Code of Conduct

Default Anybody else preffer the 2.5 oz Creed bottles than the 4 oz bottle?

A random thought: the 2.5 oz bottles look better, simple as that.

The 4 oz bottles reminded me of something: whiskey flask with a fancy cap.

The 2.5 has a sexier, more elegant curvature at the top. I'm even beginning to prefer the look of the 2.5 GIT bottle than the all black 4 oz bottle. The 2.5 oz cap has a gold emblem on top as well. Looks a bit classier in clear, crystal like bottle as well.

What do you think?

Last edited by G Man; 12th March 2010 at 08:13 AM.

Default Re: Anybody else preffer the 2.5 oz Creed bottles than the 4 oz bottle?

There was a thread about this topic before this one, but I think enough time has passed to get some new opinions.

I'm looking to buy a Creed fragrance or maybe multiple. I'm probably going to start off with Aventus as I love it from what I've sampled, and it's also the most highly regarded in terms of Creed's newer scents. Very versatile too.

However, I'm also interested in Bois du Portugal and Royal Oud, and I know Royal Oud only comes in the 2.5oz bottle. I'm a little OCD, so the fact that I'm considering getting Royal Oud means I would like to have my whole collection look exactly the same in those 2.5oz bottles. Not only do I want everything to look uniform, but I think the aesthetic quality of the smaller bottles is better than the larger ones.

That's just my opinion though. I do love the look of the GIT 4oz bottle, but I don't like the fact that you can't see through it. I try to stay away from bottles like that, and either way, I'm not too impressed by GIT although I would definitely add it to my collection if money wasn't an option.

Anyway, what bottle size of Creed frags do you like best? What makes the most sense to you?

Personally, even though the 4oz bottles are a better value, I don't think there's any point to get such a large amount of juice when most people here have huge collections with bottles they might never finish in their life time.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by That Guy; 23rd May 2014 at 06:35 PM.

I like the look of the bottle with the beveled shoulders more than the squared shoulders. But the bottle is far less important to me, since I do not display the bottles. I just wish they would fix those horrible grunting / misfiring atomizers.

I have always gone for the larger sized bottles, but lately 2.5 oz has been the bottle size I have bought most often (a lot of the newer Creed's I have bought were only available in that size).
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I just wish they would fix those horrible grunting / misfiring atomizers.

I agree!! Terrible!!

If so, only for reasons of practicality and lighter weight during travels.

I like both but if the scent comes in both, I'll always opt for the 4oz.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

I'm not too worried either way really.

It's the packaging that gets me -- cheap and nasty -- feels like it has been recycled about 20 times

Now that you mention it, yes, I prefer the 75ml bottle. Just more attractive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    It's the packaging that gets me -- cheap and nasty -- feels like it has been recycled about 20 times
    I know exactly what you mean - it has that recycled feel to it. I hope they change that soon.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I go for the most cost effective choice irregardless of appearance ...the juice is what I care but don't get me wrong a nice bottle is a plus btw , the look from 2.5 to 4.2oz is very minimal difference, also IMHO the atomizer sprays are one of the best in the business ..
    Last edited by magnus611; 23rd May 2014 at 03:28 PM.
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

I really don't care what the bottle looks like as long is it can stand up (hate those bottles from Comme des Garcons or Bulgari that lay flat). I think that both types of Creed bottles look attractive though.

The 2.5 looks classier but economically, I would go with the 4.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    A random thought: the 2.5 oz bottles look better, simple as that.

The 4 oz bottles reminded me of something: whiskey flask with a fancy cap.
    Agreed 100%

The bottle design doesn't really bother me, but I have always thought the black GIT bottle doesn't really match the fresh outdoorsy fragrance. I heard that the silver Himalaya bottle is supposed to look like a hiking flask, and it really does look like one.

To me they look like something that Cap'n Crunch would have on his dresser. Especially with the sword motif.