Code of Conduct

Default Recommend good sillage and long lasting fagrances?

I find that most frangrances (on me) give little sillage and do not lt long (although that could be me getting used to them). I am a begginer, but I list my likes/dislikes below should they help. I'm not sure if they say anything about me? (perhaps I have quite basic tastes!).

Faves
    For business: Chanel Pour Monsieur, Guerlain Heritage or l'escada
    Informal: Body Kouros, One Million or Le Male
    Anytime: Azzaro PH or Gucci Envy

Quiet likes
    Millesmime Imperial, Roma Uomo, Silver Mountain water, Burberry Brit, Egoist Platinum, Antaeus, Terre de Hemmes.

Dislikes
    Bois de Portgal, Kouros, Czech & Speake (most), Encre Noir, Hugo XY, Tiffay for men (thought would be for me but hated it), Mazzolari Lui, CDG Series 2. I do appreciate how special some of these are, just not for me though

I find that Le Male, Body Kouros and Azzaro have fairly decent good sillage etc, but I find that none of my business fragrances do.

Any ideas for good sillage long lasting fragrances, preferably for "business" but anything would help!?

Much appreciated
    Last edited by Dystran; 13th March 2010 at 06:20 PM.

Default Re: Recommend good sillage and long lasting fagrances?

Hmmm...Well I can Certify that Azzaro PH Lasts a long time on Me if Sprayed more than 5 Times...Though it's potent once Achieved!

Also, Kouros...now...this bad boy Only needs a maximum of 3 Sprays! It's brusque nature pleads for attention, Yet it doesn't flaunt too much if
    Controlled...*Ie; An average of 1 - 1/2 sprays to the chest...that's all!* Now with this at grant, I can gainsay that Kouros proves extremely appropriate!

Chanel Antaeus - Is a sillage beast!! Two sprays last the whole darn day Plus the extra morning hours!! It's soo friggin amazing! I've safely written it down as my favorite scent In the mean time!

Now, For My final frag...I've Chosen - Rive Gauche Pour Homme - Now this is another Stella fragrance! It may be a soupcon weak...though with a minimum of 5 - 6 sprays..It's a gentleman's powerhouse..you'll be the aristocrat of your workplace!!

Oh, the reason why I'm professing such a scarce amount of fragrances is because this is said from solemn experience! I have a propper and uniform bond with these...it's concrete and satiable!! I only wanna' dish out the good stuff! :P

- Balava -
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Oh yes, Rive Gauche. I loved that scent having worn it for 6 months or so, and was very content with it. I think that I only stopped wearing it for a change rather than anything else. Perhap I should not fix what's not broken!

Azzaro, on balance of fragrance, sillage, lastability is probaby my most worn fragrance at present. I always feel great, confident and safe with it.

I may have to give Antaeus another go. I moved it down the list having preferred the scent of Pour Monsieur, the latter not providing the sillage an lastability I need though.

Hmm, I'm liking the contrast of Rive Gaiche and Azzaro ... both satisfying my criteria and being rather unique.

Still cannot take to Kourus although I did notice that was probbal the strongest scents I have tried!

Chrome is exceptional in the Longevity dept
    another good one I would recommend is Bvlgari Aqua, a really exceptional fragrance
    another one you might like is Jaipur EdP (or EdT), wonderful!
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

My wardrobe is a bit heavy on "business" worthy scents. I'll wear almost anything to work, but the scents below are generally more conservative, work worthy, dressy and most are sort of mature (30+). On me these all last pretty well and project a bit. It's a mix of pricey juice and not so pricey.

L= Longevity S= Sillage

Creed Vintage Tabarome (sorry, kinda pricey) L++/S++ My top work scent. Yeah it's mature for sure. Kids need not apply. This is for men. Hard to ignore or dismiss anyone wearing this.
    VC&A Pour Homme L+/S+++ Sillage monster. A bit dated perhaps but awesome nonetheless. Everyone in the office will know when you're "in" and which offices you've visited.
    Rive Gauche Pour Homme L+/S+ A modern classic and a bargain.
    Creed GIT L+/S+ Another classic.
    Creed Royal English Leather L++/S+ Underrated and understated.
    Boucheron Pour Homme L/S+ Older citrus scent. If you like CPM, this might be up your alley. Some think a bit mature.
    Domenico Caraceni 1913 L/S+ Another favorite of mine. Tres elegante! Sort of like No. 88 but wihtout the foul note that I find in all C&S scents.
    Amouage Dia Man L+/S Very nice scent. A bit lower key, but very good stuff.
    Penhaligons Hamman Bouquet L/S This is an odd, old world scent. May not be you.
    Penhaligons Racquets L+/S+ Some find it casual. To me it's sort of British barbershop. I like it at work.
    Versace L'Homme L+/S++ An 80s powerhouse that is very underrated imo. The most surprising scent I discovered in here. It may or may not smell dated, but I love it. Works casually too.

I like Kouros a lot, but I'm very mixed about wearing that for work.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 13th March 2010 at 07:49 PM.

+1 for Versace L' Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by fraddicted View Post
    +1 for Versace L' Homme.
    That's such a magnificent scent. I got compliments last time I wore it to work. It's hard to find. I think many dismiss it as another light, modern scent from Versace. In reality, it was their first frag offering in the 80s and was infused with the "power" attitude of that time. It's one of the few frags that often makes me think "I should just wear this all the time." The name is confusing too with "Man" and "Pour Homme" scents from Versace too.

I'm eternally grateful to "manly scent maven" mario j for suggesting it to me in a PM.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 13th March 2010 at 07:24 PM.

Aside from seconding Antaeus, Rive Gauche, Vintage Tabarome and Versace L'Homme, you might also like to try Jaipur Homme by Boucheron and Gucci Nobile

I agree with Azzaro Pour Homme, also Grey Flannel, Polo, Aramis and Kouros

Nejma One

Most of the Eau d`Italie scents has very good sillage/longevity. Especially Bois d`Ombrie and Sienne I`Hiver.

If you want a list of big sillage and long lasting scents, all you need to do is go to the "Powerhouse Fragrance Users" social group forum and check out the lists of power scents discussed there.

All the fragrances in my wardrobe last over 8 hours, at least.
    JOOP! Homme lasts 2 days. I never used more then 2 sprays of this stuff.
    Kouros (Yves Saint Laurent) lasts 2 days. Who is crazy enough to use 3 sprays of this one ?
    Azzaro Pour Homme an aromatic scent that lasts 12 hours, for max longevity use 5 sprays. It will be rough
    Jaipur Homme by Boucheron lasts 24 hours, my favourite oriental, use 3 sprays for the best longevity, but please, no more than that.
    Pi by Givenchy lasts 8 hours, sometimes 12, if you use 5 sprays, it isn't rough.

Hey jimi, along with Shamu1 I will Cordially extend his invitation to the "Powerhouse fragrance Users" social Group

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi Hendrix View Post
    All the fragrances in my wardrobe last over 8 hours, at least.
    JOOP! Homme lasts 2 days. I never used more then 2 sprays of this stuff.
    Kouros (Yves Saint Laurent) lasts 2 days. Who is crazy enough to use 3 sprays of this one ?
    Azzaro Pour Homme an aromatic scent that lasts 12 hours, for max longevity use 5 sprays. It will be rough
    Jaipur Homme by Boucheron lasts 24 hours, my favourite oriental, use 3 sprays for the best longevity, but please, no more than that.
    Pi by Givenchy lasts 8 hours, sometimes 12, if you use 5 sprays, it isn't rough.
    Are you really 14 years old? If so, I'm damn impressed that a high school student would be wearing stuff like Jaipur and Azzaro Pour Homme! It took me until my mid-20s to even give a damn about fragrances.

Definitely check out the Powerhouse Fragrance Users Group. Your love of Kouros and Azzaro PH automatically qualify you to be a member!

A*Men lasts millions of years

Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille EdP lasts too long, it literally lasts about 30hrs on me (with shower).

M7, Dior Ambre Nuit, Dior Bois D'Argent. The longevity is absurd on my skin with these three. I can spray them all on, go through a day and get up early to the gym the next morning and still smell them on me. Of course YMMV.

PawelL

Bijan Men
    Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills
    RL Polo
    Joop! Homme
    Last edited by PawelL; 13th April 2010 at 10:59 PM.

Dior Homme Intense
    YSL Opium pH Edp

a men, obsession, pure malt.

Xeryus Rouge and Eau des Baux by L'Occitane

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    Tom Fords Tobacco Vanille EdP lasts too long, it literally lasts about 30hrs on me (with shower).
    I agree, I like the smell but holy sh*t is it powerful. I can't wear it because of several reasons.. It lasts too long and is hard to get off the skin and it is just way too strong -- it takes a good 6 hours on my skin before it settles down. I think it would be great in an EDT though.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 11th April 2010 at 09:14 PM.

Polo

Mostly powerhouse have great sillage and longevity. I only used not more than 3 shoots.

For powerhouse and classic
    VC&A PH - Powerfull sillage. Last on my skin >14hours
    Qourom - Super rude huge sillage. Last on my skin >10hours...can beat Kouros.
    Sung - A strong fresh. Great on sillage & last whole day
    Oscar de la renta - Monster. This also has beast of sillage & longevity.
    Fendi Uomo - power on sillage and last whole day.

Modern classic
    Gucci PH 2003 - Only need 4 shoots and last for whole day...strong incense & burning wood scent.
    M7 - this also same like Gucci PH.
    Envy - nice on cedar & sweet leathery notes also got good on sillage & longevity.
    Last edited by ruffin; 11th April 2010 at 11:28 PM.

+ 1 for Giorgio Beverly Hills for Men - it cannot be stopped!

Chanel Egoiste and Terre d' Hermes for me.

Ya TdH is pretty nice on sillage and longevity. B*Men is also very good as well as Diesel Zero Plus.

PawelL

Quote Originally Posted by derbyman View Post
    + 1 for giorgio beverly hills for men - it cannot be stopped!

oh yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Versace L'homme and definitely Kouros, though a shame you dont like this. Paco Rabanne is a monster too and Aramis.
    Most of the Serge Lutens are amazing. They last a few days even after showers and if sprayed on a sweater you can still smell them weeks later. A*Men hangs around but a little to long for my taste.

Chamade (Guerlain)

Quote Originally Posted by RoteRosen View Post
    Bijan Men
    Giorgio by Giorgio Beverly Hills
    RL Polo
    Joop! Homme
    Those are perfect recommendations. I also use Burberry Homme and that seems to stay and still project for about 8 hours

you better not have me pull an ike turner in this thread. you do not like bois du portugal? what the hell is wrong with you? lol