Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Default What do you guys Think of StrawberryNet web store?

Do you recommend?

francois

Default Re: What do you guys Think of StrawberryNet web st

They are very reliable from my experience, but their prices are ridiculous IMO.
    I mostly order from FragranceNet.

I have ordered from them several times. Great service plus the more you buy the more discount you get (loyalty bonus). Delivery is fast for international orders even though they're based in Hong Kong. Items arrived very well packaged.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Strawberrynet is OK because they sometimes have fragrances that no one else has. The one thing I don't like about them is that the shipping service they use requires a signature. Very hard to be there during the day if you work 5 days a week.

I just received Tumulte and Aigner in Leather today at my office from Strawberrynet.

I ordered them Sunday night and they arrived today. Not too shabby.

I was very pleased with the service and thought their prices--at least on these two--were very fair.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never ordered from them, because I think their prices are over the top. I perfer Scentiment- great prices, and reasonable shipping charges. I've been shopping with them for several years.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent service and excellent non US prices. But their prices include postage by registered mail. Prices from US dealers are a lot cheaper, but they either don't deliver to where I live, or they very often charge ridiculously high postage costs.

I like checking their monthly web specials.

Just be wary if you do place an order with them on the net, if the transaction doesn't go through at first. Many banks block transactions in Hong Kong to verify that their is no fraud involved, before letting them go through. So don't immediately re enter your order in the first instance. E-mail them and ask if there was a problem, or they'll wind up getting and delivering two orders to you.
    Renato

i think thet apply excessive prices

Post Thanks / Like

Default strawberryNET

i am thinking about ordering from strawberry net.
    but I was browseing Basenotes and read that some guy ordered twice and haven't got anything????
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) F. Malle 1-19 2) Chanel Bel Respiro 3) TF Noir de Noir 4) Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel 3) Dominique Ropion

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: strawberryNET

I have ordered many, many times from Strawberrynet and have received every single order. I definitely recommend them!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Thumbs up Re: strawberryNET

I also have used StrawberryNet many times and I certainly have experienced excelent service all the time. Their delivery process is great and prompt and I have always received what I ordered. They manage definitely a serious business.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

I order from StrawberryNet already for years and I have no one complain. Perfect and prompt service. They even refund customs charges (taxes) if you have to pay them in your country. Highly recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

further recomendation here also...a fine retailer ...never any problems for me...

Post Thanks / Like

I go with the flow....great site and they are keeping there promisses...Go for it..had allready ordered 6 times and never had a complaint...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious, is this poplular mostly to non U.S. residents? I'm just looking at the site, and at the top they describe themselves as a discount site, however, I checked out prices on 5 or 6 fragrances, and on all I saw the highest price I have ever seen anywhere online. So what I'm getting at is, for someone in the U.S., why would you ever think about ordering here, unless money is no object? I'm not trying to make them sound evil, but come on, a few of the bottles were double the price of other sites talked about on this forum, such as scentiments and parfum1. I'm just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

It is cosidered that price includes shipping costs.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markc
    I'm curious, is this poplular mostly to non U.S. residents? I'm just looking at the site, and at the top they describe themselves as a discount site, however, I checked out prices on 5 or 6 fragrances, and on all I saw the highest price I have ever seen anywhere online. So what I'm getting at is, for someone in the U.S., why would you ever think about ordering here, unless money is no object? I'm not trying to make them sound evil, but come on, a few of the bottles were double the price of other sites talked about on this forum, such as scentiments and parfum1. I'm just curious.
    They have higher prices because the shipping is included in the price of the product. My only concern with this site is that it is located in China and China is one of the biggest source of counterfeit goods, including perfumes...

Quote Originally Posted by Luca30
    They have higher prices because the shipping is included in the price of the product. My only concern with this site is that it is located in China and China is one of the biggest source of counterfeit goods, including perfumes...
    I've only used them once and it was when I ordered my Knize Ten and Tumulte bottles. If they are fake, I'm very much happy with them being so hehe. Oh, and I think it is in Hong Kong actually.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    I've only used them once and it was when I ordered my Knize Ten and Tumulte bottles. If they are fake, I'm very much happy with them being so hehe. Oh, and I think it is in Hong Kong actually.
    And Hong Kong is in China.

Some time ago I read a few reviews on BizRate.com from persons who bought from this site and claimed that what they received wasn't the same product as the one they bought at their local retail perfumery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shifts
    Oh, and I think it is in Hong Kong actually.
    yes they are. an imortant distinction. I see the higher prices as cancelled out by their incredible stock. Ive found stuff there that exists nowhere else in the known world.

Post Thanks / Like

Some time ago I read a few reviews on BizRate.com from persons who bought from this site and claimed that what they received wasn't the same product as the one they bought at their local retail perfumery.
    But Bizrate is not basenotes. Could be reformulations, old testers they initially experienecd or just plain untrained noses.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand if I look a little paranoid to you. Those of you who live in the EU or the USA are not very used with counterfiet merchandise, but here in Romania, if you don't go to a reputable retailer and pay ridiculous prices (in a retail perfumery a 100 ml bottle of Chrome, for example, costs almost 100 US$), you can almost be sure that what you are buying is not genuine; and, usualy, the counterfiet merchandise comes from China and Russia.

Two years ago I bought a bottle of Dune for my father, from Sasa.com; this site is also located in Hong Kong; more than that, they also have retail stores. When I received the package and tried the fragrance it looked to me that it was thiner then I remembered, somehow watered down.

I don't say that Strawberrynet sells counterfiet merchandise, but I think that those who order from sites located in China should be aware of the risks.

Post Thanks / Like

they offer a good collection of Serge Lutens scents at a decent price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp
    they offer a good collection of Serge Lutens scents at a decent price.
    Have you seen in any other discount online shop Serge Lutens fragrances? I think Serge Lutens (Shiseido) is very picky about the distributors of his fragrances; to me it looks a bit suspicious that only StrawberryNet has Serge Lutens fragrances at discount prices...

Edit:

Just looked at their SL prices; to me they don't have much of a discount when compared with the prices from Neiman Marcus, for example; SL at NM is 92 US$, at StrawberryNet is 91 US$. 1 dollar difference could hardly be called a deal.
    Last edited by Luca; 12th July 2006 at 11:26 PM.

I highly recommend them.

Post Thanks / Like

and, let's not forget, they ship around the world, while most of the US companys don"t...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just looked at their SL prices; to me they don't have much of a discount when compared with the prices from Neiman Marcus, for example; SL at NM is 92 US$, at StrawberryNet is 91 US$. 1 dollar difference could hardly be called a deal.
    That's true, but they sold Daim Blond and Cèdre (which are usually 120$) for the same price... If that's not a deal, nothiung is.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Post Thanks / Like

They are in Hong Kong, let me confirm (never used them myself). If you'd ever go to Hong Kong, you can stop at Sasa shop. They sell cosmetics and PERFUMES.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Can anyone tell me how to persuade Strawberrynet to stop spamming me?

I have been to their site and unsubbed from there. I have emailed them zillions of times.

In the UK, I think know which forces/legislation I can invoke, but it doesn't seem to carry much weight with Strawberry.

Polly

Quote Originally Posted by Pollik View Post
    Can anyone tell me how to persuade Strawberrynet to stop spamming me?

I have been to their site and unsubbed from there. I have emailed them zillions of times.
    If they don't stop, you should at least be able to add them to your blocked list in your email client. Your ISP may aldo have a provision to block mail from the strawberry.net domain before it even reaches your client.
    Vintage Guerlain, Maître Parfumeur et Gantier, and other rare off-site sales.
    Frederic Malle, Guerlain, by Kilian, and Amouage splits.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Thanks for the tip. Seems a shame, though, that what seems to be a good service lets itself down like this. It is not going to make buy more...quite the reverse.

Polly

Can anyone (or renzo) inform me if you had to pay customs duties for your Strawberrynet orders in Belgium?
    Stefanos

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to pay custom duties for my Strawberrynet order but they were really generous that they refunded what I had been tax even though I lost the receipt and only had the pick-up request document. They have a policy that if you get custom charged, they will give you a refund on good-will.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What do you guys Think of StrawberryNet web store?

Anyone received a fake/counterfeit product so far from StrawberryNET ?.. Some says they sell fake/counterfeit perfumes...

Post Thanks / Like

Default strawberrynet.com/

Hey guys! Do you now if strawberrynet.com is a reliable website? Thx!

Default Re: strawberrynet.com/

Ordered once from them, the item arrived (delayed in customs for a week but...US customs, that is.) Would probably order again if it was an unobtainable scent in the US that I was aching to buy.
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Looking forward to receiving my hard to obtain bottle of 4 Voleurs from them. Maybe the slow shipping will make the purchase seem more special in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

I have ordered from them 3 times and was completely satisfied with their customer service and product quality every time. I would not hesitate to order from them again. Although they are headquartered in Hong Kong, they ship from a warehouse in Sweden. As far as I can tell, they are very professional and totally reliable.

Post Thanks / Like

I have purchased from them many times and had no difficulty with their service or delivery.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

I've ordered from them many times with no problems at all.
    I love cologne.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nenugal View Post
    Me too..

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Whiteandchoo, check the City Shopping Guides Forum for feedback on online retailers.

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered over 20 times, no problem at all

On the few occasions I've ordered from them I've been very satisfied with delivery, communication and prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nenugal View Post
    +1:One plus for me!!

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased from them recently for the first time - no problems at all. The only holdup was in US customs, but I could track it via their website the whole way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBoy View Post
    Although they are headquartered in Hong Kong, they ship from a warehouse in Sweden.

Really?! Not when I've ordered, I always get my parcels from Hong Kong and have to pay taxes and all every single time.
    I've ordered loads of times and I'm very happy with prices, delivery times and customer services.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

I have shopped with them 30+ times since 2002 and have never experienced any troubles. They also offer a pretty generous reward scheme for repeat customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Price guarantee at Strawberrynet.com

More than ones,
    Strawberrynet.com has been made aware of an error with their Price guarantee email address.
    There has been no reply.
    And the error have not yet been fixed.

Can we take Strawberrynet.com serious on this issue?

Is there anyone in this forum,
    who have had benefit from Strawberrynet.com's arrangement, Price guarantee ?

Go & check it out...See what it says!

http://oth.strawberrynet.com/custome...e-and-payment/

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Price guarantee at Strawberrynet.com

what happens,
    when you mail this address:

priceguarantee@strawberrynet.com

Post Thanks / Like

A little pricey but second to none for those really, really hard to find shower gels and aftershave balms.

Default Website similar to Strawberrynet

Hi All,

I am looking for websites

1) where much of the good fragrances(Geninue) are available
    2) Ships world wide.
    3) Reasonably priced.
    4) Ships on time.

I find strawberry net being up to the mark. Any other sites that are similar?

Cheers!!!!

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Website similar to Strawberrynet

You need to check some of the threads over here for a comprehensive list of online e-tailers, and Basenote member's recommendations:
    http://www.basenotes.net/forums/19-I...hopping-Guides

Question Strawberrynet Customs Charges

Hi

Ive never ordered from Strawberrynet.com/co.uk but have seen quite a lot of positive feedback from Basenotes members. I am really interested in ordering several items from their website but as they are based in Hong Kong and Im in the UK, Im 100% sure that customs will definitely charge me once the goods arrive here.

What I wanted to know from Basenotes members (and particularly those in the UK) is what their refund policy is on customs charges. Several members have mentioned that they do refund customs charges which I think is excellent. However, in the UK our postal service (Royal Mail) charges a handling fee as well as customs charges. An example of this is when I ordered from CDWOW a few months ago I was charged around £12.00 on one bottle of EDT - £8.00 of this was Royal Mail's handling charges whereas the customs charge was only £4.00. I did contact CDWOW and they refunded all my fees however..

Therefore my question is - do Strawberrynet refund all customs charges and handling fees or just the customs charges?? Will they refund me £12.00 customs/handling fees for a £40 EDT?? Even if I order three items, will they refund me all charges which could potentially add up to £36??

I'd really be grateful for any info/experiences regarding the charges as I have my eye on a few items on Strawberry.net but obviously dont want to pay an additional £12.00 per item.

Many thanks for your help and comments

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Strawberrynet Customs Charges

My experience with their shipping to Denmark, is that Strawberrynet handle all charges. I simply write them a friendly note with a scan of the customs form (outlining all charges), and they have deposited the funds within a week or so.

I don't know whether the same will apply to UK customers, but if you are concerned, perhaps you would do well to email them about your specific case first.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Strawberrynet Customs Charges

I've not ordered from Strawberrynet for quite a while, even though I have a good discount from past orders.
    I always scanned my customs charge and Royal Mail fee and then e-mailed a copy to them and they never failed to refund me. I honestly don't know how they can refund the fees and still sell fragrances at good prices, it's a wonder they've not gone out of business. The best thing to do would be to drop them an e-mail first before ordering, just to make certain they will honour a refund. They are a good company and I never had any problems with them.

EDIT: Below is my first post. Since contacting them Strawberry.net issued a full refund, they communicated with me quickly and were highly professional. There was something very off with the bottle of MKK I received, however they delt with the problem quickly and satisfactorily. I would happily order from them again and highly recommend their service.

I recently order a bottle of MKK from them and while the packaging and bottle were genuine the product inside was an alcohol mixture with only the slightest hint of the real MKK. When I contacted them they said it was because of temperature changes during shipping. I'm pretty upset about it and so far they haven't fixed the problem.

If I were you I would pay the extra $20 and order directly from www.sergelutens.com. As this has been quite an unpleasant experience for me.
    Last edited by elliottbenzle; 26th August 2010 at 01:18 PM.

Once upon a time Strawberry was the holy grail of internet perfume and cosmetics shopping, i remember prices were so low.. it was crazy. As time passed i guess as even more people got to know about the site, they raised the prices and now everything there is overpriced.
    My orders were genuine, I've never heard someone getting a fake. Items are packed properly, postage isnt expensive, loyalty bonus rules and if you pay customs, you just scan them the reciept and they give you your money back. Thats why i respect them, but i dont buy perfumes there anymore because, as i said, prices really are over the top.
    chown -R us ./base

has anyone's transaction been on hold and they request an utility bill to verify payment even when you paid using paypal? they have not replied my email for 2 days after the initial reply from them!! i am very annoyed. do i have to keep sending them emails?

Last edited by Fletch31; 5th April 2011 at 07:28 PM.