Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Monday 15 March

Good morning!

Sort off trying to keep the weekend still going on by wearing Guerlain Shalimar EdP...

Have a marvy Monday!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Default Re: SotD Monday 15 March

Good morning everyone I have a studyweek this week. Slightly nervous about getting feedback on the group assignment today Sotd is JPG Classique. Have a great start of the week all!

My favourite note in March is turning out to be Rose. I'm wearing Rosine's Rose Praline on this beautiful Autumn day.

Have a lovely day!

Vol de Nuit.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Monday 15 March

Serge Kalouguine's L'OMBRE DANS L'EAU

diptyque

Notes of : Bulgarian rose and black currant leaf
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

My SOTD is Romeo Gigli.

Top Notes: Bergamot, Petitgrain, Neroli, Bitter Orange, Verbena, Rosewood, Sagebrush, Rosemary, Tarragon, Clary
    Middle Notes: Rose, Bourbon Geranium, Clove, Allspice
    Base Notes: Oak, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Spruce Balsam, Blonde Tobacco, Ambergris, Civet

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A wonderful morning to everyone! Am going to bed now, as it's almost 2:00 a.m. here, but intend on wearing Chanel No. 19 today.

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 15th March 2010 at 07:48 AM.

Guerlain's no-nonsense Jicky vintage EdT, fresh yet dark, elementary yet deep, both innocent and obscurely carnal..

Basenotes Institution

Wow ! Everyone is smelling wonderful today.

Chanel No5 EDP for me today.

I just may have to get some extrait. The last time I owned Chanel No.5 extrait was when I was about 23 years old. I know it's been re done and all that jazz but who cares I bet it still smells like a million dollars.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Blog Entries

Un Jardin Sur Le Nil.

Have to do Guerlain Attrape-Couer this morning, Chamade was last night.

Keiko Mecheri Loukhoum Eau Poudree.

Eva Pasco

Good morning!

"The purpose of our lives is to give birth to the best which is within us." Marianne Williamson

May each of us cultivate our inate abilities today and moving forward...

OJ Sampaquita. It is beautiful, slightly resinous but still green. I just wish it had a bit more sillage.

Kumquat - you've done it again!!

Cuddlecat's obsession with roses made me realize I haven't had MY obsession out for a while...so I'm spending the day in peonies.... starting with....

"The world is ruled by letting things take their course. It cannot be ruled by interfering." Lao Tze

Happy Monday all!

Starting out in a sample of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Mechant Loup, in case I need to channel a touch of grrr today. A snarl booster, if you will :)

I've just taken delivery of Serge Lutens Santal de Mysore, so I've switched over to that. I'm enjoying the glorious weirdness of it

Busy building an ark after all the rain this weekend, thought I'd wear some tobacco.

Costamor Tabacca

As a young boy growing up in Miami in the late 60's I was exposed to a different culture a bike ride from my doorstep. I would regularly ride my bike down to Calle Ocho in Little Havana and on those trips I learned how to speak Spanish, drink strong Cuban coffee, play dominos, and the art of rolling a fine cigar. Sr. Perez-Carrillo showed me how he would pick the correct wrapper leaf and and then the technique, almost like origami, that went into rolling a perfect cigar. As I would sit in the shop watching his hands blur through this process I was surrounded by the smell of tobacco leaves. Depending on their use in the cigar making as filler, inner wrapper or outer wrapper they all had their own fragrance to them.

Elizabeth Wright who founded Costamor in 2009 spent her childhood summers in Costa Rica and her perfume house is concentrated on recreating her memory of fragrances from those summers in Costa Rica. I am guessing she also spent some time in a cigar shop during her time in the tropics because Tabacca, one of the first two Costamor fragrances, smells like the varied differences in tobacco leaves. Tabacca unfolds like the layers that go into making a fine cigar.

The outer layer is a beautiful mix of a green tobacco leaf accord mixed with a hint of apple. This is tobacco before it reaches that narcotic richness that drying enhances. Here you still smell the green leafy quality plus the nicotinic hints underneath it all. The choice to pair this with a tart green apple elevates the beginning of this into unforgettable territory. The heart is the familair rich dried tobacco accord in all of its glory. Ms. Wright chooses to add a rose tea accord as complement and that mix of light rose and tea, as in the top, makes for a well-chosen partner. The base is a warm amber to bring Tabacca to a soft finish.

Tabacca has excellent longevity and average sillage.

This is another excellent fragrance from Costamor that does what few other fragrances have tried, to explore both the green and dried aspects of tobacco in the same fragrance. Like the child who marveled at the skill it took to make a perfect cigar I am now the adult who admires Ms. Wright's skill in fully exploring both facets of tobacco in Tabacca.

Have a Merry Monday everyone.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 15th March 2010 at 11:38 AM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

Basenotes Plus

Sofie & I brought home another kitten from the shelter yesterday. She's sitting on my head, yes, my head, purring loudly as I type. 9 weeks, black "smoke", her fur is grey underneath, green eyes. Cuddle cat to the max. She slept on my head last night. Her shelter name was "Quinci". The litter was found in a Quick check dumpster, so all three kittens have names that begin with "Q". We changed it to Countess Quinci von Bean and call her "Bean".

Now, I have to break the news to my husband.....eeeek!

Bean likes rose scents, so I'll wear Rosine's Rosa Flamenca again.

Oh & our road is closed, flooded by the Passaic River at both ends.
    Last edited by RHM; 15th March 2010 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Difficult to type with a kitten balanced on ones head.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Wearing HM Eau Fraîche again... Love, love, love it!!

To mark the Ides as well as the anniversary of the birth of George Brent (actor, licensed pilot), I'm wearing Guerlain Vol de Nuit.

Hope everyone has a good Monday. Take care, all!

Basenotes Plus

I'm feeling suitably trashy in Insolence EDT. I started in a new role today, I've moved from Training into Human Resources which is exactly where I want to be. It's all very new and it's great to finally put alot of the things I have been studying into practice.
    Last edited by Candy Perfume Boy; 15th March 2010 at 12:33 PM.
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Azzaro pour Homme

I am not a huge lavender fan, but APH is a perfectly blended aromatic fougere that never fails to surprise me with nuance. It has an outstanding lavender and anise opening, an herbal/citrus basil and oakmoss heart, and a musky, woody, ambergris base.

I love how this model is hugging the oversized bottle like a big teddy bear in this ad.

And it's got a very panEuropean/Roman Empire, masculine, martial vibe, so it fits for the Ides of March (Mars's month--god of War).

Have a great Monday! If you are a bloody dictator/conqueror, try to avoid getting stabbed if you can. Peace.
    Last edited by Antaeusintheair; 15th March 2010 at 12:47 PM.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

Looks like a Guerlain day today.

For me - Mitsouko EdP.
    Works well with the grey rain. Days like this make me thankful that it is 65 degrees and fluourescent year round in my world....
    Sakecat's Scent Project
    "Wardrobe" and Reviews of everything I've tried to date. Please come visit and let me know what you think.

Basenotes Plus

RHM, stay safe! Congrats on your new kitty. She sounds adorable.

Gray and dreary this morning. Power's still out in lots of areas. Traffic lights were out at several major intersections. A couple of main roads were closed off and traffic diverted due to downed trees and/or power lines. Made for a challenging commute.

Thierry Mugler Angel Innocent

Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Comme des Garçons - Champaca

Congrats on the new kitty, RHM. The rain wrecked our theater plans as we could get no place on Saturday...roadblocks everywhere. So much for "at least it's not snow".

Starting my morning with a great deal of coffee and Christian Lacroix Tumulte

Hermès Hiris for the rest of the day.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

TDC's Jasmine de Nuit today

Prada, Prada

RHM, little Bean kitten sounds adorable. Love those cuddle cats!

I'm giving a final this morning -- actors' showcase, actually -- so I want to wear something close to the skin but wonderful. 31 Rue Cambon it is, then! Take good care, all.

Getting horsey with Dzing!, the dregs of my sample.

RHM, pat the countess on the head for finding her royal self such a great family!
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Blog Entries

Chanel - Bois des Iles

Created by Ernest Beaux as one of the first aldehyde;
    floral woody amber (oriental) parfum with top notes of bergamot, pettigrian and coriander;
    heart notes of jasmine, rose, ylang-ylang and cassis;
    base notes of bergamot, tonka bean, vanilla and sandalwood.
    Last edited by kumquat; 15th March 2010 at 02:41 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Devin by Aramis

Iris 39 by Le Labo today. Notes, according to Luckyscent: Iris, lime, patchouli, rose, ylang ylang, musk, violet, ginger, cardamom, and civet. (I can't smell the ylang ylang or the civit.)

I'm excited about going to NY tomorrow! Planning a visit to Le Labo in nolita, as well as the Frederic Malle store on Madison.

My dog Ginger would like to meet your kitten, RHM. (But I'm not sure her intentions are honorable.)

Nirmala on another snowy day.

Afternoon all,

having a sore throat day here, so I've been sitting indoors watching the glorious sunny day from behind the curtains. I feel like crap to be honest (pardon my French).

Still, a little Gelsomino from Galimard perked me up a bit. I'm obsessed about this gorgeous little thing! Pure and simple tuberose.

Congrats on your new kitten RHM, a very wise desicion if you ask me. All of my cats say hello, but especially our kitten Guiness.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Starting the day in Ivoire. Thinking of spring.

Finishing weekend stats:
    Saturday PM: Escale a Portofino
    Sat bedtime: Guerlain Pamplelune

Sunday AM: BNTBTNB Exhale
    Sunday PM: L'air de Desert Morocain

Great Monday to all!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Nahema (Guerlain)

RHM, your new kitten sounds adorable!

I'm wearing Ava Luxe Film Noir today. A little smoke and leather to match our gray skies.

Baldufita and Inscentiable, sorry I missed your birthdays yesterday! Hope the day was wonderful for you both.

Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Jicky for me today.

So many wonderful pictures posted here today!

Special thanks for the pic of that uber-sexy Azzaro model, Anthaeusintheair! (-I have always read your nick as "AnthaeusintheHair")

I´m in the new summer version of JLo Glow today, called Blue Glow (from a sample), and I quite like it.

Hugs all around!

Get better soon, trikkirikki (wanna swap some of that Gelsomino for hot cocoa with whipped cream on top?)
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

SotD was Mugler Cologne
    SotE is CdG Kyoto

Banana Republic ~ Republic for Men.

Gosh, I feel like I've missed a lot here in the last couple of days...happy belated birthday wishes to Baldufita and others who celebrated mid-March birthdays. Welcome to C Rose...and RHM, your new kitty sounds like a cutie.

Must run off to Monday Morning Madness...

SOTD: Chanel Coco (parfum)

YSL Elle for me today. Completely different to the type of scents I've been wearing recently, took a couple of hours to get used to it again. Cedar stops this from being too girly. Thinking I might buy D&G Sicily this week, I think it's a very soulful scent.
    Last edited by chaelaran1008; 15th March 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Started off in a sample of Jour Ensoleillé - Sonoma Scent Studio

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    OJ Sampaquita. It is beautiful, slightly resinous but still green. I just wish it had a bit more sillage.
    Just spotted this post. Sampaquita is lovely but yes, very quiet. I'd still like to add it to my collection though.

Thanks all for the birthday wishes yesterday and today!!! It really means a lot to me...

I'm scent twins with Lyndy Hop today! I'm wearing Chanel No.19
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

Hello, all! I'm off work because I had some minor surgery this morning. All went well, I think. Please send positive thoughts regarding lab results, however!

I was sneaky and dabbed on some L'Eau de Jatamansi, then sprayed more of same with abandon when I got home. It will also work well for my nap this afternoon.

Sending kisses for the tops of the precious kitties' heads. Please post photos and introductions over at the Cat People group!

I spent the day in Un Jardin en Mediterranee. I have since spritzed on some L'Artisan La Chasse Aux Pappions.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Czech & Speake Citrus Paradisi this AM.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue Aftershave tonight. Projects like a cologne and is damn nice too!
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Belated birthday wishes to the birthday folks! And congrats to RHM on the new addition to her family.

I'm joining the rose fans in TDC Rose Poivrée. I enjoy this but wish it was just a bit dirtier. (I would have loved to smell the original formulation!)
    For sale: JL Scherrer parfum (reduced price) and more!

"One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other." ~ Jane Austen

“Pleasure is the flower that passes; remembrance, the lasting perfume” ~ Jean de Boufflers

Sending positive thoughts to Haunani!!!!!!

Emporio Armani He
    Gary

Bvlgari Black

Badgley Mischka from a sample today...I think it is good, but I am not sure about the 5 star rating in The Guide. It does have a Chanel Coco vibe, though, which makes it a pleasant thing to wear.

Basenotes Plus

Generously applied Prada Infusion D'Iris before going to work today. About 4 pm I realized it was the Ides of March, so applied Laura Biagotti's Roma after dinner for the evening scent.
    Last edited by knit at nite; 16th March 2010 at 04:00 AM.