Code of Conduct

Default Comments on Creed Royal Oud, Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street and Creed Original Cologne

Creed Royal Oud - I took a 4ML decant to NM and filled it to the top. hehe. I'm going to give this a really good wearing over the next few days and make my final decision, but so far it's much less spicy than I recall it being when I first tried it. I think my first impression was tainted by my expectations that this would be another very safe creed. It's not very safe, but it's not really loud either. Also, it really does smell like marble!

Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street - This stuff was awful. It smelled like pickle juice. Wow I can't believe the hype on this.

Creed Original Cologne - This is an even worse version of Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. A very synthetic and cheap smelling citrus scent that is out of place in our modern "natural scent" world and it isn't worth $20, never mind $600. Definite pass.

Default Re: Comments on Creed Royal Oud, Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street and Creed Original Cologne

Wow I just realized I took $16 of frag from NM's tester ($300/75x4=$16). I don't think they mind though. if I like it i'll buy a bottle.

Default Re: Comments on Creed Royal Oud, Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street and Creed Original Cologne

Bond No. 9 Bleecker Street - This stuff was awful. It smelled like pickle juice. Wow I can't believe the hype on this.
    Weird...I get blueberries, almost exclusively blueberries with this fragrance.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Hmm, that's not even one of the listed notes! Interesting.

Oh man I'm really liking this Royal Oud. It's very sophisticated. It's loudly upscale, like one of those huge Rolls Royce cars. I'm not sure I could even pull this off because I mostly wear jeans and a t-shirt and stuff. This is for say a really rich 50 year old man in a nice suit, with a 25 year old on his arm. hehe.

omg Creed Original Cologne has zero longevity too. It's gone in 2-3 hours even though I literally sprayed 10 sprays up and down my left arm. This is awful. Might be the worst creed ever made.

I like the two Creeds. Dislike the Bond - personal opinion.

Too rich for my blood. $600 a bottle is insane.

Sur la Plage

I don't find any of the 3 to be worth purchasing.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cerel9 View Post
    Oh man I'm really liking this Royal Oud. It's very sophisticated. It's loudly upscale, like one of those huge Rolls Royce cars. I'm not sure I could even pull this off because I mostly wear jeans and a t-shirt and stuff. This is for say a really rich 50 year old man in a nice suit, with a 25 year old on his arm. hehe.
    Sounds promising! I realy want to try this one! What do you think of this compared to Tabarome Millesime?

Good question. I just put a bit on each arm, and I would say TM is much more familiar and more man of the people-ish. If TM was Winston Churchill's scent, Royal Oud would be, oh, the scent of an aristocrat who doesn't mingle much with the common folk, perhaps someone like George Bush senior or perhaps David Cameron.

I agree, but that is just the top notes. Seems like you don't let scents drydown, and base your opinions (like most Basenoters) on the opening only.

All of these are boring with Bleecker Street being the least boring.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

I wore Royal Oud with about one sixth of a swipe of Oriscent Royal Kinam on top yesterday to a garden party. I was wearing cargos and a pull over RL shirt, got 2 compliments. I like it.

After two days, I'm still not sure whether to get a bottle. I think it's too mature and pretentious. But then again if someone walked by me nicely dressed and smelling like this I would have to admit it would be impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    I agree, but that is just the top notes. Seems like you don't let scents drydown, and base your opinions (like most Basenoters) on the opening only.
    Pickle juice? It's just thyme. A rather nice thyme note, at that. Unique and interesting. Bleecker Street is one of the better Bonds, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    Pickle juice? It's just thyme. A rather nice thyme note, at that. Unique and interesting. Bleecker Street is one of the better Bonds, imo.
    I wasn't implying that I thought it smelled like pickle juice. I was just agreeing that I don't really like the opening either.

Oops, I quoted the wrong post. My bad!

They are a bit different, that's for sure. Well, I guess if nothing else it at least goes to show you that Bond isn't afraid of at least a bit of risk in some of their scents.

If you like the dry down of Bleeker but not the top notes, you should check out Ralph Lauren's Purple Label - if you can still find it - which is quite similar although with a more traditionally pleasant opening.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more