Code of Conduct

Default Hen house in bathroom

I recently moved to Amsterdam and my apartment has one of the craziest bathrooms I've experienced... I keep noticing small details all the time. The owner is an artist and most surfaces are painted and covered with glass. Hens appear to be a favourite theme in here. The lighted plastic hen has chickens. There are small eggs here and there.

Seeing is believing:

26253_348428853928_&.jpgIMG_0029..jpgIMG_0028..jpgIMG_0030..jpgIMG_0026..jpg26253_348431928928_&.jpg
    Last edited by tott; 14th March 2010 at 12:25 AM.

Default Re: Hen house in bathroom

I love it! Better than my bathroom, for sure.

Basenotes Plus

How interesting! I like it....a lot!
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Thanks. "Interesting" is a good way of putting it. This is not something I would've dreamed up myself, I would've gone for understated and tasteful... I enjoy it though!

Last edited by tott; 14th March 2010 at 12:16 PM.

Hillaire

This IS beyond 'tasteful'.
    Just think what some pseudo eccentric starlet might put up financially for an 'artiste' to outfit her bathroom like that!
    It's divine and whimsical and totally aesthetic; the hen with the wire mesh is the most ironically brilliant thing I have seen; in light of the bourgeois prevalence of the chicken motif, to see it in this context is thrilling!
    Your flat owner should be designing homes.

It's even trippey when you're not on drugs, awesome!
    Tom Ford Splits!!!! - Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, Noir de Noir,
    Plum Japonais, Italian Cypress,
    Neroli Portofino, Costa Azzura
    HARD TO FIND -
    Lavender Palm, Arabian Wood, Champacca Absolute and AMBER ABSOLUTE, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

That's hilarious.
    It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely products of a deranged imagination.

Douglas Adams

Fascinating! Thanks for sharing. :-)
    Is the rest of the house that way too?
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, and today is a gift;
    that's why they call it the present."

Grand pics, very artistic interior

Blog Entries

That is wonderful! I've known some home owners who transform their half bath (no tub/shower, used most often by visitors) into something crazy and kitschy, and that is by far one of the best I've seen. I love it!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

It's better than the place that I once lived where the owner had covered the top of the toilet lid with a big papier mache head of a frog wearing a golden crown.

Eva Pasco

I find it intriguing...