissapeared by then... Its nice and refreshing for a hot day but thats about it. I'd consider going for D&G Light Blue (womens) for better longevity or Black XS for a similar but 'darker' fragrance.
    +1
    If you really like this scent get Light Blue Pour Femme. It's got a more masculine feel than feminine and it lasts a lot longer than Eau Fraiche.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Light Blue for Women is nice but OP asked about popularity of Eau Fraiche. If he picks up Light Blue for Women he wont smell like many men, but like every other woman. IMO Light Blue for women in terms of popularity = Acqua Di Gio for men.
    Last edited by dreamer81; 11th April 2010 at 08:35 AM.

Still no answer on what is going on with versace man in the blue box , black box an kinda purple box, i know the fragrances are totally diff,.. they should not even go under one name where just the color of the boxes an bottles separate them,. i just want to know if im gonna keep getting the one in the baby blue box, or if its getting discontinued or something

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Light Blue for Women is nice but OP asked about popularity of Eau Fraiche. If he picks up Light Blue for Women he wont smell like many men, but like every other woman. IMO Light Blue for women in terms of popularity = Acqua Di Gio for men.
    Yeah I strayed a little bit from the purpose of the thread.
    Versace Man Eau Fraiche isn't overly popular but it seems to be one of those fragrances that is getting to be very popular. Also, the distinct simalarities to Light Blue Pour Femme and due to Eau Fraiches low longevity and projection, many people probably couldn't tell the difference between the two and Light Blue Pour Femme is very popular.

I'd have to say if you're looking to stand out, Eau Fraiche isn't the way to go. Although, it is a very nice scent (I've always enjoyed it but won't purchase due to the poor longevity) so if you like it get it. Or, if standing out is higher on your priority list then start looking for another one.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

thanks 4 the response man,. so for someone like me who smokes ciggs an must wear musky sents 4 it to blend properly,, what do you suggest? i like masculine musky sents but not overly musky ''

Quote Originally Posted by StillWater View Post
    Still no answer on what is going on with versace man in the blue box , black box an kinda purple box, i know the fragrances are totally diff,.. they should not even go under one name where just the color of the boxes an bottles separate them,. i just want to know if im gonna keep getting the one in the baby blue box, or if its getting discontinued or something
    They do not have the same name...read the boxes and you will see that clearly. Versace Man comes in the purple box. Versace Man Eau Fraiche comes in the light blue box.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I agree with Lonewolf about Man Eau Fraiche's longevity issues. I own it and enjoy the scent, I just wish the longevity was better on my skin. I will continue to use in my spring/summer rotation, but probably won't buy again. Try L'eau D'Issey for a similar type of scent with much better longevity and projection.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN PURCHASING EAU FRAICHE, nowadays they make it look 1000% Authentic and it smells authentic too, but only lasts 1 hour .

I found out the hard way.

It's popular enough to be mass produced in a fake version.
    Last edited by thierry mugler; 12th April 2010 at 04:02 AM.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

I think I must of gotten a fake
    I got a sample of this and it was amazing
    the bottle that I got sucked hardcore and had 0 longevity
    who knows
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab