Code of Conduct

Default Helping my 2 year old son become a cologne addict!

I notice that my 2 year old son seems to be almost as obsessed with cologne as I am. He loves to
    grab cologne off my desk and sniff the fragrance. I even bought him his very own bottle of cologne, which was Disney Cars. It smells about as complex as a bottle of Febrise, but he's gotta start somewhere.My wife got a bit upset because after spraying a bit on his neck, it left some redness. It would be a shame if the little guy had a cologne allergy.

Default Re: Helping my 2 year old son become a cologne addict!

Try giving him some of ur fresh colognes, not some piss water disney cologne see if he still develops a rash. If he doesn't, try putting some behind his ears. Before long, he'll have the same addiction as you lol good luck

I'm expecting a bunch of atomizers from ebay any day now. I thought maybe I could decant some aftershave for him. i have aftershaves of Acqua di Gio, Casran , and Zegna Colonia. A two year old could probably pull something like that off.

i wud consult with my family doctor and check if this is ok to do...imho, it's not..

Well..I was gonna' start my post by saying..."Oh, Don't Force Him"...But you mentioned that "HE" at "Two!" enjoys fragrances already!! that's amazing!!
    I say enlighten his senses!!! Give him some kouros, annick goutal, rive gauche, diptyque's Eau Lente, you name it!!! :P...But if the rashes persist...I think it could be bias of the fact that his skin could still be tender...or he might have a reaction to certain notes and colloids.

Though, it is amazing that your son at Two years of age is taking a liking to such an amazing art and lifestyle!

Awesome!!

- Balava -
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

I say stop spraying fragrance on his skin. The redness should be an indicator. Just let him smell it off you or spray a bit on his clothing.

Actually I'd +1 to the check with your doctor there. You might be setting him up for some allergies later on in life. Not that I'm a doctor myself, just cautious.

also +1 to application method. Maybe better to spray his clothes or shoes or something.

For a little boy I'd think an appropriate type of scent would be a light citrus, aquatic, or maybe something a bit fruity or sweet (like candy!)
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 12th March 2010 at 02:22 PM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir - PATCHOULI ABSOLU
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress, Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura, Azure Lime, Champacca Absolute

HARD TO FIND - Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

+1 to stop fragrancing that poor baby.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    +1 to stop fragrancing that poor baby.
    +1

Crazy people on this board

Why?????????????????

i put "cars" on my sons clothes when we go out, everybody always says he smells sooooo good!
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Spraying fragrances on a two year old....lol...madness. Who knows if he will have a allergic reaction or maybe sensitive to the synthetics in scents. I am no doctor but at two years old I doubt his immune system is full developed.

While your at it why don't you introduce him to single malt scotch whiskeys and cuban cigars. lol
    Currently wearing: Chypre Palatin by MDCI