Code of Conduct

Default Aramis Tuscany Gentlemen's Collection Eau De Toilette, 2009 edition

Hi,
    I have a bottle of Aramis Gentlemen's Collection Tuscany Eau De Toilette, 100ml which they say it is 'New 2009 Edition'
    http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/...D&CMP=AFC-AWIN
    Could you please tell me, is it different from the classic Aramis Tuscany?
    Thank you!

Default Re: Aramis Tuscany Gentlemen's Collection Eau De Toilette, 2009 edition

Interesting number of Tuscany threads today!

The new Gentlemen's Collection version smells, to me, exactly the same as the original, as do all the other Gentlemen's Collection counterparts. The only one of the collection I'd not smelt or owned in either version was JHL (I remedied that last week), otherwise the only difference I could detect between old and new for any of them was that the colour of Devin was slightly lighter in the GC version, but they smell identical.

I, and no doubt other BNers, think Aramis have done very well with reformulations and have made sure that the smell of the frags is not compromised in any way.

OK, I have looked everywhere for a bottle of Havana. Any suggestions? The last time I looked, it was still available on Ebay for an ungodly amount...

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    OK, I have looked everywhere for a bottle of Havana. Any suggestions? The last time I looked, it was still available on Ebay for an ungodly amount...
    I assume we're talking about the Gentlemen's Collection version? Some of the larger and posher department stores in the US have it (Neiman Marcus for one), but none of them will ship outside of the US - you might be okay shipping to Mexico, but will probably pay through the nose for shipping costs. It has been released in some EU countries (Greece and Turkey, I believe) and you should be able to find somewhere shipping internationally, but again shipping costs will probably be pretty pricy.

If none of the department stores will ship to Mexico, I'm sorry to say the only option left to you is the same option us UK BNers have - a hawk-like monitoring of the 'Bay.

I have to agree with Great Badir. Aramis actually seemed to give a damn about doing a good job on reformulating all of the fragrances in the GC. I wish other Houses would show the same respect and concern that Aramis did.
    Last edited by Somerville Metro Man; 16th March 2010 at 12:15 PM.
    More writing on fragrance by me to be found at http://www.cafleurebon.com/

what does this reformulation resides in? have they modified anything else except for the box?
    Last edited by blaghi; 15th March 2010 at 07:07 PM.

Maybe now this house will get It's just due.
    Don't panic. Just stay calm, and reload....

Quote Originally Posted by blaghi View Post
    what does this reformulation resides in? have they modified anything else except for the box?
    Given that Tuscany has been around since the 80s, it's almost certainly been reformulated at least once. I can't speak for the 80s one, but I can say for sure that the current GC Tuscany smells exactly the same as the one available immediately before the collection was released, which in turn smelt exactly the same as the Tuscany that was around in the mid to late 90s. Whether the GC version is a reformulation itself, I don't know, but I doubt it seeing as how the previous one (in the bottle shown in the BN directory pic) was still available when the GC was released.

Basically most, if not all, Aramis frag reformulations smell the same as their original/vintage versions. According to my nose, anyway.