Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which of these two fragrances would you most like to see advance? Select one from each group only.

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • (Group A) Creed Bois du Portugal

43 39.81%
  • (Group A) Yves Saint Laurent M7

54 50.00%
  • (Group B) Guerlain Habit Rouge

61 56.48%
  • (Group B) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur

42 38.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Blog Entries

Default BMM10: 3/12 Games 37 & 38 (BdP vs. M7, Habit Rouge vs. Musc Ravageur)

Basenotes March Madness 2010

Games 37 & 38
    (Round 2)
    Poll ends March 13.

(5) Creed Bois du Portugal vs. (13) Yves Saint Laurent M7
    (6) Guerlain Habit Rouge vs. (14) Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur

Most recent bracket:

(Click bracket for full size.)

Poll will close in 24 hours, vote which fragrance you'd like to see advance to Round 2. Vote for one fragrance from each group only, voting for both is statistically the same as not voting at all.
    Twitter - @DanielTharp
    DanielTharp.com has additional reviews and commentary.
    Always be content with what you have, never be content with what you are.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/12 Games 37 & 38 (BdP vs. M7, Habit Rouge vs. Musc Ravageur)

The Zeitgeist Sez...

Predictions:

(3) Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche def. (11) Guerlain Heritage
    (16) Czech & Speake No. 88 def. (8) Guerlain Jicky

Standings:
    Maximum Score Possible 41
    The Zeitgeist 33

gupts 36
    an_oud_girl 35
    wicozani 35
    zliang 34
    the_good_life 34
    DocmanCC 31
    mrcologneguy 31
    flannelman 31
    surreality 30
    TwoRoads 30
    timaru 30
    Buddy97 29
    Asha 28
    kbe 28
    robpgmc 28
    Bluesoul 27
    mudassir 27
    telecaster 27
    JaimeB 26
    rogalal 26
    Royal 26
    Furriner 26
    veuve amiot 25
    Exquisitely Me 24
    jacona 22
    Roryj 18

(The Zeitgeist is the "spirit of the time", and his picks are the picks of the majority in all rounds, as an experiment to see if the majority pick in every round is more likely to be correct than any individual's picks. In other words, "Is all of us smarter than one of us?")
    The Zeitgeist has spoken.

Default Re: BMM10: 3/12 Games 37 & 38 (BdP vs. M7, Habit Rouge vs. Musc Ravageur)

BdP gonna get smoked!
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Look at those prediction scores by Gupts, An_Oud_Girl, Wicozani, Zliang, and The_Good_Life.

I could never stand the smart people in class either.

JICKY... NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Well, at least my bracket isn't entirely screwed. I'll be really surprised if 88 takes out Chergui.

Go BdP and Habit Rouge!

Oh crap, Rive Gauche lost too! Damn. Well, I'm screwed then. My hopes: dashed!
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 12th March 2010 at 06:01 AM.

BdP is too hot for M7 to handle. As the match up turns out, I can't believe i will be voting for MR yet again..
    -

Basenotes Plus

Reckon this could be another close one. I'm going with BDP and Habit Rouge.

I would have thought MR should stand a chance against Habit Rouge.
    HR is definitely a very refined frag but MR is waaaay more likable and subtle.
    The other match WILL be a close call as BdP is awesome, indeed, but M7 was initiator of the Aoud trend, it's one of the few exceptional designers and even though I really like BdP I'd take M7 over it any given day.
    Actually, it's my SotD.

Twenty-nine votes and it's close already in both races. Another tight one like the last one maybe.

I just picked this match as the one where BdP lives on overconfidence and a fleet-footed powerhouse of nimble out plays it. M7 plays a big surprise game, I think.

Habit Rouge has a classic "bonus" and I seem to recall a "meh" trend towards MR on the boards from former adulation. But I'm shocked at BdP trailing so badly. It must be the best-loved Creed behind GIT, while I thought M7 is broadly considered an admirably courageous designer scent nobody actually likes to wear (and which has become superfluous after Montale burst on the scene). Maybe the BdP fans are tied up in teak-panelled business meetings just now .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

my vote goes to HR & M7

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    my vote goes to HR & M7
    Mine does, too.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by DocmanCC View Post
    JICKY... NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Well, at least my bracket isn't entirely screwed. I'll be really surprised if 88 takes out Chergui.

Go BdP and Habit Rouge!

Oh crap, Rive Gauche lost too! Damn. Well, I'm screwed then. My hopes: dashed!
    Docman, we'll be drowning our sorrows together...lol. We can do shots of vodka (so it doesn't interfere with our fragrance) and smother ourselves in Jicky!
    Last edited by Asha; 12th March 2010 at 01:18 PM.

Blog Entries

27-19 for M7? Is this for real? It would be interesting to see how many of these votes are from people who don't follow that many threads or are relatively new. M7 doesn't seem to be that big of a basenotes darling if we go by the threads, whereas BdP is.
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Actually, M7 is always very popular with the Basenotes Awards; M7 won Best Fragrance for Evening Wear 4 times!

http://www.basenotes.net/awards/2009/meve.html

Come ON BdP, you can't loose to M7.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Come on M7, we now you're greater than Bdp.
    Stand up for all it's worth and get yourself your well deserved win.
    Seriously, I think if anything, it's the other way around - BdP gaining profits for being creed and for being a good gentlemen frag.
    So get some designer in here, get some Aoud in here, praise M7

I'm sulking since No. 88 went out
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Blog Entries

No. 88 is gonna go all the way! It didn't go out. Jicky did. Apparently, the polls aren't closing automatically and some people might have voted after 12:03 - the cut off time. But bluesoul didn't count any votes after the cut-off time. No. 88 all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    I'm sulking since No. 88 went out

C'mon Bois de Portugal!

BdP! BdP! BdP!
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    No. 88 is gonna go all the way! It didn't go out. Jicky did. Apparently, the polls aren't closing automatically and some people might have voted after 12:03 - the cut off time. But bluesoul didn't count any votes after the cut-off time. No. 88 all the way!
    Ah - splendid news, thanks!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

reviews

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Credo in unum Bois du Portugal
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Institution

Habit Rouge and Musc Ravaguer !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Bluesoul,
    I have a suggestion. Instead of Group A and Group B, could you list them as Match 1 and Match 2? Some people might still be getting confused and thinking they need to pick either Group A or Group B.

DeepSilence

I didn't have none of them. just for Opium, i voted YvesSaintLaurent M7

Hmm, designer vs niche?

Basenotes Plus

[QUOTE=Hamid;1776458]I didn't have none of them. just for Opium, i voted YvesSaintLaurent M7 [/QUO

Seems to me this rubber stamps what Mudassir was saying in #14.

Its interesting that BdP got the lowest votes of all 4 frags...the anti-Creed force was in full flow here.
    -

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Its interesting that BdP got the lowest votes of all 4 frags...the anti-Creed force was in full flow here.
    Interesting indeed. I considered BdP to be at the top of the Creed acceptance list.
    Last edited by kbe; 13th March 2010 at 11:31 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

This may be slightly skewed thinking. Maybe the current crop of voters just prefers M7?
    There hasn't been much discussion of BDP lately, but lots on oud and M7.

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder View Post
    This may be slightly skewed thinking. Maybe the current crop of voters just prefers M7?
    There hasn't been much discussion of BDP lately, but lots on oud and M7.
    There's been a lot of Creed discussion lately but also a lot of negative Creed discussion (if you know what I am talking about)
    -

DeepSilence

Maybe it's result of bad marketing !
    Last edited by DeepSilence; 14th March 2010 at 12:09 PM.