Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Friday 12 March

Good morning!

Annick Goutal Eau de Charlotte for the 7th day in a row for me.

Have a fantastic Friday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Default Re: SotD Friday 12 March

My newest possession, I looove it ...

Basenotes Institution

Oh Djinn- you smell good ! This is not my fave Poison flanker but it has grown on me.

Causing a commotion in Fracas . This perfume holds a special place in my heart for it's one of those that seems to work subliminally on my husband ......
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Morning all,

joining the Poison family in Tendre Poison edt. Loving the dry down! It seems to come with promises of spring.
    Last edited by trikkirikki; 12th March 2010 at 05:28 AM.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Friday 12 March

Mathilde Laurent's Roadster

Cartier

Notes of : Labdanum, Patchouli, Vanilla, Bergamot, Mint, Vetiver
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

My goodness Tiggs you'll soon be running out of that Eau de Charlotte.
    You're making me want to try some!
    Roberto that is some bottle that Cartier has come up with.
    I am liberally sprayed with Rive Gauche and freezing for yet another day
    whilst my boiler is replaced!! Actually a dear friend did lend me a couple
    of electric fires, but they only heat two rooms - guess I'm trapped!

Guerlain - Terracotta Voile d'Ete today. Great for a not-winter-anymore but not-spring-yet gray day.

Annick Goutal Le Jasmin , so up lifting my mood into this ugly , rainy , cloudy , cold day .
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die, too (TW)

Io Capri - Carthusia
    Wishlist is pointless.

Getting ready for bed after a long day at work. Hope everyone will have/is having a lovely Friday. 30 Roses, I was glad to read your update on the Thursday SoTD thread. Thinking of you and your family.

For some reason, I keep smelling remnants of perfumes past around me as I type this. Not past as in distant past, but past as in scents I sprayed earlier this week. Maybe this happens all the time and I have just now become aware of it. Or maybe something more interesting is at work here. I will post again when I pick my scent for today. Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

Just going off to dreamlandery late-In Gres Cabaret Have a great day, those who are already up and productive.

Amouage - GOLD
    PM: Mitsouko
    Last edited by Coconut; 13th March 2010 at 12:30 AM.

Eva Pasco

Good morning to all!

Stepping out in Elizabeth Taylor Gardenia...anything gardenia is my anchor lately.

"Where the soul is full of peace and joy, outward surroundings and circumstances are of comparatively little account." Hannah Whithall Smith

May each of us embark on a day filled with peace and joy...

Immanuel Kant's Critique of Judgment juxtaposes the beautiful and the sublime. The beautiful is ordered and pleasing because of its symmetry and our ability to comprehend that organization. The sublime shocks and frightens by virtue of being something that our understanding cannot order or contain... it does violence to our imagination and gives us a perverse pleasure in reminding us of our inadequate smallness.

Jean Patou's Sublime edp lives up to its name for me.

The citrus, jasmine, patchouli and sandalwood combine to bring a rich and creamy flowering oriental that never ceases to fascinate.

Happy Friday!
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Antaeusintheair: How delightful to think about Kant before 7AM!

I am wearing 1804. My younger daughter asked, as her holiday gift, to choose the next haircut for my small dog. So poor dog is off to the groomers this morning and will emerge with paw puffs and ear puffs! Poor guy.

happy is the bleu heart<3

Bothered by insomnia last night and facing a tough day today, I turn to my old friend, Angel.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus

Running out the door to a dr appointment...wearing Rosine's Rosa Flamenca and smelling fabulous!

Hugs to all of you!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Hillaire

Best luck to your shadesof blue, from a fellow can't-sleeper.

Coincidentally, I have just slathered myself in Sacrebleu, and I am off to the elementary school!

Oh RedHot you smell HEAVENLY - Rosa Flamenca is my totally favoritest Rosine.

Awoke feeling lady-like (don't ask me where THAT came from) so have reached for...

....a gift from the incomparable Mouse
    "The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Good morning all I can totally relate to not being able to sleep...It's a bit of a bad pattern... When I can't sleep I have a hard time getting up too. Looking outside it's nothing that gives promises of spring anytime soon( MORE snow!!) It's weird how my tatste in perfumes seem to change. Looking at my statistics for this month I'm already on 3 wears with Samsara. This is also my sotd. I used to detest it! I'm glad to see that 30Roses seem to get on with her life *big hug*. Have a great weekend everyone...(know I will).I EVEN have the weekend off!!!!

Trying out Christian Dior Miss Dior Cherie... very pretty, but too sweet for me personally.

Basenotes Plus

Hugs to 30Roses and wishing Shades and any other sleep-deprived souls a better night's rest tonight.

It's rainy and chilly this morning. Borsari Violetta di Parma is feeling (and smelling!) apropos for the weather.

Happy Friday, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

L de Lolita Lempicka for today.

Have an ultrasound this afternoon, am happy and nervous all at once.....still needing my citruses, so I'll head for TDC Divine Bergamote

Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

This AM, it was Calypso Fig... Which I didn't completely like... I guess it's time to reapply something else, but I don't know what... :/

Montale Sweet Oriental Dream it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    For some reason, I keep smelling remnants of perfumes past around me as I type this. Not past as in distant past, but past as in scents I sprayed earlier this week. Maybe this happens all the time and I have just now become aware of it. Or maybe something more interesting is at work here. I will post again when I pick my scent for today. Take care, all.
    I have the same thing happen occasionally.
    So far, I've found the following:
    - If I use oil-based scents (which I do a lot), I am more likely to pick up sniffs of prior scents.
    - Winter coats, scarves etc tend to "lock" fragrance. On coats - the sleeves tend to be the area that picks up the most.
    - Some scents are just that stubborn....

As a result, I find I unconsciously "trend". This week, stuff with a touch of leather or herbs (wearing Kilians Cruel Intentions, which is more leathery today than I remember). Last week - vanilla. Next week - who knows....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Plus

No 5 EDP.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Finishing my amber week with one of my newest amber finds.

Soivohle Amberene

One of the enjoyable aspects of having the group of artisanal perfumers that have arisen in perfume is they don’t have to choose to play it safe. They are allowed to follow their artistic vision and because they aren’t playing to a mass audience they can make choices in materials and composition that bigger Houses don’t have the freedom to do. Liz Zorn is one of these artisanal perfumers and her Soivohle brand has some of the most interesting compositions out there. What is especially interesting is when a perfumer, like Ms. Zorn, chooses to interpret a well traveled note like amber and add her own twist to it.

Her perfume Amberene is that take on amber and she somehow takes a note that I have variously described, many times, as warm or medicinal or edgy; and makes it bright and shiny. She does this by using notes that would normally add a heft to a fragrance and by adding them in with a light hand she keeps Amberene a sprightly nimble fragrance on my skin.

Amberene begins with a fanfare of cardamom which comes across almost lemony in its brightness. The amber is present right at the beginning too but in a far off way like it is on its way but not quite there. The heart takes incense and adds it to the amber, but this is a light incense, and while the amber intensifies in the heart the incense stays at a distance. This makes it almost a grace note in relation to the amber but this works better than you might imagine as the resinous character of the incense never overwhelms and instead drifts as if on a breeze over the amber base of Amberene. The base takes a turn for the sweet with the introduction of vanilla but as with the incense in the heart the vanilla is kept modulated and it never takes Amberene into the sweet territory that vanilla sometimes imparts to a fragrance.

Amberene has above average longevity and modest sillage.

Ms. Zorn has taken amber and really created almost a classic eau de cologne splash out of it as it feels refreshing when I wear it. She just might have created the ideal warm-weather amber fragrance in Amberene.

Have a Felicitous Friday everyone.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

I´m also joining the insomniac gang today.

Too tired to read all your posts right now, but will later.
    My jealous eyes fell upon the picture of Trikkirikki´s bottle of Tendre Poison. Must get me a bottle of this discontinued beauty.
    It was my signature scent for a couple of years, and I got so many compliments on it.

Nowadays, I so to say, NEVER, get any compliments on what I´m wearing, but I suspect that is due to the fact that I apply frags much more sparingly now...
    (I wonder if sometimes when someone says "Ohh, you really smell good!" or "Mmmm, does it smell good in here!!", it is merely an expression to tell that the scent have been noticed...and maybe overdone, too...)

to the most lady-like youngster around here: Ms Tao!!

Exciting, lovethescents! Keep us posted, please?!?!

Anné Pliska for me tod..zzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Hello everyone!

Today I chose Jean Patou's lavish floral-chypre 1000.

This masterpiece was created by Jean Kerleo in 1972.

Top notes - Bergamot, Coriander, Eucalyptus, Angelica
    Middle notes - Osmanthus, Rose, Jasmine, Violet
    Base notes - Sandal, Patchouli, Vetiver, Civet
    (credit to OsMoz)

I'm so happy to know that things are coming together for you and your mother, 30 Roses - it's good to have you back!

Y'all have a great day
    !
    Last edited by Evangeline; 12th March 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Well the Miss Dior Cherie was all wrong for me. I had to shower and scrub...now wearing SL Chergui, much comfort for it has been pouring rain constantly for hours with no end it sight.

Basenotes Institution

Vetiver (vintage Eau de Cologne), Vetiver Shower Gel, Vetiver After Shave Balm - all by Guerlain

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

A second day in Mitsouko EDP modern.
    30Roses, you're my hero!!! Musse, you're my love. All of you: You're spectacular!

Alert: Sunday, March 14 is Pi Day (3.14). Plan accordingly.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

John Singer Sargent 1887

Caron - Fleurs de Rocailles

A stunning spring & summer floral chypre.
    This is the vintage version which has oakmoss that fairly takes the breath away
    along with the beautiful sensuous flowers that tumble recklessly throughout.

(Rockgarden Flowers) Created in 1934 in USA.
    Perfumer, Ernest Daltroff. A floral fragrance with notes narcissus, jasmine, lily of the valley,
    violet, rose, ylang-ylang, orris, mimosa, amber, cedar and sandalwood.
    Last edited by kumquat; 12th March 2010 at 03:47 PM.

Good morning, or what's left of it anyway!

I'm wearing Rochas Alchimie today.

TGIF!

Going a bit floral today with Knize Two.

Rochas Byzance today.

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Kouros Cologne Sport.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    Oh Djinn- you smell good !
    As always, mylady ...

Quote Originally Posted by trikkirikki View Post
    joining the Poison family in Tendre Poison edt. Loving the dry down! It seems to come with promises of spring.
    I'm so happy I could cry ... love seing Poisons in this thread!

First up, thank you for the welcome over the week!

Nothing during the day but the trace of Angel on an unwashed jumper, but after a bath with my vetiver loofah and some rose body wash, it all becomes clear. Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur.

Have a fragrant weekend :)

Prada L'eau ambrée from a sample.
    Welcome to my wish list, L'eau ambrée.
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 12th March 2010 at 06:22 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Montana Parfum d'Homme today. Bergamot and a lot more.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Tested AG's Ninfeo Mio yesterday evening. The opening was very strange: dill and figs. No joke. It smelled just like pickles and figs for the longest time. I'll give my sample another test run or two to see what I p/u on subsequent wearings, but I must say that so far I'm not impressed. Whew. Money saved!

Today I'm back to No 5 Eau Premiere. What a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by sakecat22 View Post
    I have the same thing happen occasionally.
    So far, I've found the following:
    - If I use oil-based scents (which I do a lot), I am more likely to pick up sniffs of prior scents.
    - Winter coats, scarves etc tend to "lock" fragrance. On coats - the sleeves tend to be the area that picks up the most.
    - Some scents are just that stubborn....

As a result, I find I unconsciously "trend". This week, stuff with a touch of leather or herbs (wearing Kilians Cruel Intentions, which is more leathery today than I remember). Last week - vanilla. Next week - who knows....
    So glad to know it isn't just me, sakecat. And your explanation makes tons of sense. The "trending" thing also tracks for me. Wow. Thank you!

Wearing AL Nude Musk today. Oh, I think it is part of the trending thing mentioned by sakecat. Take care, all!
    Last edited by Leesee; 12th March 2010 at 06:46 PM. Reason: more to say

Retesting Musc Ravageur from a sample. Last time it faded so fast I may as well have not applied anything, I'll see what happens this time around.

I love rewarding myself with a fragrant shower after a good workout - creams and gels with smells and lotions and potions make me feel so pampered and girly, especially after working up a good sweat! I did the hard part, so now I'm freshly scrubbed, softened and scented with Aromatics Elixir (...courtesy of the shower gel, body cream and just a touch of perfume to punch up the patchouli - I can almost see the soft green cloud around me!)

This reminds me of Hillaire's recent thread about perfumed bath and body products, because these are some of the most highly-scented and luxurious that I've come across. And Clinique's prices are very good, especially considering the quality of these products. I've said this before but it's worth repeating - if you think you should but don't like AR, or just find it a bit too strong, then give the body cream a chance. It's much softer but still extremely fragrant - the potent perfume spray is not the only way to go.

Friday! Whew!

SOTD: L'Eau d'Hiver

Thanks for the update 30Roses...glad to hear that you, your mom, and the rest of your family (including your dear hubby) are making progress on the plans to "regroup"...

Hope you all are looking forward to something this weekend, whether relaxing or exciting or romantic or just straightening up the house...

Hugs to all...

Feeling better, even slept all right (remember, I am the can't-sleepest of them all, regularly, and then again, what's regular any more?), upbeat and ready to go work again.

Keeping 30R. and family in my thoughts.

Pi-day, Q.? (Givenchy Pi again, anyone?) How 'bout Tig's B-day tomorrow?

I am in a cloud of powdery EL White Linen, somehow thinking of DK Cashmere Mist, KenzoFlower, Mariella Burani, even Chanel #5.

Chanel No. 5 for a spring day!

Tonka Imperiale today. I always feel this is going to be too sweet when I first apply it but it dries down to perfection.
    Last edited by hilaryjane; 12th March 2010 at 08:52 PM.

Frederic Malle Une Fleur de Cassie

I'm ending my day in the gorgeous DOLCE VITA.

Trying to enjoy my hefty orientals before the winter comes to a close (though I have plenty of time here) and inspired by NTesla's threads I'm joining the Habit Rouge Eau de Parfum admiration society for my scent of the evening.

I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Twolf, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep. The body can often heal itself if we can give it the chance to do so.

Well, it is a done deal-- today I wrote out the largest check of my life, and Mom is now officially a lifetime resident of the senior apartment complex I referred to, although we can't actually move her in until we buy some furniture! Tomorrow we'll tackle that.

We were delighted to learn that the whole family will be welcome to join Mom in the heated pool and adjacent hot tub! (That'll be a first for me.)

She seemed to really like the place. It is in one of the newer buildings and has amenities particularly suited to seniors-- like a seat built into the molded shower enclosure; a bathroom large enough to allow one to maneuver with a rolling walker or a wheelchair should it become necessary, an emergency call bell situated a foot above the floor next to the toilet (if one is on the floor, it helps to have a button within reach!) and even what I call a "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" button/necklace linked to the phone system, which the resident can wear all the time.

I also bought Mom a cane today and taught her how to use it. Hopefully her "wobbles" will be short-lived, but we can't have her falling in the meantime.

I can't believe it was only 2 weeks ago today that we first visited the place to inquire about whether there was any hope of getting Mom in there. It is inconceivable that this could have accomplished in so short a time without God's help. Many, many thanks to all who have been praying! I can hardly tell you how supported I have felt even in the midst of the stress.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

The apartment complex sounds very good, 30 Roses. Yay!

Switched to AL Rasa -- it always reminds me a tad of Montale's Aoud Shiny. But I like both, so why complain? Have a splendid evening, all.

Basenotes Plus

30Roses, the apartment does sound wonderful! I am amazed this happened so quickly.

My SOTE is The Different Company Rose Poivree.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Chanel Cuir de Russie (EDT, no longevity on me) for the morning... Sycomore for mid-afternoon... Another try layering CdR over Syc in the late afternoon... SoTE Bulgari Black (side by side with the Chanels... it's actually nice and the Sycomore/CdR seems to have boosted the overall longevity.)
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/38140"][B]Actias luna's fragrance reviews[/B][/URL] | Now blogging with [i]AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty[/i] at [URL="http://aromierotici.blogspot.com/"][B]Il Mondo di Odore[/B][/URL] [URL="http://www.ebsqart.com/Artist/Kathleen-Harper/3794/Art-Portfolio/1/"]
    [B]Art[/B]: Actias luna's other hobby[/URL] - along with some impromptu [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/threads/268480-Why-Mouchoir-de-Monsieur-Act-III-Resumed"]"performance writing"[/URL] here on Basenotes!