Code of Conduct

Default Silly question... EDT vs Intense - last longer? Pour Monsieur intense / EDT

Hello everbody, I wondered if you can help. Particularly as I tend to look for long lasting scenets.

One of my favourite EDT is Pour Monsieur.

I have tried both EDT and Intense (separate wrists!) and perhaps I prefer the scent of the EDT a little more, but the lastability of the Intense, which 'seems' to last a little longer. But it could be in my imagination, being a newbie.

1- Is it a forgone conclusion that intense generally has the longer lasting scent
    2- Is intense always a different scent to the EDT, or usually just slightly different (they are similar)
    3- Any other advice when selecting between EDT and intense

Thanks for your time!

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Silly question... EDT vs Intense - last longer? Pour Monsieur intense / EDT

Welcome to Basenotes!

Are you talking about Chanel Pour Monsieur vs. Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree? They are different fragrances - the concentree is not an intense version of the original.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 12th March 2010 at 06:38 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: Silly question... EDT vs Intense - last longer? Pour Monsieur intense / EDT

Yes it was those actually... the scents did seem different but not as different as any other two random scents.

1) So they are entirely different - then why the same name(ish)? (newbie question)
    2) Is this typical that such version with nimonal concentrate/ee are different?
    3) Does 'intense' mean something entirely different to 'concentrate'

I have also been looking for Azzaro intense up until now, having loved the PH

Than for your help
    Last edited by Dystran; 12th March 2010 at 07:36 PM.

1. It's a mystery. I don't believe anyone knows Chanels reasoning and it baffles us to this day.
    2. It is common for different strengths to be somewhat different, but not radically different as in the Pour Monsieur example. As far as I know the two scents is unique in this respect.
    Last edited by DocmanCC; 12th March 2010 at 07:37 PM.

Frags with the labels "intense," and "concentratee/concentrate," and "extreme" can be confusing--and disappointing. I recall 20 years ago buying Dior Eau Sauvage Extreme and being disappointed. (If I liked Eau Sauvage, wouldn't Eau Sauvage Extreme just be a more potent scent?)
    These are "flankers" and as such are based on the original fragrance. Thus, some notes will be shared but some will be different. A perfumer might emphasize the top notes, middle notes, or base notes. Or some combination thereof. If you're inclined to one of these, safety suggests (a) checking the note pyramid and (b) sampling.