Code of Conduct

Thread: Burberry Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Default Burberry Sport

Ok, I tried this one. Pathetic. Longevity 10 mins, projection 1 milimeter from skin. Scent itself reminds a bit of Dior Homme Sport. But its quality is eaqual to CK Free. Such a shame.

I have a good skin, and scents last long on me, even Burberry London from wich I also get nice projection, but this Burberry Sport=CK Free in terms of longevity and sillage wich is almost zero.

I've noticed Burberry Sport is not in directory for now, but I'm expecting for reviews to be almost identical to those of CK Free or Boss Elements wich at least has some longevity and sillage (6-10 negative, 3-5 neutral, 1-2 positive)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Burberry Sport

That's really disappointing. With the exception of Burberry Beat, I've rather enjoyed their releases, even Burberry Weekend. Another one for the masses, I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Another one for the masses indeed...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    Ok, I tried this one. Pathetic. Longevity 10 mins, projection 1 milimeter from skin. Scent itself reminds a bit of Dior Homme Sport. But its quality is eaqual to CK Free. Such a shame.

I have a good skin, and scents last long on me, even Burberry London from wich I also get nice projection, but this Burberry Sport=CK Free in terms of longevity and sillage wich is almost zero.

I've noticed Burberry Sport is not in directory for now, but I'm expecting for reviews to be almost identical to those of CK Free or Boss Elements wich at least has some longevity and sillage (6-10 negative, 3-5 neutral, 1-2 positive)
    Look the previous Burberry Sport's thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/241...burberry+sport

My review is rather identical to yours. Really nothing special fragrance. "Tried the new Burberry today. That's a ginger type of "sporty" fragrances. Somehow Burberry Sport is a lighter (or more delicate) copy of Dior Homme Sport, it can be named Dior Homme Sport Eau Fraiche / L'eau / Fresh. The ginger in Burberry is not so loud, and the ending notes are similar to cK free"

Post Thanks / Like

There's a strip-scent of this in the latest Men's Health I received today - it's gagtastic. When I smelled it, I thought about the questioned posed in another thread, if all new scents are bad. It's not that it's "bad", it's that it smells like one degree difference from everything else released in the last 10 years. I can't even think of what other scents it reminds me of, because my mind is so overloaded. The fact that it's $72 for 2.5oz is a laugher, too. Why anyone would bother is beyond me - it will be at amongst the heavily discounted in no time at all.
    The Bark Bites Back.

It's OK but not unique.

Banned

Post Thanks / Like

Not cool. At all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AntonPan View Post
    Look the previous Burberry Sport's thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/241...burberry+sport

My review is rather identical to yours. Really nothing special fragrance. "Tried the new Burberry today. That's a ginger type of "sporty" fragrances. Somehow Burberry Sport is a lighter (or more delicate) copy of Dior Homme Sport, it can be named Dior Homme Sport Eau Fraiche / L'eau / Fresh. The ginger in Burberry is not so loud, and the ending notes are similar to cK free"
    I was not impressed at all. Shame for such a house! Of those lighter scents, I really like Burberry Summer for men, not bad longevity and projection. What puzzles me is - why making such a poor longevity scent? OK, make it f***ing generic, make it a pure copy of ˝I smelled this one before˝, but such a poor longevity! Adidas aftershaves last longer than this, and from time to time one might get a comment from a girl whilst wearing those.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    There's a strip-scent of this in the latest Men's Health I received today - it's gagtastic. When I smelled it, I thought about the questioned posed in another thread, if all new scents are bad. It's not that it's "bad", it's that it smells like one degree difference from everything else released in the last 10 years. I can't even think of what other scents it reminds me of, because my mind is so overloaded. The fact that it's $72 for 2.5oz is a laugher, too. Why anyone would bother is beyond me - it will be at amongst the heavily discounted in no time at all.
    72 dollars? Even if I'd get it for free I'd probably toss it somewhere...as if someone would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebark View Post
    There's a strip-scent of this in the latest Men's Health I received today - it's gagtastic.
    I get Men's Health and smelled it also. I can never really get a good grip on a scent from those fold out's ... but what kills me is the price they're asking for this. $57 for the 1.7 and $72 for the 2.5. That's just ridiculous for a scent like this.
    Last edited by ziffy321; 12th March 2010 at 10:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321 View Post
    I get Men's Health and smelled it also. I can never really get a good grip on a scent from those fold out's ... but what kills me is the price they're asking for this. $57 for the 1.7 and $72 for the 2.5. That's just ridiculous for a scent like this.
    they can ask whatever the hell they like...not that ppl won't buy this, though. When I was just a beginner, scents that impressed me then do not even closely impress me now. So I'm guessing, a lot of ppl will be buying this one.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Well I tried it. All I can say is that it is "sporty" - and I really don't want to waste time/words saying anything else about it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

i got a sample and this stuff is horrible..
    Check out my YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JRWRlTER

very bland and unspired. smelled this at the burbery store in beverly center... the womensversion is so much better than the mens, i feel like the sold out on these. pass.

Post Thanks / Like

that sucks.
    i guess they spent all the money on marketing the bottle than building a true scent.
    Forcing Memories into Everyones Brains One Fragrance at a Time.

I smelt this , its reminds me of a really watered down version of Hermes' Apres le Mouson , that kind of ginger and melon blend but in the Hermes version its much much stronger.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! Don't compare THIS with Hermes...

It's certainly not "horrible", just boring and very bland. I expected more from Burberry.

Post Thanks / Like

clone of Dior homme sport
    "PLAIN LIVING, HIGH THINKING" O.W., De Profundis
    Real beauty: 1) F. Malle 1-19 2) Chanel Bel Respiro 3) TF Noir de Noir 4) Hermes Eau de Pamplemousse Rose

Noses: 1) Jacques Cavallier 2) Maurice Roucel 3) Dominique Ropion

Post Thanks / Like

In the end a lot of ppl share my ˝enthusiasm˝ for this scent. The bottle is quite cool, though...most of designers fail in their ˝sport˝ endeavours anyways, imho.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the packaging, but the scent really is like watered down Dior Homme Sport. I actually quite like DHS, but there's no reason for the Burberry Sport to exist, unfortunately. I did recently get a bottle of The Beat and actually love it, so this is a huge disappointment.
    I refuse to sink.

Post Thanks / Like

From the scent strip in Men's Health, I have to say I liked it. I will have to do a skin test with the real thing before I form an opinion. It def. reminded me of Acqua di Gio in a big way.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to hijack this thread, but something interesting came to mind while reading some of the comments here. One post begs the question: "Why make a fragrance with such poor longevity or projection?" It is true that fragrances produced recently do not smell very different from one another, but the performance issues are inexcusable. I would like to take this opportunity to commend Carolina Herrera; her newest male release (CH for Men) is unique and performs exceptionally well compared to its cohorts. Though it shares the berry (strawberry) note of Black XS, it offers a spicy saffron and ginger note that somewhat distinguishes it. All in all, it ends up smelling more piney and woody with a berry back drop. Hopefully this will make its way to the US so more folks can experience it. Though its not for me, I can appreciate good perfumery when I smell it.

I'm not overly fond of the scent but 10 minute longevity? Come on.

It lasted at least 7 hours for me.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Good to read this, another fragrance I will not need to try!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I'm not overly fond of the scent but 10 minute longevity? Come on.

It lasted at least 7 hours for me.
    ˝lucky˝ you

I feel like fragrances are losing their creativity and originality faster than the rate of Hip Hop dying!

Again, they make their trenchcoats much better than scents.
    And again - I`d better ask tailor to make me a trench than would purchase brandnamed coat.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Post Thanks / Like

This is not a clone of Dior Homme Sport. Not even close. This is what I like to call "Essence of Dillards." This will sell huge!!! Clean and fresh and nondescript...makes it a perfect mainstream launch. Minimal and light.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danho View Post
    This is not a clone of Dior Homme Sport. Not even close. This is what I like to call "Essence of Dillards." This will sell huge!!! Clean and fresh and nondescript...makes it a perfect mainstream launch. Minimal and light.
    come on, it is DHS watered down - but not to the millions of potential buyers so I have to agree with the rest of your post.

Post Thanks / Like

I have owned DHS within the last year...this BS is very different. DHS is like applying ginger paste, BS only has a ginger note that is thin and weak. DHS ginger is powerful and bright.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio

I actually don't mind this frag for its designed purpose. It is a lot like Live Jazz, but weaker. It's a "sport" fragrance - something I usually use sparingly at home, not something I use on a regular basis out in public. It also makes a good bathroom spray

BTW: any reason why this isn't up in the Directory yet??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pisto3 View Post
    I actually don't mind this frag for its designed purpose. It is a lot like Live Jazz, but weaker. It's a "sport" fragrance - something I usually use sparingly at home, not something I use on a regular basis out in public. It also makes a good bathroom spray

Did you check how old this thread actually is? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisto3 View Post

I've requested it a couple times now, not sure why it isn't up, considering that I've gotten more compliments on this stuff than any other scent I own (24-26 crowd). I have a friend that hugs me because she likes the smell of this stuff so much, and near universal praise from friends and acquaintances.

It's not original, but it certainly has mass appeal.

BTW, the deodorant is what originally attracted me to this scent- where the Ginger is wayyyy more dominant. THAT is what I would have liked to have seen.

Post Thanks / Like

I tried a sample recently.

It's virtually identical to Joop Splash. Dior homme Sport is also very similar but has more of a talcum powder base - but there's very little in it.

Choose by price and bottle, sports fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    It's OK but not unique.
    totally agree
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Basenotes Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i am kind of looking for a gym frag. it's either this or something like polo blue.. or buy brit and wear nothing to the gym lol!