Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hillaire

Default Re: The Monarch of Fragrances.

I am tickled by N_Tesla's recurring Lauding-Mitsouko threads; in fact, it always occur to me that newer members might be moved to actually smell an old classic based on his allegorical grandiosity and intemperate zeal, and that cannot be a bad thing!

Of course, what's 'best' is totally subjective. I feel pretty much the same about 'Y' (in fact I think 'Y' and Coty Chypre both outclass Mitsouko.). Moreover, I have been inspired a time or two by N_Tesla's passion to start an "In Prostate Reverence of YSL Y" thread, to incite others to give it a try!

Quote Originally Posted by Hillaire View Post
    Of course, what's 'best' is totally subjective. I feel pretty much the same about 'Y' (in fact I think 'Y' and Coty Chypre both outclass Mitsouko.). Moreover, I have been inspired a time or two by N_Tesla's passion to start an "In Prostate Reverence of YSL Y" thread, to incite others to give it a try!
    Just curious - have you tried Ayalitta, by Ayala Moriel? It's the closest "living" thing I've smelled to Coty chypre, only better to my nose ( richer, greener, more complex ).

Sadly, I'm fairly chypre-promiscuous. Every time I try one and think "Oh, this is the most perfect, beautiful, balanced chypre around," I find another I love so much more! And promptly forget about the old.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Galamb_Borong View Post
    Just curious - have you tried Ayalitta, by Ayala Moriel? It's the closest "living" thing I've smelled to Coty chypre, only better to my nose ( richer, greener, more complex ).

Sadly, I'm fairly chypre-promiscuous. Every time I try one and think "Oh, this is the most perfect, beautiful, balanced chypre around," I find another I love so much more! And promptly forget about the old.
    I have tried nothing by her; it's the house that is always next on my 'list' yet ends up being displaced! Now I am totally eager to try that one, though!

Basenotes Institution

N_Tesla loves Mitsouko and so do I. It gives him pleasure, a simple ,harmless pleasure and I think Jacques Guerlain would be very happy to know his perfume has moved someone so much that it inspires him to write and talk about Mitsouko so much .

Galamb -funny - I was just looking at Ayalitta on Ayala's website .I'll join you in the 'chypre- promiscuous club !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

After sampling my vintage extrait that arrived today, I am gobsmacked at how different the vintage formula differs from the modern one.
    Perhaps this extrait has suffered only a tiny bit with age (a very slight loss of peach/lavender), but there is a TON of oakmoss in the vintage! I don't know how I will be able to smell the current formula again.
    She is a Grand Dame indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticknot View Post
    N_Tesla loves Mitsouko and so do I. It gives him pleasure, a simple ,harmless pleasure and I think Jacques Guerlain would be very happy to know his perfume has moved someone so much that it inspires him to write and talk about Mitsouko so much .

Galamb -funny - I was just looking at Ayalitta on Ayala's website .I'll join you in the 'chypre- promiscuous club !
    Ditto the funny... I need to stop being so 'cyphre-promiscuous' and enjoy all that I've got in my cabinet for a while. That is SO difficult to do... until I open the cabinet, breathe in, and say... ah... who's my love today? Ah... YOU'll do! :smile: Then later that day... the same thing happens again. And again in the evening... and again at night. Is there such thing as a 'cypre-nymphomaniac?'
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!