Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Rant.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The reason you don't hear about people receiving it is because they hype it up so much that when they realize it's a toned down version of A*men with a whiskey note that lasts all of 30 minutes and basically the same patchouli drydown. It's good, but not the holy grail.
    I get the whiskey vibe quite a bit longer with it myself, but the patchouli does come on strong in the drydown. If it gets on my shirt it doesn't usually want to come out with a single wash either.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    From my research online reviews for strawberry.net showed many reports of fakes.
    Dealers around this part of the world are losing lots of sales to Strawberrynet.
    I was in a local perfume shop where the girl behind the counter told me she orders from Strawberrynet!

Thus it would not surprise me at all if the competition put out misinformation about them.

Let me state that I've bought over 50 scents from them over the years, all have been 100% genuine.
    Any eopinion stating anything else is, in my opinion, either deliberately misleading or telling outright lies or made by some newbie who wouldn't have a clue.
    Regards,
    Renato

I've ordered my bottles of L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme and Dior Homme Intense from Strawberrynet, and they are both authentic and smells exactly like my decants from theperfumedcourt.

Also, FYI the second to the latest batch of Pure Malt is weaker compared to its original batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin B Complex View Post
    Proof?

I can't now because I bought Le Male instead. Unless he has more than one then it's not possible.
    http://twitter.com/#!/muglercircle
    scroll down a bit.

you won't buy any bottles of pure malt unless the seller as more than one? you're the only one losing out there.
    Splits!

Tom Ford - Patchouli Absolu --------> http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...tchouli-Absolu

Quote Originally Posted by Renato View Post
    Dealers around this part of the world are losing lots of sales to Strawberrynet.
    I was in a local perfume shop where the girl behind the counter told me she orders from Strawberrynet!

Thus it would not surprise me at all if the competition put out misinformation about them.

Let me state that I've bought over 50 scents from them over the years, all have been 100% genuine.
    Any eopinion stating anything else is, in my opinion, either deliberately misleading or telling outright lies or made by some newbie who wouldn't have a clue.
    Regards,
    Renato
    With all due respect I think avoiding an online purchase from a discounter is the best thing we can do. I know from my personal experiences that in the back of my mind I still wonder if it is authentic or old stock. That usually lasts until the bottle is finished! I tried overstock.com recently and I have no reason to believe they sell fake fragrances but there is good reason to believe they might have been sitting around for a while...hence the name OVERstock.com

I am through "hoping" to save a few dollars. I will only purchase from:

Bloomingdales
    Sephora
    Saks
    Neiman Marcus
    Bergdoff Goodmans
    Lord And Tailor

Etc.

I don't want the headache.

* Take online reviews with a grain of salt but as someone who writes honest reviews for their purchases I do feel they have some relevance to the actual product. The rule of thumb is take the worst reviews and decipher from there.

My decant purchases from perfumedcourt were a great purchase. I would not hesitate to use them again for sample purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    The reason you don't hear about people receiving it is because they hype it up so much that when they realize it's a toned down version of A*men with a whiskey note that lasts all of 30 minutes and basically the same patchouli drydown. It's good, but not the holy grail.
    I agree silent rich. But this has a life of it's own.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    I agree silent rich. But this has a life of it's own.
    As does fear of getting fake products....on the guy's side at least
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

With all due respect I think avoiding an online purchase from a discounter is the best thing we can do. I know from my personal experiences that in the back of my mind I still wonder if it is authentic or old stock. That usually lasts until the bottle is finished! I tried overstock.com recently and I have no reason to believe they sell fake fragrances but there is good reason to believe they might have been sitting around for a while...hence the name OVERstock.com

Bloomingdales
    Sephora
    Saks
    Neiman Marcus
    Bergdoff Goodmans
    Lord And Tailor

Etc.

* Take online reviews with a grain of salt but as someone who writes honest reviews for their purchases I do feel they have some relevance to the actual product. The rule of thumb is take the worst reviews and decipher from there.

My decant purchases from perfumedcourt were a great purchase. I would not hesitate to use them again for sample purposes.

Theres nothing wrong with perfumes sitting around in a cool dark place for a few years.

for swap/sale:

Bloomingdales
    Sephora
    Saks
    Neiman Marcus
    Bergdoff Goodmans
    Lord And Tailor

Etc.

Well, so far in this thread we have five posters - myself included - who are highly sceptical of any opinion that Strawberrynet sells fakes, given their individual positive experiences with Strawberrynet.

So far on this thread, there is not one poster saying they received a fake from Strawberrynet.

I do not believe the scepticism you are still expressing has any substance.

You're new notion that they may be selling old stock strikes me as unsustainable as well - the amount of scents they sell, given they fly in their own consignments to Australia (since they can't mail directly here any more) - suggests to me that they probably have a greater turnaround in stock than would be the case for a typical department store.
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 21st August 2011 at 04:37 AM.

My point is why buy from places where there is even the slightest concern of receiving fake merchandise? If it was a non issue there wouldn't be a thread on it.

Any threads relating to bloomingdales selling fake products?

My comment regarding old scents was not specifically related to strawberry.net. I was relating it to sites like overstock.com or other bulk sites. There is always a potential that overstock sites might get old goods. That is just the nature of the business.

Thus it would not surprise me at all if the competition put out misinformation about them. Let me state that I've bought over 50 scents from them over the years, all have been 100% genuine.
    Me too. And this week's delivery of Heritage, Kouros, Habit Rouge, Michael for Men, and La Nuit De L'Homme (Le Parfum) continue that run.

I had a very quick look at the eopinion site referred to, and the vast majority of reviews were positive, and the handful claiming "fake" were about cosmetics.

My point is why buy from places where there is even the slightest concern of receiving fake merchandise?
    I don't have the slightest concern that StrawberryNet sell anything other than the real thing.

If it was a non issue there wouldn't be a thread on it.
    And this isn't that thread.

Any threads relating to bloomingdales selling fake products?
    Got an atlas?

I'll post it again, if the collective wisdom of BNers has developed a list of on-line retailers; and Basenotes itself provides helpful links to online retailers from the fragrance directory, then they are great places to start, and a great way to support Basenotes.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/277...2011-Finalists

http://www.basenotes.net/fragranceshopping/
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 21st August 2011 at 10:23 AM.

Basenotes Junkie Vitamin B Complex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    http://twitter.com/#!/muglercircle
    scroll down a bit.

you won't buy any bottles of pure malt unless the seller as more than one? you're the only one losing out there.
    No, if he only has one then it's likely someone else will buy it before I can as I don't have any money to spend on fragrance for a little while.

Well, so far in this thread we have five posters
    Make that six. I'm pleased with with my Strawberrynet order as well.

Totally agree. It's competition from other retailers and infectious hysteria from people who can't tell the difference between counterfeit and real perfume that causes this sort of confusion. Of all places, I would have thought strawberrynet was the most obviously trustable! There prices aren't even discounted that much!

Exclamation How to order from StrawberryNet for US Customers?

Last edited by Dudester!; 24th August 2011 at 04:30 AM.

Default Re: How to order from StrawberryNet for US Customers?

I've ordered from them, and they delivered just fine. It's a little unnerving, but I have to say it did work as advertised.

Default Re: How to order from StrawberryNet for US Customers?

I have had no problems with them.

Default Re: strawberrynet.com/

Well my question is what is their phone number ! They lack one and I am so hesitant because of it. I mean what exactly did you guys do to order from them? Just click on the cologne you want, proceeded to check out, entered your information, were sent an e-mail confirmation, and then waited 1 week or so and boom it was shipped to your doorstep? All this and NO phone/vocal communication with anyone to clarify anything? That is what I'm concerned about. Did they at least furnish you all a tracking number so that you can enter it in the postal website delivery and see its progress? Thanks.

Banned

delete

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    Well my question is what is their phone number ! They lack one and I am so hesitant because of it. I mean what exactly did you guys do to order from them? Just click on the cologne you want, proceeded to check out, entered your information, were sent an e-mail confirmation, and then waited 1 week or so and boom it was shipped to your doorstep?
    Yes, that's how it works. As does most online trading. I recently spent over £6,000 in a single online transaction and never spoke to a representative of the company (not strawberrynet though, I'm using this as an example that this is the norm).

You don't have to worry about strawberrynet as most people here have said. They are trustworthy and legitimate.

Well my question is what is their phone number ! They lack one and I am so hesitant because of it. I mean what exactly did you guys do to order from them? Just click on the cologne you want, proceeded to check out, entered your information, were sent an e-mail confirmation, and then waited 1 week or so and boom it was shipped to your doorstep? All this and NO phone/vocal communication with anyone to clarify anything? That is what I'm concerned about. Did they at least furnish you all a tracking number so that you can enter it in the postal website delivery and see its progress? Thanks.
    Dude,

It has been stated several times on the news and tech savy news articles that if a website doesn't have a phone number it is a risky move. Having a telephone is common sense when running a business. When they don't have one that means they don't want you to call and would rather respond via email. I've dealt with these types of purchases before buying clothes and most are legit and will email you back. However it can be quite frustrating waiting for a response on a botched order.
    The banks do have a number in case you really need to contact them but why go through it ? Try sending them an email asking about a product and see how quickly they respond. I usually do the same with ebay purchases before I buy.

I just got over ordering cologne from target. I've only had it a day but I still haven't convinced myself that it's authentic. Although I have no reason to believe it isn't...welcome to online shopping.

Well my question is what is their phone number ! They lack one and I am so hesitant because of it. I mean what exactly did you guys do to order from them? Just click on the cologne you want, proceeded to check out, entered your information, were sent an e-mail confirmation, and then waited 1 week or so and boom it was shipped to your doorstep? All this and NO phone/vocal communication with anyone to clarify anything?

Yes that's how it happens. No, you don't need to clarify or check. Just get over yourself will you. FFS.

And of course that have an effing phone number.

Call Us - 24 Hours A Day
    International Toll Free Number
    You can call us toll free on:

011 800 6686 6888
    Please Note: You must dial 011 before the 800 number as this is an international toll free number.

Faxes
    To send us a fax, please use the number below. Don't forget to dial your international dial-out code first, followed by our country code (852).

Fax number: (852) 2811 5138

Write To Us
    StrawberryNet is located in Hong Kong, one of the world's most dynamic cities. From our secure, climate controlled, distribution centre we can reach virtually all major destinations the next day.

If you'd like to write to us, you can reach us at:

Strawberry Fields,
    No. 4 A Kung Ngam Village Road,
    Shau Kei Wan,
    Hong Kong

Q. Why can't I get through on the toll free number?
    A. Please bear in mind that our toll free numbers are international toll free lines, not a normal 1-800 local toll free number. You must use your dial-out code before the 800 number as shown on out Contact Us page. Please also ensure the phone you are using is able to call overseas.
    If you still can't get through or your country is not included in our toll free phone service, you can call us directly on +852 2591 0300 or +852 2811 5399 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
    Last edited by Dr_Rudi; 25th August 2011 at 12:26 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Yes that's how it happens. No, you don't need to clarify or check. Just get over yourself will you. FFS.
    Well said.

I bought a Bond No. 9 from strawberrynet and it was exactly the the same as the one I saw and sniffed at Sephora, only much cheaper

I think Strawberrynet is reliable but I have one big problem with this online store - THEY ARE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN RETAIL STORES IN MY LOCAL AREA !!

Chanel Allure Homme EDT 100 ml
    Local stores: 645,-
    Strawberrynet: 710,-

Chanel Egoiste EDT 100 ml
    Strawberrynet: 725,-

Chanel Allure edition Blanche EDT 100 ml
    Strawberrynet: 845,-

Why pay more for online purchases ?!?

I don't get it
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    Now with 418 bottles in my collection

Default Strawberrynet.com

I have been coming to Basenotes for the last few years observing and learning from many of you. I wanted to say thank you so much for all of the information and opinions that you have given.

I finally decided to join Basenotes because I felt that I should share a story with you about my most recent attempt at an online purchase. Now, This is completely my opinion and trust me, I wish that it hadn't gone this way.

I wanted to purchase a bottle of Dior Homme Intense. So as many as you found out, Strawberrynet.com had some for sale at $97.00USD. I first looked here, then online for reviews and although there were some negative, I found most to be positive. I went ahead and used my Pay Pal account, made the purchase and received the confirmation email. I inputted my order number on their website only to find a payment confirmation list and then a notation asking me to email them for more info. These are my emails and replies from Strawberrynet.com:

(Me) I was checking on my order on your website and I noticed that it said that it was on hold. Please let me know if there are any problems as I have already sent a payment via PayPal.

(SBN) As a part of our routine security check, we would be grateful if you could send us a copy of any recent utility bill under your name and billing address that you have entered during ordering through StrawberryNET.com.
    Please e-mail it to us so we can verify that you are the authorized cardholder.
    Please understand that this information is needed to confirm that you are the correct cardholder. By helping us confirm this you will help ensure our credit card system stays secure for you and other users.
    Please note that if no reply is received within 7 calendar days the charge to your account will be reversed.
    We apologise for the inconvenience and we look forward to your reply.
    Kind Regards,
    Ben Lui | Customer Services

(Me, frustrated because I just wanted that Damn Bottle) I paid via pay pal and I am, and have been certified through them. My payment was already sent to you through PayPal. I have no issue verifying who I am, other than you are over-seas and I find that sending you my utility bill is very unorthodox. Pay Pal has confirmed my credit card and address to allow me to use their services. I use Pay Pal for their security and piece of mind. Please contact PayPal for my verification or cancel my order immediately.

(I waited a day, did not hear anything. I then called their 24-7 customer service line and I was put directly in touch with Mr. LUI who told me that he would have and answer from my last email in an hour)

(SBN) We are in the process of verifying your PayPal payment for order XXXX. Unfortunately the documents you have kindly provided is not sufficient to verify your payment.
    To have your order released, please send us:
    1. Your PayPal receipt with the unique transaction ID for order XXXX so we can match the details with our records and authenticate your details.
    2. A copy of the page on your PayPal account that shows your billing address, and which credit card was used to make your orders.
    3. A copy of the credit card statement that was used via PayPal, to make these orders. Please note, this statement must show your full name and billing address as provided with your orders.
    Once we have verified these details, we will process your orders immediately.
    Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
    Kind Regards,
    Ben Lui | Customer Services

(Me) What you are asking for is absolutely ridiculous. You went from a utility bill to a copy of my credit card statement. I will not be forwarding any such information to you or your company. Your website never had, nor has any warnings about having to send personal information for verification. So, to accept my payment but then hold my product unless I provide you the information that you request is what we call Extortion. Refund the $97.00 to my Pay Pal account so that I can at least say that you did so when requested.

(SBN) Order number XXXX will be cancelled as per your instructions and any charge made to your account should be reversed within the next few days.

And now, this is where I am at. I opened a dispute with Pay Pal and I am waiting for my funds to be reversed.

I will say that I received somewhat prompt replies to my emails. Also, speaking to someone at Strawberrynet.com did make me feel a bit better.

My issue was that if I send them a scan of my information someone, somewhere has that and can completely use it for ID theft. Maybe what they were doing was legit but for a bottle of DHI (that is a PIA to actually find and buy) it's not worth the aggravation of possibly finding a bunch of fraudulent charges on my account.

I fully believe that most people have had good luck when dealing with this company but, I can tell you that it'll be my first and last interaction with them.

I apologize for the lengthy post but, I just wanted to share this with you for piece of mind in case you come across the same situation.

Default Re: Strawberrynet.com

Indeed, as someone who works in information security, I can tell you that you shouldn't need to provide any of that information for a legitimate transaction through PayPal. Someone on their end either has screwed up, has bad information, or (and yes this happens) it's possible you've run into a bad customer service rep who is independently trying to harvest these details for their own fraudulent purposes.

A paypal transaction, you should not need to provide any card information for verification. Just request the refund and buy your Dior Homme Intense from other online store.

Quote Originally Posted by Abo View Post
    I have been coming to Basenotes... I apologize for the lengthy post but, I just wanted to share this with you for piece of mind in case you come across the same situation.
    but maybe they had a reason to ask you for this additional info... I sold a few items on ebay and believe me some people and their paypal accounts had all kinds of suspicious info from the different names to the different emails to the non matching billing and shipping addresses! Sometimes it's not easy dealing with paypal when you're a seller and you always have to be careful with who you deal with. I'm not blaming you either but I have dealt with strawberrynet before and had the fastest responses to my emails and nothing but positive transactions! I'm sure by now your money has already been refunded.

No refund as of yet. Contacted my credit card company to open a dispute with them. Emails have now gone unanswered.