Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Strawberrynet.com

I made a purchased over the weekend with strawberry and they are asking me
    for a copy of my utility bill. Is this a this a normal procedure?

Default Re: Strawberrynet.com

Where are you from and how are you trying to pay for the order?

I should say that I have used StrawberryNet a lot, always paid by credit card, always had quick shipping, never had a problem.
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 14th June 2011 at 04:35 AM.

Ditto - credit card no problem

Sounds to me like you're trying to buy without paying up front with a credit card. Utility bills usually mean someone is trying to identify you, and perhaps checking your creditworthiness.

Yes they do ask for that sometimes as to make sure that you are the credit card owner.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Lightbulb Re: Strawberrynet.com

Usually when I'm asked to produce a light bill, it's to prove that I live where I say I live. I've heard of people producing bogus checks and then having merchandise delivered to bogus addresses. The culprit lays in wait at someone else's address (he knows when they won't be home) and intercepts the merchandise. This way, he gets the merchandise, hasn't paid for it, and hasn't left a personal paper trail. I know you're not a scammer, but strawberrynet does not, and they're not in it for love.
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

"Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

"It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

I always used Paypal with Strawberrynet.
    DONNA

I paid with may Paypal account. I just wanted to make sure that this was okay.

It sounds like they're just covering their bases.

I would guess that they are just verifying your delivery address.

I would be cautious of a scam. Not from Strawberrynet but from someone else who got a hold of your info.

I think it is pretty sketchy. I wouldn't provide a copy. It could be used to help someone with identity theft. Better to buy elsewhere.

I buy my products from Fresh Fragrances & cosmetics only because they are based in Australia justl ike me :-) The first itme I made an order they also did a check of me and called me to confirm the details were correct and that I was authorised to make the purchase. OK it was $400 worth of products so I guess they also need to practice due diligence due to increasing fraud.

I'm guessing that Strawberry Net are simply doing the same. It isn't a bad thing as far as I am concerned.

It's fine, it's normal procedure with them for a first time purchase. I've buy from Strawberrynet call the time and have never had any issues.

Go to the starwberrynet website and use the CONTACT form to ask if it is standard procedure to request such information. Dont give anything out until you have a direct answer.
    Ive used strawberrynet for almost 9 years and never had any issues.

BTW, this thread belongs in the Internet shopping guides forum.

You may want to call them if possible. Any time I've ever emailed Strawberrynet with a question, I never received any sort of reply. I have, however, always received my product properly with quick shipping.

Default Strawberrynet Custom Charges

Hi people, I'm wondering if anybody who shopped with Strawberrynet was charged custom / duties taxes before they received their fragrance.

I am planning to order a fragrance and skincare product as well in one order and wondering if it is likely i would be charged customs. I called their customer service and they said they will not customize the packaging to avoid customs and they will attach the full price of my purchase inside the box so if customs do open it up they may confiscate the fragrance or they may charge a huge tax on it.

I am in Canada by the way so has anybody had any trouble with customs when buying from strawberrynet?

Default Re: Strawberrynet Custom Charges

I have made large purchases from Strawberrynet in the past and never had customs charges levied. However, I am not from Canada.

Default Re: Strawberrynet Custom Charges

Did you read through their FAQ section online? I believe they have a portion dedicated to customs information. I'm actually waiting on a package from them myself and recall seeing something about customs on there.

Default Re: StrawberryNet Custom Charges

Quote Originally Posted by Tappio View Post
    Did you read through their FAQ section online? I believe they have a portion dedicated to customs information. I'm actually waiting on a package from them myself and recall seeing something about customs on there.

When did you make your purchase? Yeah i have seen their FAQ, the thing with customs is the nearest postal office is a very long distance and i don't have a car at the moment, also I would have to call them back and their toll free number does not even work.

It's just extra work for me and i would probably prefer buying from another store that guarantees no custom charges.

Default Re: strawberrynet.com/

I paid duties when I lived in Denmark.
    Strawberry net refunded the charges 100%, though they are not obliged to do so.

Default Re: Strawberrynet has Pure Malt

Now if they could only get their shipping situation to the States straightened out.

Default Re: Strawberrynet has Pure Malt

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Now if they could only get their shipping situation to the States straightened out.
    What's wrong with their shipping?

Angry Do not use strawberry net=credit card fraud

So here is my story. I ordered dior homme intense off this site and it said it wouldn't accept my card .... then my card stops working. I call the bank they say "due to using it in a fraud reported web site, we have shut down your card." Pissed I go out and get another debit card. Works fine for a half a week until I go back to strawberrynet.com and order again in hopes of receiving dior homme intense. What happens? My flippin card shuts down again. So I'm on my way to the bank for a new card once again. 3 in one week.

BS

Default Re: Do not use strawberry net=credit card fraud

Banks may block a card for suspected fraud since the billing originates in Hong Kong. My bank called to verify my transaction with them after placing a hold on it. Did your bank simply suspect fraud due to the international billing or did someone at strawberry steal your info?

My bank just suspected fraud. They wouldnt verify if it was from strawberrynet but I know it was from the website because of two encounters.

That's a bummer.

Just because they blocked your card doesn't mean that Strawberrynet was actually committing any fraud.

Your credit card company is being cautious. I've had my card shut down because I used it many times online and in many different places all in one day. I just had to clear it up with the bank. Maybe you can too?

I've had that happen with Fragrancenet. I think they got blackballed because they redirect the customer to a third-party "service" that offers to give him huge discounts (or free shipping) on future purchases. Anyway, the third-party "service" is invariably a scam and the customer is generally oblivious to the fact that the original vendor has given them his credit card info and he's going to get dinged for $15 every month. He is unaware that he has "purchased" anything until he sees his credit card bill.

Not to single out fragrancenet because there's a lot of major e-commerce sites that do this, but I suspect this is may be what's going on with the original poster's credit cards.
    Last edited by ubergeek; 4th August 2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammar

When I deal with Strawberrynet I use PayPal, and have never had a problem with them.

When I ordered l'instant edp yesterday the paypal option was not there, so i paid by credit card. Today they asked for a utility bill which I don't have since they're all in my parents' name. Has anyone sent or not sent a bill after receiving this message? how long did your refund take if you didn't send a bill? any feedback would help thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ValyrianSteel View Post
    When I ordered l'instant edp yesterday the paypal option was not there, so i paid by credit card. Today they asked for a utility bill which I don't have since they're all in my parents' name. Has anyone sent or not sent a bill after receiving this message? how long did your refund take if you didn't send a bill? any feedback would help thanks
    I have not seen l'instant edp listed there for a couple months now and I check every day

It was early yesterday morning, they sold out really fast cause later on I checked to see if I can still add and it didn't. They probably removed it by now.

Keep checking cause I'm assuming my order is going to be cancelled, I ordered two bottles so they'll restock it eventually.

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

Default Rant.

I wanted to buy Pure Malt and it was still being sold on strawberrynet about two weeks ago for around 60 pounds.

A BNer said best not to risk it in another thread (not to me) so I assumed it was a fake site or something. Then I see someone make a thread about strawberrynet asking if it's legit and everyone in that thread saying it is. Missed out on Pure Malt because of that.

Thanks.

Default Re: Rant.

I'm not sure how to respond. Why believe a poster without doing your own due diligence?

Why not check the Basenotes Awards to see how well regarded Strawberrynet is?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...2011-Finalists

Why not do a search on Basenotes to see how StrawberryNet is regarded?

What lesson have you learnt from this experience? How will you behave differently in the future?

Basenotes Plus

A life lesson learnt, eh? Be glad that it's only Pure Malt. You gotta decide for yourself. After all it's your $ you're spending.

Have to agree with the replies above.

There is quite a bit of info on Basenotes about Strawberrynet, most of it quite positive if I remember correctly. You probably should've checked some more info before basing your decision on what one member said. And BTW, just because someone is a Basenoter doesn't automatically mean they know what they are talking about or are more credible than anyone else.

To the OP: You'll find it again - don't worry and maybe at an even better price!

To the OP: Basenotes is a great resource, but it's not the only one...put Google to use, and do a little bit of research. Just because a Basenoter says it, doesn't mean it's true.
    Last edited by shadesofbleu; 20th August 2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: removed off-topic remarks

To the OP: You'll find it again - don't worry and maybe at an even better price!
    Cheers, I actually also agree with the above posters. I'm just kind of bored so decided to post this thread.

I agree. I wouldn't fret too much. I think you'll be able to find it again at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't fret too much. I think you'll be able to find it again at a good price.
    How though? If Ebay is the only place?

From my research online reviews for strawberry.net showed many reports of fakes.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    From my research online reviews for strawberry.net showed many reports of fakes.
    Links please.

www.eopinions.com

Or just simply do a google search "reviews strawberry.net"

Not to worry Pure Malt is being re-released online next month.

A local seller has it for the same price as on strawberry.net. If you want I can pm you his contact e-mail so you can discuss with him.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Not to worry Pure Malt is being re-released online next month.
    Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by PaveLL View Post
    A local seller has it for the same price as on strawberry.net. If you want I can pm you his contact e-mail so you can discuss with him.
    I can't now because I bought Le Male instead. Unless he has more than one then it's not possible.

I've ordered multiple times from Strawberrynet.com (Muscs Koublai Khan x 2 /Dior Homme Intense) and never had any issues.

Actually, I think they may have had it on their website but either didn't know they were out of it or forgot to take down the link. There was that much demand and they had it that long after it was released? I don't think so. Also, right after people started mentioning it was available there, it suddenly disappears. That seems a bit fishy.
    Last edited by Stew; 20th August 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    I'm just kind of bored so decided to post this thread.
    Love it

Simmer down people

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Also, right after people started mentioning it was available there, it suddenly disappears. That seems a bit fishy.
    OK, so we're flooded with threads (on a very large forum) for days (or longer) by various members saying more or less they'll sell a kidney or barter their first born for a bottle of Pure Malt, or starting threads just to say that they want to smell it but haven't gotten a chance to. Then someone decides to post a link to a website that has some available. Shortly after it's no longer available on that site. In light of that it doesn't seem that fishy. :P

To the OP; Just camp eBay. I did and mine's fine.
    Last edited by Partario; 20th August 2011 at 03:41 PM.

I was saying that and the fact that tons of people have been searching for it for a long time makes the whole situation seem a bit strange. Where are the people bragging about how they just got in it the mail from there? Well anyway, I think I'm done with these boards, not really fun anymore. Enjoy all your future fragrance chats, Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by Stew View Post
    Where are the people bragging about how they just got in it the mail from there?
    I don't know. I know if I was able to score a fragrance that seems to evoke a riot every time it's name is mentioned with even the possibility of being available, I probably wouldn't tell anyone, just in case I wanted to get more or something. Plus there are WAY more lurkers than posters it seems as well. Just me though.

PS. Nothing meant personally against you or what you said when I quoted you. It just didn't seem as odd to me as you thought it looked.

Strawberrynet did not have it.

Basenotes Plus

Hmm... some people do need to take a chill pill. The problem with written communication is it misses out on the tone of delivery & loses a big part of the poster's original intentions. So try not to be too quick to take offence. Cool?

To the OP, how's the Le Male working out for you?

The reason you don't hear about people receiving it is because they hype it up so much that when they realize it's a toned down version of A*men with a whiskey note that lasts all of 30 minutes and basically the same patchouli drydown. It's good, but not the holy grail.
    Last edited by silentrich; 20th August 2011 at 06:25 PM.

Keep checking Strawberry.net, things are known to reappear there at anytime.