Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which Angel Men version do you prefer?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Angel Men

36 33.33%
  • Angel Men Pure Cofee

15 13.89%
  • Ange Men Pure Malt

57 52.78%

Default A*Men VS. A*Men Pure Coffee VS. A*Men Pure Malt

I haven't seen a hreads dedicated to distinguishing between all three yet, just certain ones or two of them for the most part.

Which of the scents do you prefer and the strong/weak points of each? Angel Men is widely recognized but the latter aren't so much due to limited editions and relatively higher price ranges (although, it seems Pure Malt isn't so high anymore for some reason).

Pure Coffee is often described as Angel Men but replacing the tar note with a strong coffee scent.
    Pure Malt is often described as similar but uses whiskey instead and is said to be placed in oak barrels.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Default Re: A*Men VS. A*Men Pure Coffee VS. A*Men Pure Malt

I sent them a e-mail for a Pure Malt sample and luckily for me Mugler sent me every mens fragrance other than Pure Coffee. All of their scents are great..but I think Pure Malt is the best, I can't wait to get my bottle in to really test this fragrance out (its hard for me to thoroughly test with a sample. I noticed a difference in longevity when I used my A-men sample then used my actual bottle). I really really liked Ice Men and Mugler Cologne as well. B-Men would probably be my least favorite out of the bunch but that stuff definitely isn't bad. Mugler knows how to make a fragrance!

Quote Originally Posted by Jer350 View Post
    I sent them a e-mail for a Pure Malt sample and luckily for me Mugler sent me every mens fragrance other than Pure Coffee. All of their scents are great..but I think Pure Malt is the best, I can't wait to get my bottle in to really test this fragrance out (its hard for me to thoroughly test with a sample. I noticed a difference in longevity when I used my A-men sample then used my actual bottle). I really really liked Ice Men and Mugler Cologne as well. B-Men would probably be my least favorite out of the bunch but that stuff definitely isn't bad. Mugler knows how to make a fragrance!
    Thats funny, I sent them an email and didn't get squat. I think B*Men smelled horrible but I love their other fragrances. Mugler is one of my favorite as is Angel Men and I really like to try Pure Coffee and Pure Malt.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
    Thats funny, I sent them an email and didn't get squat. I think B*Men smelled horrible but I love their other fragrances. Mugler is one of my favorite as is Angel Men and I really like to try Pure Coffee and Pure Malt.
    Go to beautyencounter.com and pick up a bottle of Pure Malt man. They have it cheap at $55 I believe, and if you like Angel Men you will probably like this stuff. Hey and if you don't, you can always sell it and probably make a little money or swap it with someone on the forum for something else!

I'm a huge fan of Thierry Amen series. And I love Pure Coffee most. Amen is wonderful but sometimes too strong. Pure Malt has interesting whiskey note but it disappears too fast.

*resonant voice* - Is Original, Is Good!. Not the biggest A*Men Fan, though it is the better choice of the latter.

- Balava -
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Sur la Plage

The original is and always will be the best IMO. But the flankers are good for those who just can't handle the original.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th March 2010 at 10:14 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Yes A*MEN, until death do us part.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

I own all of the Thierry Muglers with exception to the limited edition ice men "ANGEL SUMMER FLASH" will somebody help me locate that one.

Pure malt is the way to go! very intriguing fragrance.
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

Pure Malt all the way!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Pure Malt - no question

I found PM to be quite interesting, but I'm not sure it fits into my conception of a wearable personal fragrance.

My bottle of Pure Malt should come in tomorrow, but as far as Pure Coffee and the original go, I think I like Pure Coffee just a little bit more than the original. I usually end up picking the original if I'm wearing it as my scent of the day though, and Pure Coffee if I'm wearing it during the evening or night. They're both five-star fragrances as far as I'm concerned. My area never got in any Pure Malt testers as far as I was able to tell (and trust me, I was looking), so I'm excited to get this bottle in.
    I refuse to sink.

I had the original Angel Men two years ago and sold it here on Basenotes. I enjoyed the drydown and longevity of the fragrance, but the top and middle notes were too cloying for me and made me get headaches.

I bought Pure Malt a few days ago and I think TM should replace Angel Men with this! This is a lot better version of Angel Men. Gone is the cloyingly sweet beginning, and the basenotes have been enhanced so that they are a lot better (there's a bit of whiskey in there).

I have a sample of Pure Coffee and it's no better than Angel Men for me. The burnt coffee really doesn't help to relieve my headaches.

Pure Malt all the way!

Pure Malt is the best imo

I just wanted to point out that, although may sound offensive, I dont understand what is up with people who JUST started into the fragrance world and already get ahold of Pure Malt without even knowing the original

I mean I saw newbies with like 2-3 back up bottles of Pure Malt and I'm thinking they only got it because the youtube reviewers recommend it so much.

Once again, nothing bad, just wanted to point it out
    Last edited by Abakus; 14th March 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Have since changed my mind about this fragrance. It's awesome!

{Deleted old post}
    Last edited by Shaheen; 21st September 2010 at 06:43 PM.

PawelL

A*Men definitely!

Coffee...the other two are just too sweet and overbearing for me. Coffee is nice and dry, a little more subtle, and infinitely more wearable, IMO.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Just 1 question about Pure Malt and A*Men difference. I sampled A*Men on skin just once and it was before I sampled Pure Malt.
    Do they really share drydown? I found out that my favourite part of Pure Malt are basenotes. Top notes are great but they doesnt last long and middle notes are weird. So if my favourite part of Pure Malt is drydown, will I get same result (and better middle notes and sillage) with original A*men?
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer81 View Post
    Just 1 question about Pure Malt and A*Men difference. I sampled A*Men on skin just once and it was before I sampled Pure Malt.
    Do they really share drydown? I found out that my favourite part of Pure Malt are basenotes. Top notes are great but they doesnt last long and middle notes are weird. So if my favourite part of Pure Malt is drydown, will I get same result (and better middle notes and sillage) with original A*men?
    To my nose, PM is basically a tone down version of A*men with the fugly patchouli muted out and a short-lasting different opening. I think PM is more gourmand than A*Men. With PM I can easily detect chocolate, caramel and vanilla while with A*men the patchouli is just so screamy, so over-bearing that it over shadow everything else and it makes A*Men end up smelling like sweaty, stinky armpit

Quote Originally Posted by jasonx View Post
    To my nose, PM is basically a tone down version of A*men with the fugly patchouli muted out and a short-lasting different opening. I think PM is more gourmand than A*Men. With PM I can easily detect chocolate, caramel and vanilla while with A*men the patchouli is just so screamy, so over-bearing that it over shadow everything else and it makes A*Men end up smelling like sweaty, stinky armpit
    Thank you. Patchouli is that sweet ?floral? note that also plays major role in female version of Angel? I love that one
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

Patchouli smells spicy, heavy and a bit sweet to my nose
    Acqua di Giò is my guilty pleasure. What's yours?

Pure Coffee......
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Pure Malt. Pure Coffee would have won if I enjoyed the coffee note more. To me it smelled like it was stale or something. New Haarlem will do just fine though.. when I get it! Though I still need to track out a sample. I only smelled it on a card.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking