Code of Conduct

Default Transparent Patchouli

Recs?
    Sales thread here

Default Re: Transparent Patchouli

Ulrich Lang Nightscape.

Tom Ford's White Patchouli? Not a fan here, but it's definitely transparent.

IceMen by Mugler is, believe it or not, a light and very transparent patchouli scent.

Sur la Plage

Isn't that an oxymoron?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Institution

Noir Patchouli by Histoires des Parfums

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Ulrich Lang Nightscape.
    Big ditto here. It's what came to mind instantly for me as well. I just put a mini-review and pics of the bottle here if you're interested.
    I'm a colognosaurus. Rawr!

Coromandel...I still need to buy a full bottle, but I can't bring myself to pay that much. But Transparent Patchouli seems an apt description.

Lartisan Patchouli patch
    -

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Noir Patchouli by Histoires des Parfums
    +1 No doubt about it.

You might also wanna try Patchouli 24 by Le Labo.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 13th March 2010 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Lartisan Patchouli patch
    I agree. Amazing fragrance, and pretty airy and transparent.

Coromandel and Patchouli Patch would be my recommendations. Coromandel's opening is a perfect blend of soft florals, spice, and chocolate, with the patchouli only subtly poking through. As it develops, the patchouli becomes more prominent (as one would expect), but never overwhelms to the extent that heavy patches do. Patchouli Patch honors L'Artisan's approach to its entire line, somehow transforming even heavy ingredients into something diaphanous and clear. Well, compared to other patches at least...
    Last edited by Snafoo; 13th March 2010 at 02:02 PM.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

I cosign Patchouli Patch and would like to add Nombril Immense.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

I should also second Ice*Men...an underrated fragrance.

I am not a big bushwhacker patchouli-note fan, and the only ones I gave space in my wardrobe to are Patchouli Patch and Ice*Men both of which capture just enough of the characteristic mouldy, earthy aroma of patchouli without screaming "Zanzibar!!".
    Last edited by zztopp; 13th March 2010 at 09:32 PM.
    -

Another for Patchouli Patch. Its a must try!
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Ditto for the Ice•Men recommendation. It is an aquatic but the drydown is a very light patchouli that is quite trnsparent. You also might try Demeter Vintage Naturals Patchouli - a green + orange scented light patchouli - great summer patchouli.

Of the the more serious patchouli fragrances the more transparent ones are Patchouli Patch from L' Artisan and Patchouli from M. Micalef. Both smell like pathhouli first and last but they do it with very light and uplifiting complentary notes that keep the character light and transparent in feeling.

So about a month later, and little sampling done along the way, I've found what I believe to be the most transparent patchouli:

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Eau Fraiche (!)

The opening is a little minty, but not bracing, and the heart is a bit herbal and fresh, but the base is this really great, transparent patchouli and musk, that's clean but also musky, much in the same style as Bulgari pour Homme and Aqua di Gio (the clean and musky part).

I did, however try some of the fragrances you guys recommended: I got the chance to sample Coromandel (and Borneo 1834, due to the mention of similarity between the two) and Patchouli Patch. They're all really great patchouli fragrances, with Coromandel and Patchouli Patch pulling off the transparent patchouli quite well. They're not clearly as transparent as L'eau Bleue Fraiche, but they're in another fragrance category altogether. While Coromandel smells like straight up patchouli, L'Eau Bleue Fraiche is more synthetically musky (in a good way) with a touch of patchouli. All great frags in the end though. I'm quickly turning into a patch head
    Sales thread here